How To Know When To Harvest

Hey Georgey, well it would go back to the "high"you want.cloudy trics a heady high, lots of amber,"couch lock" affect...i had to move fast at the end of my show as the damp weather was causing mold....bummer,but i got the mold contained without too much loss.if i had the choise i would have waited longer,oh how i prayed for sunshine.and there was some sunny days at the end,but so damp at night.... so the choice is up to you. if you cut them anywhere close to the end you will be fine.how did they do it in the "old days".they didn't know about trics and all that stuff and they did ok.altho we do have a lot stronger weed these days.hmmm.... well, try not to stress out about it like i did. just keep watching those little trics and do what your gut says....good luck man.C Ya,Red

cheers red gonna chop in five days looking fine for first got four more in veg so heres praying and thanks for the advice might try led for next flower session ps just hope i can hold out so long

i too am interested in LED lights.my electric bill was like $400 more than usual.heard the leds are cheaper to run? any truth to that? hang on Georgey good things take time.c ya,Red

OK I read Racefan's post about being able to tell when the plant is ready to harvest and using his guidelines I have a few plants that appear to be "almost" ready to harvest. But then what? This is not my first grow, but the first harvest from high quality clones and I want to do it right. So I cut the plants near the base of the stalk and put them in a dry dark location...right? I understand I should let them hang upside down until the stalk/branches are brittle and snap when bent. Then manicure the plants down to the buds and then store them in another airtight container opening it a few times a day to get all the moisture out of the buds. Or can I use the paper bag method of curing right after harvest. Thanking ya'll in advance....

Hey Steven, sounds like you are all set up...do you have a fan blowing out the mosture? from the drying area? i just did my first harvest and i went to the Goodwill and got a window fan thing.it had 2 fans on it and i think it really helped.of course up here in the Great North Wet you must worry about mold....so i ran the fan for some time 2 weeks? till the branches snapted.. all came out great...good luck Red

Thanks, I have a fan but the "drying room" is a 4' x 8' enclosure inside garage. I plan to make this into a grow room, once the $$ are right. So currently the room is dark and dry, or was until the rain came early this morning (its still dry just not as warm inside the garage), I'll figure out something in the next day or two.

you know i wouldn't wait too long....just have the fan blow the mosture out of the dry room.you need a place for the dampness to go. a hole cut into the dry room wall and install the fan and wa la !! all set..!! don't mold ruin your work....have fun.c ya,Red

day 52 on some bag seed, flowered and reveged and reflowered.
I'm thinking she's maybe 5 days away from ready
almost1_1_.JPG
almost1.JPG
DSC01384_1_.JPG

what do you think? ready?

Thanks for the great info, I recently harvested my first crop on this info. I'll post later and let y'all know how it turned out. Wish me luck :)

Hey Redneck
It may be too late, but regarding your question about LED's. They are cheaper to run but can cost more initially. We had a guy come to our collective's grow class, who made a presentation on LED's his company makes light panels for growing. I'm not sure I can get away with posting the name of his company (they blocked me one other time) but googling his name Lloyd Greenburg - Malibu CA or an email to lloyddira@charter.net might put you on the right track to solving your problem

Hey Steven,i will check out the led info. thanks for the tip.for now we fianlly got 2 whole days of sunshine up here.so i'm hoping to move everything outside for the summer......"they "say its the El Nenio making our weather worst than normal..anyway sorry for crying about our rain,i know things could be soooooo much worse than rain.so do the LED's look promising?i've only heard they are just OK. i hope they fine tune them 'cause the ones i have really cost some $ to run.. hope its sunny your way...Red

The owner/designer of the light panels brought several of them to one of our grow classes and the way he explained and I hope I'm getting it right, the panels are built in such a manner as to supply all the right colors for max grow and I think some of them can be configured (by user) for veg and flower. they were pricey but not as pricey as others I've seen and the cost per use is way down from regular lights ie: MH and HPS.

Don't know your level of experience....I've been doing small personal grows for yrs and when I got a copy of the Jorge Cervantes indoor & outdoor grow bible, I began to realize how much I didn't know...the book is a must have for growers, plus he has his own channel on U-tube check it out. happy growing

On u tube ...i will look that one up .i also got that book,and yes there is alot to know.i just got my medical card so i'm really enjoying this.Being legal and all...but i never thought it would be so ....involved...thats probley why in the past i never did well growing,plus the fact i was ilegal and could'nt do it "relaxed"so to speak...so now i'm taking it slow but sure and learning as i go.over a year ago a seedling showed up in ones of my wifes house plant..?? i have tried to pin down to who planted it but no one is speaking up....,kids ,friends ??? anyway i have been trying to go with straight indica so i can make some really great hashish someday.well these girls looks dark green and way more bushy than any other plants i have grown(and thats not alot). so i'm hopeing for the best.the problem i have been having is they don't seem to grow much and there is leaf crurling. i have used some fox farm once a month,1 teaspoon per gal(does that seem right?) and then worry thats causing the crurl...or i might be answering my own question now...i don't water them much.i check the lower part of the plastic bag i grow them in and it is always damp.i am overly concerned about mold as it so wet up here and thats why i don't water them so much.any thoughts about my ramblin? i'll get some pictures up in a day or so.thanks ,Red

Red
When you mix your nutes do you check the PH after mixing? after mixing check the PH and make sure it's between 5.8 and 6.2 use PH down or a bit of lemon juice to bring it to the right level. I've got 3 lemon kush started from seeds on 18 March they are all in soil in 5 gal Buckets now they are 45-50 inches tall as is my Durban Poison clone now 47' tall. I water my plants 3-4 times a week just enough to let the water run out the bottom. One thing I may have in my favor is that I grow in a small greenhouse in my backyard. I got my seeds from meds I bought at one of the collectives I visit. usually you don't want seeds in the meds but I've managed to make use of them. good luck

It's been a while since I posted anything about my plants.....two of the lemon Kush have been harvested, dried and cured (toking a pinner as I type this). The plants never got over 4 1/2' tall and after the harvest and trimming I managed 75 grams of great bud. I have one Lemon Kush left that appears to be taking it's own sweet time maturing, but since I have smoke there's no hurry "right?". A Master Bubba that in the early days I was sure was male, appears to be female as small buds are starting to form. Glad I waited on that one. My Durban Poison clone is now over 6' and while no buds have formed, I'm told that for what ever reason DP (a Sativa) seems to take longer to mature. So I'm looking at OCT/NOV before it's ready and that's all the news from this end of town.

Back
Top Bottom