Indica vs Sativa

irakli180

Hey Guys,

I have been reading the info related to Indica style seeds and people explain that no matter how you grow your cannabis plant it would give you more like relaxing and sleeping effect, and for Sativa it gives more like body high and uplifting effect, but when I came to the issue of THC, people say that it doesn't matter what seed you have, if you start harvesting at the stage where all Trichomes are milky - you will get the effect of body high and uplifting and as the amber Trichomes get more the effect is more stony. I'm little bit confused which argument is more correct, whether seed type matters or just the moment when you start harvest.

Re: Indica vs Sativa - it's genetic

A bit late but I can now answer this. My opinion is just that, and I have been looking for a body-high strain for addressing pain. I'm talking dismemberment screaming painful leg cramps. So this is a pretty key issue for me vs casual use preference.

-REDACTED- (all the long winded details about the experiment I did the other day to address this question directly)

So to avoid verbose-of-the-month, here's what I think the only real answer can be.

A body-high or warm blanket feeling, the wave of calmness that washes away pain after a hit, is genetic, and should not be confused with 'couch lock' since couch lock is really a narcotic effect, making it a cereberal effect too. And the warm blanket seems to be the realm of indicas and indica heavy hybrids.

• Any cereberal qualities of a high can be modified by harvesting based on trich color.
  • Clear being the indication it will remove the limiters from your brain. Cloudy being peak THC, and you can presume the high will last as long as it should, and amber adding narcotic cereberal effects to any strain's high.
  • But not all indica strains or indica dominant strains will carry the actual warm blanket feeling. Nor do I believe that all sativa strains cannot have the warm fuzzies. I just haven't seen any that I know do (since I haven't inspected my weed previously with a loupe).
  • But any strain, allowed to go amber, to get what people call the warm fuzzy feeling, is making up for the lack of that actual quality in the strain, by mimicing it with the narcotic effects of couch lock.*

* making up for the lack of the trait may not be 100% accurate, the point being that a indica strain with the warm fuzzies, allowed to amber, will have that masked by amber trich narcotic effects (perhaps one could say more accurately, 'CBN effects' but this is too pseudo science for me until there's more research done).

(a peek at the redaction, condensed for your reading ease)
I have a indica dominant hybrid plant with the warm fuzzy trait, and no couch lock at 70/30 cloudy/clear; tested day 55 of flower. Another indica hybrid (apparently cheese) I have, I will let go a bit amber for the narcotic couch lock to help with falling asleep. The sativa or sativa dominant hybrid I have, isn't far enough along to test yet, but I won't be surprised if this can be verified on that plant too. The sativa I will test clear/cloudy, then allow to amber to get some more answers. Bought trainwreck. Totally near uncontrollable cereberal highness and no body high, decent pain relief. Bought sharkshock cbd, this should have a body high, but has none, and is 70-30 cloudy/clear, at best. As a med for what I want it for, my hybrid Audie has, prematurly what another strain of the same family (indica heavy hybrids) is supposed to have. So any body high or, more accurately, couch lock from this harvest of ss cbd, could only come from amber trichs.

To be simple and blunt, seed type determines if it's there or not. Just like CBD levels. As trichomes age, THC does not degrade into CBD, it degrades into CBN. And sativa vs indica is a indication, not a guarantee that it will be present.

^^;

Back
Top Bottom