I'm stumped: has anyone experience with this strain

Very true a lot of variables when it comes to how long it takes to finish as well as what kind of high you are wanting. But the point I was trying to make is that the estimated flowering time posted by the breeders is based on the start of the flowering transition not when they actually start budding. A lot of people have different opinions of what the breeders considered the start of flowering.

Very true a lot of variables when it comes to how long it takes to finish as well as what kind of high you are wanting. But the point I was trying to make is that the estimated flowering time posted by the breeders is based on the start of the flowering transition not when they actually start budding. A lot of people have different opinions of what the breeders considered the start of flowering.
I am not sure where the breeders became the ones who have the say here. Breeders are usually very vague about this number anyway, saying a strain will flower 8-10 weeks... Gee, thanks, a 14 day window. I like a little more accuracy. I can usually choose the lowest number and I want to be able to project, as I just did in my current grow journal, exactly the weekend that I plan on harvesting, from the moment that bloom starts. For me, repeatable consistency is what rules but bottom line is that here in my garden, I am the gardener, and for me flower starts after a transition. In my garden, I rule... in yours, what you say goes and flower starts at the flip. It really matters not to the plants whos opinion on this is the correct one... they will get done when they get done. I simply find comfort in knowing that I can predict that date with some degree of accuracy.

I think you missed the point. I know when my plants are ready to harvest and I can predict when they will be ready to the day. Lol All someone has to do is Google how to tell when the plants are ready to harvest and there are several good examples and pictures on the internet This was about when the flowering phase starts. The breeders don't have the say. They just give you a guideline.

I'm not a commercial breeder but have been breeding for 15 years. If I were to sell my seeds and give a description it'd all come down to what the breeding consists of. If I had a strain that had been stabilized, cubed, backed... I would have a more precise answer on flower time. If I breed a 7 week strain with a 12 week strain, even if I backed it once, I'd have a very vague flower time (8 to 10 weeks)
Theres alot of seed breeders out there that do a cross n put a fancy name on it. Or get a good cut, self pollinate and sell those as feminine. I've only come across maybe half a dozen breeders that actually stabilize their genetics and show their lineage. They explain who the parents, grandparents, parents of them....got whole family tree.

Back
Top Bottom