Impressed

Kilroy64

I have been lurking around the forums for a week or two reading and learning and I have to say that I am impressed with the community here.

I have been on many other forum boards with other topics and it is mostly flame wars and/or useless babble. The information here is top notch and the way folks chip in when somebody is having problems is impressive.

So I am in the planning stages for my very first grow of any kind. I have a 4x5x8 walk in closet that I was planning on putting a hydro grow cabinet in. It does not have to be stealth or anything like that.

I am a very light smoker that is not going to sell to anybody so I do not have to have a huge yield. I think this will be a very interesting hobby that is rewarding in obvious ways.

Now to my question. I am looking at grow boxes and found this on Ebay.

48" Tall Hydro System 4 Foot Stealth Grow Cabinet Incognito Speaker Box Huge | eBay

Does this look like system a newb could stumble their way along with?

Does anybody on these forums ever sell a old grow box that they have upgraded from?

Could anybody be contracted to build such an item and be able to beat this price and/or functionality?

Thanx for any input you guys might have. I am really looking forward to this journey.

:thanks:

Hi, welcome to the forum and good look with your first grow attempt, it is certainly a rewarding experience.

Building a setup is not actually a hard thing to do, it's just a little research, some know-how and problem solving skills, and some elbow grease (and some money)
If you're looking for a really great setup that you can customize to fit your needs then look for a series of 9 videos on YouTube called "Mr. Green how to build a basic indoor grow". This will show you how to build a really great hydroponic system that can be customized to fit your space and yield requirements and it's all things you can get on your local hardware store/home depot. Some things you might need to go online for but it's not much.

Anyway since you're a light smoker and you're not planning on selling anything to anybody then you can build a setup to grow only one plant at a time (15"x15"x40" is enough)

You might wanna start by looking into that video series, then if you like that system I can help you to get it going. But first make a decision on what technologies you wish to implement. You might want to be a soil grower or don't care about high tech systems.

Buying a box already made and ready to grow necessarily means a higher cost, basically because whoever built it has to make a profit on it and not just break even on the cost of the materials. If you're up to it then build your own, it's gonna be cheaper and you build it just the way you want, it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional.
Besides, you do not want some random guy to know where you live and grow your meds. Wether it's legal or not where you're from, you might want to think twice about telling anyone. I made the mistake of trusting a couple of friends but I learned that people, whoever they are, they like to brag and show who's got the biggest dick and will not keep quiet for long and you can get in trouble, and your stoner friends WILL want to score some from you. So my advice in this regard is do everything by yourself and do not tell anyone.

Sorry for the length :p

Good luck and happy growing!

Thanks Rodrigo!

I did see some of that video series you are talking about.

I just don't think i want to bother with building my own right now and you give great advice about keeping everything quiet to everybody.

Thanks again!

I think its totally do-able. It looks clean, convenient, and un-complicated. This is an area that I tried recently and had major problems with water temperatures. So if I am to give you any advice, its exactly that. There's a grower on this forum that goes by the name of WizHigh and he's come up with an ingenious ways to, affordably, keep those temperatures down. I failed t this and had to make some drastic decisions. But it sounds like you're pretty much to setting up for a beneficial hobby. I say go for it and the equipment in question looks pretty nice. There's dozens of variables that could contribute to the success or failure of your grow. Do you have any experience in indoor growing or have researched it thoroughly?

Back
Top Bottom