Northgrowz First Time Grower

NorthGrowz

What strain is it? Blue cheese by rickyseeds

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sativa.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds just placed in soil

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Schultz premium organic mix with Schultz extended feeding mix

If soil... What size pot? Cup, then transplant to 6 gal

Size of lights?
-Seedling: 100w per plant
-Vegetative and flowering: 200w per plant

Is it aircooled? Nothing as of yet.

Temp of Room/cab? around 78

RH of Room/cab? 51%

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to be watering every 2-3 days

Diy closet
image12464.jpg

Day 1
image12465.jpg
image12463.jpg

cool man....... good luck with your grow i am a first time grower also so i wont be good for much advice but im more than sure you will receive plenty of wise advice from here just read read and read some more bro , but i can say as i made my first cabinet and i am in the process of my first grow as well as that you might want to think ahead for a means of making your lights adjustable as you want to keep your cfl close to your plants while they grow. Also what k are the bulbs that your using and are they 100 actual watt bulbs or 100 watt equivalent ?

Looking good! Keep in mind the wattage on those cords you are using and splitters. What you have now should be fine but when you start really plugging in the lights watch those cheap 16 gauge brown cords... They cant hold much! Safety first!
:thumb:

Thanks HunterNitro, Appreciate it, actually that totally slipped my mind.

good luck with your grow, and ull get lots of advice to any questions you have :)

Thanks onthemove! I'm looking for all the help I can get, I'm looking to grow for my mom, she has severe back pain and mild seizures and she just can't afford the meds anymore. So I'm trying this out. Quite new to it all. No clue really what I'm doing.

Yeah I'm going to! Gotta try to get this down pat first!

I think you are going to end up needing more light for the size of that space and the amount of plants you have. 100w equiv is really not a lot. What you should be looking at is lumens over sq/feet(or meters). * little fluros might work in that space, but not without a full reflector. blocking all the vertical space.

I think you are going to end up needing more light for the size of that space and the amount of plants you have. 100w equiv is really not a lot. What you should be looking at is lumens over sq/feet(or meters). * little fluros might work in that space, but not without a full reflector. blocking all the vertical space.

i thought that was just for the seedlings and plantlets? oh yeh you will need more light for sure, i dont know where you are in the world but cant you grow outdoors if you dont have a bigger light ( 400w min) ? even on a balcony works !

image12520.jpg

Changed the setup a bit, yeah im aware i need stronger lights, i just wanted to germinate them before i went i bought new ones, Day 3 still no germination

Looks good! You dont need "stronger" lights.... you just need more of them! Remember more lower watt lights are better than one big watt light! I use just a cheap power strip with plug in light socket and a Y so i can get 2 bulbs out of one socket! Works very well. Good luck!

its quite a bad time to be germinateing seeds, the best time is in the run up to full moon, did you place the seeds in a cup of water until they cracked open and a lil root tail appeared?
if not, then you must keep the soil moist - best to use a sprayer so it dosnt effect the soil and move the seed deeper - for example if you pour water instead of spraying :)

also i actually never bury my seeds, i leave them on top of the soil, and cover with like 3mm max of fluffy soil, most people even with vegetable seeds, plant them way to deep, and it takes ages to pop up, if atall!

Germ can take up to a week or more. Be patient, it will come.

"Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now" No best time to sow seeds. Old wives tale and almenacal hooey. Maybe if your outdoors in a perfect climate moon cycle might affect growth ever so slightly, but in your closet, you are in control.

Germ can take up to a week or more. Be patient, it will come.

"Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now" No best time to sow seeds. Old wives tale and almenacal hooey. Maybe if your outdoors in a perfect climate moon cycle might affect growth ever so slightly, but in your closet, you are in control.

im afraid your not correct! next time you germinate seeds, start one set just before full moon.. and then start anotther set on new moon.. yeh on new moon it would take 10 days lol.. and on a new moon 35hours max! MARIA THUN is the "old wife" with the tale RIP :)

So what your saying is to plant one on the day before the full moon. (Aug 9th). And another on the new moon. Aug 25th. ?
And your saying that the one planted on the 25th will pop right away??? I will try this, but only because I believe in trying all styles and techniques. But I usually discredit anything that doesn't yield the same result every single time.

Hey NG How are them seeds coming along?

Back
Top Bottom