Ebb 'N' Grow Try

Saylorr057

I have decided to try a bigger grow. With looking around I decided the big boy ebb n flow. I am excited to try something new.

What strain is it? Cbd skunk haze, cream caramel, New York City, auto purple, blueberry, northern auto

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mix of all and one cbd 1:1 ratio
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Starting seeds tonight
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot? 3.5 gallon
Size of light? T5 for veg maybe led to and 400hps for flower
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? Advance nutrients sensi grow a b
image36180.jpg
image36179.jpg

I'm subb'd. Your setup is similar to mine. I've done two grows with great success and on my third. I have a Greentree E&F System which I modified to top feed. And I saved money by using a heavy duty 30 gal trash can as the main res.

Just make sure you clean everything real good between grows.
P1014903.JPG

P1014902.JPG

P1014901.JPG

P1014900.JPG

P1014899.JPG

I'll follow along, just a thought are you planning on growing several strains from the same res? You might have feeding issues if you do as different strains react to nutrients differently so with one res you may have issues balancing that. This is why I just grow one strain at a time. Nice setup!

Thank you yea I have Alotta different strains I guess we shall see 3 of the are autos I am nervous about ebb n flow but figured it's worth a shot and I have another reservoir it's one of those big blue ones I'm using it as waste water for my ro system

Thank you yea I have Alotta different strains I guess we shall see 3 of the are autos I am nervous about ebb n flow but figured it's worth a shot and I have another reservoir it's one of those big blue ones I'm using it as waste water for my ro system

I'm not that familiar with strains, if your growing all Indica or all Sativa you will probably be ok. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in with a definitive answer. Maybe you are going to be the guinea pig! ;)

Btw I love your setup
Thanks it works well, and now with the top feed, I'm hoping for even better results. It is very easy to convert to top feed. Instead of your fill pump filling the control res, it fills each pot. Everything else stays the same, its so simple I'm not sure why more don't do it. It helps keep the salts down around the roots. Also when you are changing your res and adding nutrients, make sure you stir your res between each nutrient as you add them. Good luck, when are you getting started

Thank you I have a mixture of strains guess I'll be a gunea pig. So should inhale a air stone in my red I have a big commercial pump from my past dwc. And do I need to fill the Rez it's 52gallons it only has 6 pots it's expandable to 18

Thank you I have a mixture of strains guess I'll be a gunea pig. So should inhale a air stone in my red I have a big commercial pump from my past dwc. And do I need to fill the Rez it's 52gallons it only has 6 pots it's expandable to 18

52 Gallons for 6 pots is quite a lot. I only use 20 gals for my 6 pots. Not sure of the size of your growing pots, but you need only as much nutrient to fill them plus a reserve of maybe 5 - 8 gallons. Your plants will take up 5 - 10 gallons a week when they get big. The bigger reserve you run the more nutrients you will use and the more expensive it be. If you had all 18 grow pots then you would need the whole res. I would do a dry run with just water before you add the nutrients to check your fill levels and set your res level.

There only 3.5 i put 25 gallons in it from my ro system it takes 24 hours to fill it completely but there is no point I'd waste a lot of nutes

Do you have bad tap water there. I don't use RO, I have a GE dual filter (Fancy Brita basically). It comes out at around 400ppm but I've had no problems in three grows. Takes only about 30 min for the 20 Gals. With RO you will need to add Cal/Mag. Your pots are the same size as mine so 20 Gallons should be fine. Just look in the res when the system is in flood cycle and see how much is left in the res. I change every week, and I have a full mark in my res. So I just keep it topped up between changes.

Yea I live in the country have high ppm and iv always used cal mg. it's always come with my kits I get. I did a test run it didn't seem to drain all the water from the buckets

There will always be a small amount at the bottom, less than a cup. If more is being left behind, you should have a float sensor in your control res. It shuts off the drain pump and you may need to adjust it. If you look at my buckets you see that they are designed so that only a small pocket of nutrients is left.

Got a couple sprouted it's been awhile when do I put them in their pots
I would wait till they are about 4" tall to put them in big pots. The way I do it is, I germinate in soil peat pots. When they sprout and have the first set of leaves, I transplant them into 6" rockwool cubes I take the entire peat cup with soil and put it in the cube. A little soil is not that bad for your system. I have a veg tent with a small DIY e&f system that I use till they are about 6" tall. Since you don't have it, I would suggest you put your seedlings into the 6" rockwool cubes or even soil in a solo cup and hand water them until they get 4-6" tall and have several sets of leaves. Then you can just put your rockwool cube into you bucket fill around it with hydroton or small rockwool cubes. I like hydroton even though you have to wash it. It provides a sturdier base for the plant and lots of nooks and crannies for roots to form.

Back
Top Bottom