1st Time Soil/Closet Grow

cptbubblehash

Hello everyone welcome to my 1st grow. Here is the info as far as my grow room/plants if i'm leaving anything out just ask. i have already ran into some problems just transplanted into 3gl pots the biggest one main stem started turning white, then when i was transplanting them i noticed it was starting to become root bound same with the other two but they look like they are recovering well..

What strain is it? 3 bagseeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unknown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? seedling/veg
If in Veg... For how long? n/a
If in Flower stage... For how long? n/a
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? soil less mix
If soil... What size pot? 3gl
Size of light? 4ft 4bulb 216 watt T5
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? 80
RH of Room/cab? 45-50
PH of media or res? 6.2
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering?every 3-4days
Type and strength of ferts used? 1/2 Botanicare pro grow
*WILL BE POSTING PICS UP SOON I KNOW I HAVE ALOT TO LEARN SO IM VERY OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS* :thanks:

the one on the right is the one that had the root bound it has gotten bigger over the last few days they are staying bushy with lots of pistils and baby leafs in between ,they are droop i need to feed them
100_15613.JPG
here is the 3rd one its the smallest of the 3 but still look healthy im still not sure if they are indica or sativa
100_15641.JPG

thank you for stopping in glad to have you guys... now i do have a question im not sure if they look more like sativa or more like indica. Also they are 3weeks old so still in the grey of when veg starts i have heard when it shows its first big leaf and i have heard about 4-5weeks but they look more like a week into veg but i could be wrong any suggestions?

thank you for stopping in glad to have you guys... now i do have a question im not sure if they look more like sativa or more like indica. Also they are 3weeks old so still in the grey of when veg starts i have heard when it shows its first big leaf and i have heard about 4-5weeks but they look more like a week into veg but i could be wrong any suggestions?

The "official" start of veg is very vague. When rapid growth begins that is when veg begins. That is preety subjective so for my purposes I start counting veg days at the start of the 3rd node. But number of days in veg isn't of that much importance. A MJ plant is "mature" when you have "alternating nodes". At the first sign of this growth pattern on any branch, the plant is considered to be "mature" and ready to go into flower, take clones. As to the strain I wouldn't hazard a guess other than they are most likely a mix.

psyclops thank you for the info very helpful. so my baby's are not doing much right now i have them on a 18/6 and plan on watering them tomorrow it will be their first watering since i transplanted them, just giving them straight ph 6.0 water our water here when i tested it before ph down was a 8,also tomorrow i plan on getting more stuff for my room. A better fan for outtake and some panda plastic for the door and floor, i was thinking easy clean up as my closet has carpet then using some of the panda and velcro it around the door frame and make a zipper door, so busy day tomorrow will be taking pictures of everything before and after. :passitleft:

psyclops thank you for the info very helpful. so my baby's are not doing much right now i have them on a 18/6 and plan on watering them tomorrow it will be their first watering since i transplanted them, just giving them straight ph 6.0 water our water here when i tested it before ph down was a 8,also tomorrow i plan on getting more stuff for my room. A better fan for outtake and some panda plastic for the door and floor, i was thinking easy clean up as my closet has carpet then using some of the panda and velcro it around the door frame and make a zipper door, so busy day tomorrow will be taking pictures of everything before and after. :passitleft:

Look forward to the pics. I have carpeting on the floor as well. I used empty bags from my soil and used them to put a layer of plastic on the floor. Kinda expensive to use poly panda on the floor. The door idea sounds great.

ok here is a quick update lights just came on so my girls (hope their girls) just woke up still a lil droopy but still not sure if i should water them they are on day 3 of no watering plus they have been in stress and i have seen with these it takes about 5-6 days after transplant maybe due to stress, the buckets seem still kinda heavy might wait a while after i finish improving my room . the first two pics are of the first girl the one that was starting to become root bound. the 3rd pic is of girl number 2 now she might have a little problem the bottom leave is turning yellowish and the 4th pic is of girl number 3, the first one is about 6" tall and girl number 2&3 are both about 4". i just checked and my room temp is at 80 and humidity is at 55% the highest is has been and the soil ph is 7.0. i still yet to have any pest problems. if anyone see's any problems im not just let me know :thanks: girl number 1
100_1574.JPG
this is the top of girl number 1
100_15751.JPG
girl number 2
100_1576.JPG
girl number 3
100_15771.JPG

Well as was just checking up on my baby's and was noticing that the tips of the leaves are starting to get claws but instead of going down they are pointing up and on the top in the middle its a bright yellow so not sure what it is.. i have read since im using a soilless mix that it could be a Mg deficiency or a S deficiency does that sound about right ??

Sounds about the right tie for a cal/mag deficiency. MJ are calcium and mag. pigs!!! The bottom leaf that you noted on your update is perfectly normal. Bottom leaves will do that as the plant grows. In the bottom pic do you see how the top leaves have a rippled look to them? This says to me 1 or a combination of 3 things
1. Wind damage (turn down your fan or re-direct it so it is not directly hitting the plants.)
2. Low humidity (Plance a damp towel over the fan, this will also help with no. 1.)
3. High heat. Have a fan blow from beneath the canopy up into the light, blowing heat from lights up and away)

This is nothing major so do not stress just an observation.

Leaves turning up is a sign of a Mg deficiency, but it is usually accompanied by yellow spots on the leaves.

Do I understand that you have not fertilized them yet? They are young plants, barely past being seedings and should be fertilized right away. The leaves may be starting to turn yellow because of a nitrogen deficiency. It's hard to imagine a baby plant have a Mg deficiency so early. This usually occurs when plants get a lot older and have either been underfertilized or the nutrient mix is so far off that salt buildup by other metals (usually potassium) is blocking the uptake of Mg.

I would also water more often. Stick your finger in the soil. It should feel moist. If not, water them. Don't wait for them to start to droop. Also, put your tap water in a bucket or bottle for at least 24 hours before you use it. This will help eliminate the excess chlorine found in tap water. I keep 4 1/2 gallon jugs filled with water that I rotate.

You can also switch to 24/0 for a while until your girls get bigger. A lot of people actually use 24/0 for the entire veg cycle (not me) so you don't have to worry about the plants freaking out. The reason why most growers use 18/6 for veg is that it uses less energy than 24/0 (well, duh!) and going to 24/0 doesn't seem to make the plants grow that much faster. However, when they're small or seem a bit unhealthy 24/0 is great.

By the way, those are fluorescent bulbs, right? If so, you can move them to within a couple of inches of your plants. Far enough away so the heat isn't too great (put your hand in front of the bulbs and see how it feels). The critters are biochemical factories - more light, more product - up to a point, of course.

Otherwise, sweet looking plants.

Thank you psyclops and ggrant for the info . psyclops i think your right about the fan it is one that i need to fix lol even on setting 1 it blows kinda hard i will use you advice and see if it helps.. and to ggrant ,so i have fed them only 1 dosage of pro grow, but they might be asking for some nutes but with the root bound and transplant was just going to play it safe and do one more plain ph watering but i might just go ahead and give them a nutes feeding. as far has the checking to see how dry they are or not i got this multi soil meter but i still i can still stick my finger about 1/2in and still feel a little dampness. and sorry i have not uploaded any before and after pictures my back has stopped me from doing much today but i will hopefully get done tonight or tomorrow :Namaste:

Your watering sounds right on to me. If your finger feels moisture then they are good. I have one question for you to think about whe it comes to watering your plants.

Which is the Stronger and better able to bounce back from adversity; The man that works for his food? Or the man that is feed with a silver spoon?

I submit it is the man that has to work for his food and your roots are not really any different. You want them to have to search out water, not so much that there leaves droop but almost. This will make them dig in deep and strong. After all what happens below the ground also happens above the ground.

I wouldn't really be in any rush to feed them either. Signs of underfeeding: lighter color of green on new growth; Leaves pointing up towards the light, almost like they are saying a prayer. Yours are not doing either of these, so IMO they are not underfed or in danger of being so.

Hello i have busy all day shopping for stuff for the grow room, i think i forgot to mention the dimensions of the room. its a 4'W X 7'L X 8'H. the plants are tucked back in the corner and will stay that way until flowering time then will be moved into the middle of the room at that time the room will become 4x4x8 only because of the one built in shelve. anyways as you will see in my before and after pictures of the grow room i have a slight problem i was going to put a twin window fan and put it on the door i made, as far as outtake go's found one that will work perfect but im concerned about how to light proof it, i just have a pieces of panda plastic over the spot i want the fan. so like i promised here are the before and after pictures if you have any ideas on how i could fix my intake and outtake problem im open to any and all suggestions one thing to keep in mind i cant damage any walls:thanks:

here are the before pictures of inside didnt take a before of the door forgot to :oops: but all i did was take the door off .
2011-12-17_14_12_15.jpg
as you can see psyclops i used your idea with the fan, it brought the humidity up to 60% and took some stress of those girls
100_1580.JPG
here is the pictures of the door and my issue with the intake and outtake fans
100_15813.JPG
100_1582.JPG
now this shows the problem i could finish putting up the tarp zipper all the way up the door but i thought i would stop like i did so i could put a twin widow fan in there, i have a board to support it but not sure if it will be ok as far as light is concerned. but i know i need to figure out something as good airflow is a must
100_1593.JPG

Back
Top Bottom