1st Grow In Soil

Hey man, I thought I'd post up this info about making a DIY fermentation CO2 dispenser.
Even though we've been talking about it in private messages.
I wanted other people to have a chance to read this and maybe learn something too..

IMHO a bigger one like my carboy version would be perfect for your little spaces..

here's a recipe that was posted in my first journal with a few pictures I took..

But I find just attaching the hose to the back of a oscolating fan works best.
Make sure its either at plant level blowing upwards.
Or have it attached to a fan blowing between canopy and light, but you have to have another fan at floor level blowing upwards towards plants. They uptake the CO2 from the underside of the leaves hence the upward blowing fan..
In a bigger carboy like the one in my photo should enrich your little space to about 700-800 PPM.
You WILL see a big difference using one of these things Fluff, and I totally suggest you try it..
Plants will look super dark green and healthy, and they grow so fast. with 2 of these little bubblers in my small space I was seeing my plants grow 2-3 inches a day in veg.
hope this helps!:)

cfl_123_co2_1.jpg

cfl_123_co2_2.jpg

Just please tell me that you're not going to run the bottle in the room you're sleeping in?
Let's not get dead please..

It'll give a smaller space about 800 PPM for about a week in which time you'll have to mix another batch..
safe, cheap, and effective..

Definitely not! And will be using the bottles only when my tent is set up as the exhaust fan will be blown out side the window. I also will have a good ventilation system. I think it will be efficient enough. Carbon filter - 6" duct - reflectors - duct - fan - outside.

Will be cloning and topping tonight as well. Going to clone each plant except the headband. Am going to do one of each hoping to have a lot of success. My question is, would I need to clone them as I am using femm seeds and force into flower? Shouldn't need to correct? Only with regular seeds to determine sex correct?

Good choice on holding off with the cloning..
This far in, it's definitely too early to be cloning. I mean just one clone would take half the plant.
If they're feminized seeds, then technically you don't need to sex them (but some do anyway)
If you are confident from where you got your seeds from that it's all good?, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you could handle topping though.
Think about it like this, if you practice topping, that's only going to make for bigger bushier plants. Making for more sites to clone from.
And if you convert over to using the GLR lighting schedule, your plants should show you sex without having to flip the lights to 12/12.
When confirmation has been made that you have all females!? then boom! cloning practice could start right after.
You could clone all your plants right down leaving one as a mother to chill in your veg closet..

oooooooh, yeah..
Looking really healthy brother.
Glad you got the courage up to cut your girls.
I know it's hard at first, but once you see how growth comes back as a result?
You'll want to top everything.
Don't worry about the damaged leaf, there will be hundreds more soon enough.
:goodjob:

Move it out to the edge of the light footprint for a few days..
It will cause it to stretch a bit more towards the light, making it easier to top.

just wondering, how far away is your light from the plants now?
It just looks a bit like it's heat stressed. Might be too close to the light.
Could also explain why it's so bushy, with tight internodes.

Move it out to the edge of the light footprint for a few days..
It will cause it to stretch a bit more towards the light, making it easier to top.

just wondering, how far away is your light from the plants now?
It just looks a bit like it's heat stressed. Might be too close to the light.
Could also explain why it's so bushy, with tight internodes.

They're about 2 feet away. I just put them a lot further. I mist sprayed them with water for the past two days and noticed a bit of stress so I stopped. Now they're on the ground about 3 feet away. Lights are still at 50%

Ok, 3 feet should be good and allow them to stretch a bit more..
Just a suggestion when you're misting them. Do it about a half hour before lights come on.
When spraying them when lights are on, the water droplets can focus light too much and burn them (especially this young).
spraying before lights on mimics morning dew, the 30 mins gives them enough time to partially dry before the sun comes up.

Back
Top Bottom