in Michigan when they say 21 days

papaduckie

I was wondering in the michigan law they say due to backlog on mmj cards you are legal 21 days after your paperwork is received are they talking 21 calander days or 21 working days? as in the law it just says 21 days. any help would be appreciated as I want to start my grow but dont want to start to early and get busted.
tyvm
papaduckie

I know in RI the Law reads after 35 days unprocessed they say to act "as if you had the Card" but try telling that to a cop. When any Application is submitted it now takes about 7 weeks to process. If you are concerned send them an e-mail, or call, they should assist you.

Found my answer and for anyone else in mich here it is.

If you didn't receive a denial letter within 20 days of you sending the application into the state of Michigan, you are legal, under current statute..

From the MDCH:

Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified by mail.

(cutting to the point in the verbiage, slight paraphrasing)

Complete apps, change forms and re-submissions for previous denials are them processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is NOT received, then the application is deemed VALID. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department.

RECIPROCITY: Yes. Authorizes visiting qualifying patient with registry identification card (or its equivalent) from a State that also allows the medical use of marijuana by visiting qualifying patients, to engage in the medical use of marijuana. Also authorizes a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marijuana. Mich. Comp. Law § 333.26424(j) (2008).

(other state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the U.S. must offer reciprocity to have reciprocity in Michigan)
:thumb:

Guess that would mean 21 calendar days ;)

I know in OR...if you have your packet - Copies of Application, copy of payment made current ID (drivers license ID card etc) etc...you are legal. Last year, this added nearly 6 months to the MMJ cards. But since they have decided to get greedy and increased the cost of cards by TWICE...and now want to charge $100 for replacement (lost cards) designated care giver cards, they have sped up their service and cards are issued in a very short period of time. The packet still works, but now they get double (in some cases triple) the funds in 2/3 the amount of time.

Here in WA, the cards are not filed with the state and there is no State registry, so they are issued by what ever doctor you see. Cost can vary from $50 to $200...and there are some pretty shady docs out there!

i recieved mine 21 days later but thats is based on business days bc they send u a approval letter that basically says ur information u need

If there is a question the court would look to the plain letter of the statute. 21 days is 21 calendar days unless defined differently within the statute.

Hello Pappaduckie

I too am from MI and that is a good question. I waited over 8 months to get my renewal card. The state of MI is clearly not organized with their medical MJ program. Good luck to you and I hope they pick up the pace with the cards because many patients are at risk of imprisonment without a physical card.

I too am in Mi, it just took 6 months for me to get my card in the mail after re-certifying. I wish they would buy another printing machine already, they have had a couple years now. I received a letter in the mail about 2 months ago stating that I was legal and as long as I had that paper with me then the packet of papers was not necessary. The paper also stated that the state was behind on printing and that is why I was sent the letter.

Back
Top Bottom