In your opinion

Sorry to hear about you breaking your top cola, I have been dreading having to change buckets as they start budding out especially my 2 bigger ones. As it is, I have to remover the lights from above one plant just to get enough clearance to get the roots to clear the bucket. Thats not good since she has not even started setting buds.
I would be asking Rifleman about when to flush, he is the 420 go to guy for DWC, me I figure when I am about 2 weeks from chopping they will get nothing but straight water, and let them eat up all of their energy they have stored in their leaves.
all in all your grow looks great, :bravo:

Thanks OG. Yours look amazing too. I've been watching.

It turns out that the cola fully recovered as if nothing ever happened, thank goodness. I discovered a much more elementary way of changing out the buckets. I felt like such a D.A. once I figured this out...I guessed that about 30 seconds or so without oxygen wouldn't hurt them at all, and then it came to me....the breakage could've been prevented simply by disconnecting the hose from the air pump and taking the plant out of the tent for it's bucket change. They are much easier to handle that way! Needless to say, I won't be breaking any more like that lol.

Also, thanks for the point in the right direction OG. I'll ask him in a moment.

420-magazine-mobile84513548.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1264689402.jpg

420-magazine-mobile584067418.jpg

420-magazine-mobile808898730.jpg

Sorry for the delayed update, but I'll let the pics speak for themselves. This skunky one has turned out really nice.
420-magazine-mobile167790504.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1099189193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile757755776.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1321865178.jpg

420-magazine-mobile823575703.jpg

The fruity one is getting there, but still stalling. It suffered from nitrogen toxicity because I used a bit more Cal-mag for what I thought was a calcium deficiency. Guess I should've read the label (NPK was 4-0-0!), but I've since switched to the GH brand, which is much safer to use (NPK 1-0-0 .).
420-magazine-mobile227299058.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1946554460.jpg

Until next time...

They're looking really nice man. Those buds are really filling out and they're so frosty. Good job
Thanks Lazarus, I was glad to have such results
one word... scrog
I wanted to scrog initially, but I decided not to only because I realized that my buckets would've been a pain in the ass to access to change my nute water. I'll know what to do next time now though

Hire a midget to fit under the screen? Lol jk. I love scrog. Yeilds are bigger and buds are all dank. No popcorn if done right. Uniform quality is always a plus... Especially if your ADD like me.

Hire a midget to fit under the screen? Lol jk. I love scrog. Yeilds are bigger and buds are all dank. No popcorn if done right. Uniform quality is always a plus... Especially if your ADD like me.
I am totally with you there. This was my first DWC grow, so the plan was to feel things out first. I've got feminized Bubba Kush seeds I ordered from from CKS and a Holy Grail Kush seed I acquired from a friend. I am already planning for the next grow. And yes, I am the poster boy for ADD, so I'm be absolutely sure I have all my bases covered next time.

Totally understandable. Basic is always better when trying something new. Then dial in. Have u tried critical kush? That's probably my next strain. That or northern lights

No but I've read great reviews on it. Northern lights is one of my favorites. I've grown that outdoors quite a few times, in fact. All excellent choices.

420-magazine-mobile872633898.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1012466220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1455770057.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1132625864.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1154810298.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2124506140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile798168156.jpg

So I know I'm behind on my post, but school has been a top priority lately...

This skunky babe is progressing well. Not sure what the spots on her leaves are from. I thought it could be a calcium deficiency, but I ended up causing nitrogen toxicity the last time I tried to correct that. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to affect her. She seems to be more focused on flowering now than anything.

looks bomb. get those lights as close as possible!!! tie down some branches if you have to. every inch matters lol. and the spots look like they might be magnese deficiency. how many weeks till finish?

looks bomb. get those lights as close as possible!!! tie down some branches if you have to. every inch matters lol. and the spots look like they might be magnese deficiency. how many weeks till finish?
Thanks Smoka. Yes I've been contemplating that. Especially after seeing these pitiful popcorn buds closer to the bottom of her base. I'm not really sure how much longer until she is ready for harvest because she came from a baggie. But I'd guess 4 more weeks at the most.

I have to say....this just goes to show that, with a bit more TLC, a baggie seed really can be just as awesome as one from a seed bank .

Check tricomes under magnification for due date. And yes of course weed is weed. 90% is grower skill 10% genetics. Good job! Also when u get that scrog goin and lollipop no more popcorn. Just a sea of bomb dank.

Check tricomes under magnification for due date. And yes of course weed is weed. 90% is grower skill 10% genetics. Good job! Also when u get that scrog goin and lollipop no more popcorn. Just a sea of bomb dank.
420-magazine-mobile1667016657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1843340982.jpg

420-magazine-mobile649485447.jpg

Absolutely Smoka, I'm getting a loupe tomorrow. I've been using my phone's camera fully zoomed in with a magnifying glass over the lens. As you can see, it does at least give me a little bit better of a view. But it's just not enough.

I'm already planning the next grow so that I don't run into this again lol. Definitely considering the scrog setup next time, and I plan to have the buckets set up with some way to drain them without having to move them.

420-magazine-mobile1667016657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1843340982.jpg

420-magazine-mobile649485447.jpg

Absolutely Smoka, I'm getting a loupe tomorrow. I've been using my phone's camera fully zoomed in with a magnifying glass over the lens. As you can see, it does at least give me a little bit better of a view. But it's just not enough.

I'm already planning the next grow so that I don't run into this again lol. Definitely considering the scrog setup next time, and I plan to have the buckets set up with some way to drain them without having to move them.
Check out medgrower1 on youtube.....he has a great video on making dwc buckets with a drain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use a scrog with dwc and i bought a kerosene pump for $5 online. It lets me empty my buckets and still keep the scrog in place. Makes me wonder why i didnt think of it for my last grow. lol

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Check out medgrower1 on youtube.....he has a great video on making dwc buckets with a drain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Hey JRoc, that was awesome.
I use a scrog with dwc and i bought a kerosene pump for $5 online. It lets me empty my buckets and still keep the scrog in place. Makes me wonder why i didnt think of it for my last grow. lol

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Excellent idea. I'll definitely check that out.

Thank you both for the input!

420-magazine-mobile704927439.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1867051757.jpg

420-magazine-mobile842623453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1850932043.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2078112170.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1842386161.jpg

Look at her now . She is all grown up! We are on week 12, and she's STILL not quite there. But she's getting close! Not really sure why she has been taking so long to mature, but it's okay. I'm waiting on 80% cloudy/20% amber before I decide to harvest.
And this unknown strain I've been growing is definitely from the Kush family. I took a small sample from the lower part of the plant and tried it. I recognized the flavor right away.

Back
Top Bottom