1st Time Back New Grow Environment

Jfault20

It's been sometime since I've started a grow journal but I figure this is as good a time as any to get back into it. I'm also doing this to keep up with the flowering process I go through times where I am not really sure where I am in flower which I think is hurting me on getting more mature buds.

What strain is it? Incredible Bulk Auto from Dr Kripplings , Blueberry cheesecake free seed, and Chiesel from Buddha
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? IB is in Veg, BC is a seedling, and Chiesel seed germinating.
If in Veg... For how long? IB 4 weeks, BC 3 days , Chiesel 3 days germination
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro?Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Happy Frog
If soil... What size pot? Both 5 Gal smart pots
Size of light? 600 LED
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 77
RH of Room/cab? 48
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue Planet Nutrients, Big Bud, and Overdrive, Cal Mag
IB_.jpg

BC49.jpg

3rd Update
My auto incredible bulk just keeps getting bigger i hope this one is an autoflower. Shes getting too big for the veg spot and i dont have any room im my flowering tent. I started a chiesel but did poorly on the LST should have put her in flower earlier.so it will be hard to make room as this plant is taking up alot of space in my tent. Side note Chiesel was a strain i hunted for, it instantly became my favorite. I havent had it from this breeder but hopefully it could invoke the same feeling. My blueberry cheesecake has finally made a week. . . She gets a very light feeding of blue planet nutrients. Im really starting to dial back on nutrients I think this is where I do too much on.
Heres some pics of IB
420-magazine-mobile2029855023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile916927328.jpg

BC Week 1
420-magazine-mobile1822031957.jpg

Also added to the bunch were two new bag seeds from a supposedly cheescake plant but lets see if we even get females
One has been planted in a cup
420-magazine-mobile214312189.jpg

Update #4
Since its been about 5 weeks with the Incredible Bulk Auto without showing any preflowers I have decided to put it in the flowering tent. First day of flowering started on the July 6th. Blueberry cheesecake is just going along pretty well at the moment on day 10 and is up to the third node one more and she will get topped. Of the bag seeds only one has made it the other dried out and died once moved to the cup and under the light. Of the chiesel clones only one will look like its gong to make it which is really all I need. Eventually I would like to have both the blueberry cheesecake and chiesel running in flower at the same time. I'll take clones off both of them once they get bigger.
Here's some pics
IB
20170709_083513.jpg

20170709_083409.jpg
20170709_083443.jpg

BC Day 10
BC_Day_10_.jpg

Bag Seed Cheesecake
20170709_083149.jpg

Update #5

Been kind of lagging to do an update but now that I have everything together here's whats been happening in my grow room........... Just some Blue Lights
Blue_Lights_BC_after_topping_.jpg

I topped my BC last Tuesday
Before the topping :laughtwo:
BC_Before_topping.jpg

After the topping :tokin:
BC_before_the_defoil_.jpg

But then I decide I would really like to start to tie her down a little light LST, but the big leaves hindered my progress. So off with the leaves. I am a big fan of cutting off leaves that are in the way especially at this early in the game with a photo. She also has alot of other branches underneath that will need that light penetration to get down there. :roorrip:
BC_after_Defoil_Day_19.jpg

The Incredible Bulk Auto finally looks like it may be approaching flower as she is stretching alot well she has been for the last three weeks if I go by the pictures. Some of her branches look a little weak so I was wondering if maybe supercropping would help strengthen some of the branches. I have never supercropped before let alone tried on an auto but I do like to experiment. So I do as we all do and read until you get tired of reading and just proceed. I did only a couple of very small ones that were close to the bottom. After 3 or 4 days with barely any light penetration getting down there they have turned up. I'll give them a week before I think about doing some of the other weaker yet taller ones.
SP Exp 1
Super_crop_experiment_1.jpg

SP Exp 2
SP_experiment_2.jpg

Incredible Bulk Auto Day 10 in Flower Tent
IB_before_Defoil_.jpg

I decided to open her insides up some more so the supercropped branches can have more access to light so I began to cut off fan leaves to open this space up.:thedoubletake:
IB_Day_10_in_flowering_tent.jpg

Would be better if my feet wasn't in it
IB_after_Defoil_.jpg

And Finally Cheese the Bag seed is on day 13 just riding along, keeping fingers crossed for a lady. :high-five:
Cheese_Bag_Seed_Day_13.jpg

Still working on those clones. I'm not having much luck with the Chiesel strain. The first I should blame on myself got a little over excited and made noobie mistakes. Should have treated her like every other plant and went small with her took clones and moved to bigger. The second seed didn't pop. Third having problems getting the clones to root. Hopefully something will come out of it. :Namaste:

Update 6 :welcome:

I would like to start this update off with a little extra sauce here's my Chiesel that I have been problems with she's about 27 days after the flip and her leaves keep slowly yellowing and then eventually dying off here and there. She has alot of leaves but hopefully she can make it through flower. I blame it on the pot that I purchased that was used and I didn't properly wash. I have flushed and will try another one. The first one I think slowed down the leaf decay. Got excited to be growing a strain that i have been looking for....... Any ways here's some up close shots :drool:
2nd_Chiesel_pic_.jpg

Chiesel_flowering_.jpg

Next on the list is the Incredible Bulk Auto. I hope she isn't an auto now as I have taken some off to make clones but she's really stretching so finding a way to keep up the buds when she starts full bloom will be a priority and she's starting to preflower..:ganjamon:
Incredible_Bulk_auto_15_days_start_of_preflower.jpg
Incredible_Bulk_Auto_15_days_flowering_tent.jpg

Down to the Blueberry Cheesecake I am starting to like this plant especially with the way it bushes up and the leaves on this plant get big fast. She takes everything I'm throwing at her and getting bigger. She has alot of branching that will so far have about six main budsites.
Blueberry_Cheesecake_day_25_.jpg

BC_day_25_inside_look_.jpg

My plan is to open up her middle so those nodes can start there own branches to make more tops. So she gets a hair cut and while doing this I notice some of her leaves look a little beat up can curling a slight bit so I'll move her away from the light a bit as well.
After the cut
Blueberry_Cheesecake_after_pruning_.jpg

And finally we have the bag seed Cheese still growing in its little cup. She has been topped a couple of days ago and shes already started her new branching as well as alot of under growth.
Cheese_Bagseed_day_20_.jpg

Does anyone else think that plants grow a bit slower in cups? Maybe it's because of the small space.
Sidenote I have recently (8 days ago) threw some clones in some of the tap water with some of my rooter supplement and it looks like roots maybe growing but not just on my chiesels there some on the Incredible bulk auto maybe as well. I keep calling her maybe because I had her for over a month and no flowers. I put her in the flowering tent for 10 days boom start of preflowers coincedence ehhh maybe maybe not. I would love to regrow Incredible bulk again it's a very easy plant to grow and a good body stone so hopefully she isn't. Question I can not seem to find a good answer on is when does flowering actually start. I mean the timing for it to count down days. Would it start when I flipped the lights to 12/12 or would it start from when I first notice preflowers????

Looking good in here. I'd say plants do grow slower in cups, small root space. As for the timing of flowering, the old question on which nobody can agree. I'm, if you count it from when she really takes off, you get much close to the breaders estimate on finish times.

I was wondering about the flowering time as to how do I feed the plants according to my feed chart. If I go by my feedchart my it's the third week of flowering nutes transitioning to my 4th. Also I have the nutrient Overdrive that says you are supposed to use it during the last two weeks of flowering. This could be hard to pin down. I watch the trichs to see when they are done but I still have a hard time keeping the dates as far as feeding.

Yeah it can be tricky, I start low with the flower feed building up as they get bigger. It's easier to follow charts if you know the strain your running, finish times etc.
Ahhhh goes back to knowing the strain which is funny because I ran Afghan Cow maybe 2 times got clones off of one seed, I didn't get her right until the last time and even then it could've been better. So running the same strain multiple times has way more benefits than running a bunch of different new strains. A couple of weeks ago I put some clones in some water and slowly but steadily that have started to make roots. So hopefully I'll be able to keep Chiesel going for awhile. I also threw in one of the Incredible bulk and it has roots as well. Still hoping this one isn't an auto.

Update #7

Everything seems to be fine and I'm starting to feel like a proud papa with my Chiesel gaining weight. She doesn't really smell until you touch her. Like if you graze her and the smell is beautiful. Like a floral mixed with diesel. I wanted to try a piece of her early to see where she is and the high I was looking for. While she did provide a good high I'm looking for a mixture of body and head with a dash of happy. Here's some pics of her:circle-of-love:
Chiesel_day_42_flower.jpg
Chiesel_flowering_day_42_.jpg

The Incredible bulk has finally started to put on a little weight it'll be fun watching her fill out. She hasn't given me any problems and I took a couple of clones from her that have already rooted. Still not sure if she's an auto yet but lets see what her clones do. :thumb:
IB_Flowering_.jpg
IB_day_30_in_tent.jpg

The Blueberry Cheesecake is on day 35. I know she should be put in flower but she hasn't created any real side branching I'll keep her veg a bit longer as i really don't have any room in the tent for another baby. Also I want to take clones off her. Shes been pretty easy and only needs feeding once every 4 or 5 days. She looks like she wants to go into flower already I don't know if these are trichomes but they look pretty good. :morenutes:
BC_upclose_shots_day_40.jpg

Blueberry_Cheesecake_day_35.jpg

Last but not least is Cheese the bag seed. I had to transplant her into another pot to make her get bigger the cup was definitely slowing her down. My gf spilled a very thin layer of protein powder on her the other day hopefully it does nothing been trying to clean her up as well as train her.
Cheese_day_30.jpg

What I have noticed lately is that I was not feeding my plants enough not as in nute strength but as in the amount of actual fluid fed to the plants.They needed to be fed every 3 days usually by the third day they are dropping. I was trying to stop this because I read that flowering plants do not like to be done dry. This has been pushed to almost five days I want to start supercropping the cheese as well but I still don't know if its a girl or not I think I have seen pistols but ehhh. If none of the clones take I will probably start a new strain. Been itching to start growing Bubbas Gift

Update #8
Freshly running from Strep throat.:allgood: Glad that shit is over with it was the worst like ughhh hate getting sick. Couldn't smoke because my throat hurt which gave me a tolerance break. :rolleyes3:rolleyes3
First lets give a last shout out to Frannie the Chiesel :Namaste: I didn't get to take her to her end just wasn't a healthy enough plant. Decided to cut her down early as most of her leaves were starting to fry and bend again at the ends. I was basically taking off beat up leaves every day for that week but had to make room any how. Did a final flush and prepared the Blueberry Cheesecake for it's time to be in the tent. In my Veg area I have an LED that has the bloom lights on it so I put her into 12/12 and everyday I would move her from the tent from when it was dark back to my veg area for her 12 of bloom lighting.
Here's Blueberry Cheesecake
BC_8_days_into_flowering_.jpg

She doesn't have alot of side branching which makes it look like she won't produce that much but she has alot of tight nodes underneath each top. But her branches are also really thick too
BC_tight_nodes.jpg

Next is Incredible bulk has been under 12/12 lighting for 42 days I really like how her build is she's still being LST'd
IB_s_Build_.jpg
:high-five:
Some shots of her buds
IB_42_days_after_flip_.jpg
IB_42_days_of_12:12.jpg

Since I always need something growing some of the clones have taken root Meet the Clones
IB clone 1
IB_clone_2_.jpg

IB clone 2
BC_clone_2.jpg

And finally the smallest but the most interesting of the bunch is taken late in flower from the Chiesel that was giving me issues :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Chiesel clone
Chiesel_flowering_clone_.jpg

Each of the clones that were made were water clones
This time around I'll be more careful with the Chiesel she got of control on me last time and had a horrible build that took up alot of space in my grow room. So I don't know why I would think that monstercropping her would be an awesome idea lol. I guess I'll just stay on top of her Also she's finicky with nutrients and likes to stretch not just during flower. I'm working on water clones for the Blueberry Cheesecake I may grab a couple of more as she goes along just to make sure I have another shot at growing her. I think her medium is too thick this time around but she's growing up nicely. It just takes longer for her to recover once she's dry like almost a whole day before she's praying. If anyone has anyway to remedy that let me know. The Incredible Bulk has been easy so far some of her leaves have been yellowing a bit but I put that up to flowering upped her nutes a little. The only thing that I feel like I could've done better with her is not let her stretch so much. I think her branches are too thin to produce the flowers that I have seen them produce before but we will see how she progresses. My next move will be to move will be to move the clones into bigger pots. Until next update.......:roorrip::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom