Ethel Day 17

Wilma Day 17

Betty Day 17

Lucy in front and Wilma in the back

Ethel in front and Betty in the back

Ciao for now!

And away we go!

Day 18 - July 22 2016

I absolutely love how they're meeting or exceeding my expectations. Ethel, Wilma and Betty all pushed their 4th set to the max. Fully developed with the 5th set peeking out. Lucy's 3rd set much larger overnight and her 4th set is developing. She remains a set behind the others but she's got time to catch up. Might have to top her a few days later than the others or just wait for Lucy to be ready and top them all at the same time. Checked on everyone's roots and loved what I saw. Ethel is still the leader of the pack with a great web in the nute water. Betty's are almost as large and Wilma's growing well too. Lucy's roots showed the most growth overnight. Yesterday she only had a few toes in the water and today she's got at least a dozen that are 6-8" long and fully developed with little tentacles. I'm now a huge believer in Great White and Hydroguard. They claim to increase root mass and they ain't kidding. As the saying goes, big roots yield big buds. I certainly hope so.

Happy Saturday everyone! Here's today's update:

Day 19 - July 23 2016

So much growth overnight. The big girls are all ready to be topped but will wait until Lucy is ready which should be by Monday. Lucy is really filling out. Great roots, leaves are getting as wide as the other girls and she's just about reached the top of the net pot. I had to raise the light by an inch or so to keep it 12-13" above the tops of the closest plants. This strain is so hearty. Not only are the leaves wide but they're thick too. And the main stems are getting nice and fat. Looking back at my last journal for Red Dragon, at this stage I was ready to top too but was also seeing signs of both light burn, nute burn and a cal/mag deficiency (which was due to my use of RO water which by definition has nothing in it). It's almost scary that in almost 3 weeks, the biggest issue was Lucy's slow pace. Don't want to jinx myself but this is a very easy grow. In retrospect though, I'm glad I've experienced a difficult grow prior to this one as its given me the knowledge to deal with problems if/when they arrive.

RH - 54%. Temp - 79/77. PPM - 475

Will post more pix on Monday and show before/after shots of the topped plants.

Sorry everyone but had a busy weekend. Here are the posts from my spreadsheet over the last few days:

Day 20 - July 24 2016

Pretty much left them alone today. Just checked to make sure all is well. More growth overnight and Lucy is definitely making up for lost time. She topped the net pot and then some. Noticed slight curling on the lowest leaves so will do a bucket swap tomorrow since it's been 2 weeks with their seedling water. Will use a slightly higher ratio on the nute water and start a 7 day rotation so that every Monday is bucket swap day.

RH - 57%. Temp - 77/75. PPM - 475

Day 21 - July 25 2016

Did my first 4 bucket swap using the HydroSCROG. Awesome results. Lifted it up high enough for the roots to clear the tops of the buckets and give them an air bath. Mixed up 4 new buckets of nute water (each bucket got 3 gal spring water, 1/3 tsp Great White, 24ml Hydroguard, 18ml Micro, Grow and Bloom, 12ml Cal/Mag). I also topped everyone except Lucy who I hope to top tomorrow. Removed the large fan leaves on Ethel. Will probably do some more light trimming tomorrow on the others. I hope that the stress of topping and the higher nute ratio don't have any adverse effects on them.

RH - 54%. Temp - 77/75. PPM - 700

Group shot after I topped them.

Day 22 - July 26 2016

None of the girls looks any worse for the wear. They all survived topping. I did some more trimming this morning of the big fat sucker fan leaves on the bottoms of Ethel, Wima and Betty. Lucy continues to grow, faster than before but hasn't quite caught up yet. All of her leaves have topped the net pot but her bottom fan leaves aren't as big as the others. I thought I'd top her today but I need her main stem to grow a bit more so that I lower the risk of damaging her when I make the cut. Better safe than sorry.

RH - 60%. Temp - 77/75. PPM - 675

Thanks for stopping by! Here's today's update. BTW...please feel free to ask any questions or give feedback.

Day 23 - July 27 2016

Mixed up a gallon of nute water (8ml Hydroguard, 6ml each of Micro, Grow and Bloom, 4ml Cal/Mag) and gave each of the girls a quart. Got the growth I needed from Lucy and topped her this morning. Checked the others for growth at their topped sites and was pleased to see the new colas taking shape.

RH - 55% Temp - 77/75 PPM - 681

See ya tomorrow!

Top of the morning to ya! Here's today's update:

Day 24 - July 28 2016

It looks like I didn't properly seat the reservoir into the humidifier last night so the RH dropped but it doesn't appear to have done any harm. All fixed now and it's already climbing. Lucy is really starting catch up now. Huge fan leaves like her sisters and getting taller. I rechecked the topped sites of the other girls and did a bit of a trim on each. I just want to make sure nothing will grow out of it and energy is redirected to the new cola sites. Only 11 more days of veg time so I hope the new shoots grow enough so that I can top them too giving me 4 main colas on each girl. Will flip to flower the night of the 35th day which is Aug. 8th.

RH - 44%. Temp - 79/75. PPM - 675

Will post new pictures tomorrow!

Happy growing!

Yes, I know I didn't get to post yesterday. So, before I even go downstairs for today's check in with the girls, let me post yesterday's journal entry.

Day 25 - July 29 2016

I can no longer call her "little" Lucy as she is exploding in size. This strain really likes topping! The secondary shoots on all of the girls have all grown significantly overnight and are looking for light. The top fan leaves are so large I need to remove them. They're literally the size of my hand. The pictures will show what I mean. By removing them, the rest of the plant with get more light and the light that reaches the net pots will be reflected back up.

Here are the pictures I took:

Lucy - Day 25
image15184.jpeg

Ethel - Day 25
image15185.jpeg

Wilma - Day 25
image15186.jpeg

Betty - Day 25
image15187.jpeg

Group shot - Day 25
image15188.jpeg

Monster fan leaf - Day 25
image15189.jpeg

Will post today's update this afternoon.

Back again. Here's today's update:

Day 26 - July 30 2016

Had to do some more trimming of fan leaves. Once I started trimming them off, energy was transferred to the smalller leaves which grew larger overnight. I was trying to delay trimming them until a few weeks into flowering but that's impossible with the Incredible Bulk strain. I gave Ethel the biggest trim and now I can see her taking shape. Lots of shoots have appeared at the joints and are now getting the light they need to fully develop. They'll also grow stronger by being blown by the fan now that the largest fan leaves aren't blocking them anymore. Same for the other girls. Shaping up nicely with symmetrical branches. Also, when I checked PPM today, I saw that Lucy's root mass is now just as large as the others. I'm so proud of her!

RH - 55%. Temp - 79/75. PPM - 700

Today's update:

Day 27 - July 31 2016

Everyone looks good so I've decided to not do anything to them today and give them a day of rest (it is Sunday, ya know?). There are definitely more leaves I can remove but will wait until tomorrow.

RH - 56%. Temp - 77/75. PPM - 690

Happy Monday! Here's today's update:

Day 28 - Aug 1 2016

Another good night of growth so I gave them all a haircut this morning. I really thought that Ethel would have reached the bottom of the HydroSCROG net but she too still has some growing to do. I hope that the trimming I did today continues to spur on more growth. On my prior grow (Red Dragon), I had already topped my girl for the second time by Day 27 so I was assuming a similar timeline given that IB is so much heartier than RD. NEVER ASSUME! Anyway, while the secondary shoots have all grown significantly, and are easily identifiable, I need a little more of their stems to show before I can safely top them again. I need to do everything possible to control the height of the girls but maximize their output. Topping a second time will give me 4 main colas per girl, 16 total. It'll also stunt their growth a bit and bush them outwards. Between the HydroSCROG, the additional nutes, the topping and the defoliating, I think I've got my bases covered. Also, I'm going to train the branches to grow in a circular pattern. I think that'll allow them to grow longer, with lots of flower sites to grow upwards thru the net and the colas straight up. I took some more pix today to document their progress. Not sure if they show it well but they're all very symmetrical in shape. One more week of veg time. I'll flip the lights to 12/12 schedule next Monday night a 9pm.

RH - 56%. Temp - 77/75. PPM - 680

Pix from this morning

Lucy and Wilma - Day 28 (Lucy in front, Wilma in back)
image15270.jpeg

Ethel and Betty - Day 28 (Ethel in front, Betty in back)
image15271.jpeg

Group shot - Lucy/Wilma are left and Ethel/Betty are right
image15272.jpeg

Day 29 - Aug 2 2016

Did the second topping on all but Wilma. She's bushing out but has slowed on her stretch. Never thought I'd see Lucy's progress surpass Wilma's but glad she's really rebounded from her slow start. Mixed up another gallon of nute water and added a quart to each. Will do a bucket swap tomorrow. Not much else to report today.

See ya tomorrow!

Hey all - Apologies for not updating in a few days. I've been experiencing the joys of homeownership (or rather the misery). Thank God the girls have been self sufficient! I haven't even had time to update my spreadsheet version of this journal. Anyway, here's what happened today:

Day 33 - Aug 6 2015

Since its been a few days since I've done anything to the girls including adding water, the first thing I did this morning was to mix up 4 buckets of nute water (3 gal of spring water each plus 1/3 tsp Great White, 24ml Hydroguard, 18ml each of Micro, Grow and Bloom, 12ml Cal/Mag) and did a bucket swap. I went a little longer than I'd have liked with with previous batch but just didn't have time to swap them earlier. Regardless, they seem no worse for the wear. Everyone has really grown bushy again so I gave them all a haircut too. Removed everyone's sucker fan leaves. Ethel has reached the bottom of the HydroSCROG net and Betty is just about there. Lucy and Wilma might not get there by Monday but I'm sure that as soon as I flip the switch on the lights, they'll catch up in no time.

Ethel the beast - Day 33
image15474.jpeg

Group shot - Day 33
image15475.jpeg

Ciao for now.

Starting to get exciting now! Here's today's update:

Day 34 - Aug 7 2016

Gave the girls another haircut today. The more big suckers I cut the more the smaller ones grow. Today's trim exposed a lot of new pre-flower sites that now are getting more light. It's also exposed the lower portion of each lady. By defoliating the bottom, the symmetry of the branch growth is easy to see and thus easier to manipulate when they all start growing into the HydroSCROG net. It's easy to get carried away when defoliating but whenever I think I've removed too much, they've always proved me wrong and bounced back bigger and stronger than before. They've got a full day and a half of light left before flowering time begins. Tomorrow is Day 35 and tomorrow night we go 12/12. Can't wait to see them change before my eyes and grow into mature ladies!

RH - 41%. Temp - 79/75. PPM - 675

Ciao for now.

Morning folks, thanks for dropping by! Here's today's update:

Day 35 - Aug 8 2016

Great recovery overnight! These girls just love to be trimmed. I did some light stressing of the branches by exerting a little pressure on each of the mains. The tertiary shoots (the 4 colas created on each when I topped for the second time) are all growing nicely. Again, I used my hands to flex the shoots a bit so that they're all separated and collecting light. Will add 24ml of AN Big Bud to each of the buckets starting next week. Will make it part of the regular nute water going forward.

Tonight's the big night. They've only got about 10 hours left before the lights go out tonight. By this time next week, I hope to be really busy bending and weaving the branches into the HydroSCROG as they go thru their next growth spurt.

RH - 41%. Temp - 79/75. PPM - 680

Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat time, same Bat channel!

Did I just date myself??

Loving the set up. Scrogs can be difficult to manage in dwc and it looks like you have a great solution to the problem. The girls look lovely.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom