Indoor Grow Problems

FeloniousPunk

Hello All,

The tops of my flowering plants are all turning yellow. The lower leaves are still green. The yellow leaves do not pull off easily, unlike Nitrogen deficient leaves I've had in the past, which were lower on the plant. I flushed the plants when they started going yellow. I have not been pH'ing their water/nute mix. The 3 Hash Plants and a CBD Critical Cure that are growing outdoors are getting the same water/nute mix. Those plants are fine (Hash Plant#3 is showing a little yellowing on a few middle fan leaves, and the others have the normal odd yellow leaf on the bottom that falls off during flower).

The strain is Raspberry Cough. Its tent-mate is a Sour Diesel, who is also showing these signs, but not as bad.

Both strains are Sativa heavy, the Raspberry is 70% sativa while the Sour Diesel is 90%.
These plants were outside and needed to be moved indoors. I had to lop the top half of the plant off (I cut them down from 36" to 19") for clearance in the tent.
They were healthy and green when they came indoors and started their 12/12 light cycle on July 22. They were notably in flower one week later on July 29.
They are in ProMix HP M soil in 5 gallon fabric pots. The Hash Plant and CBD Critical Cure are in 7 gallon fabric pots.
I am using a Mars Pro II Epistar 320 (700-760 watt) LED light. The light was positioned 18" above the plant canopy when the plants moved in. The canopy closed that to about 15". Two days ago I moved the light 24"above the canopy, and this morning I moved it to 30" above the canopy. The light is on a 12/12 schedule with the light coming on at 8 p.m.
The temperature in the tent ranges from 68F to 81F. It usually drops down to the high 70s after 10 p.m., so the plants don't get more than a couple of hours at 80F and above.
The relative Humidity fluctuates, but has been around the mid 50s. At this moment it is at 58%.
I don't see any pests.
I am using Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1) organic. I just began to add Natures Nectar Nitrogen, so when they transitioned to flower, they weren't getting any nitrogen.
They get watered when they get dry, which seems to be every 3-5 days.

I think they are suffering from LED light burn, complicated by the lack of nitrogen when I switched them over, but I look forward to any insights you all might have.

Will the leaves recover their green?

I hope that covers everything,

FP. :peace:

IMG_20190826_075841.jpg

IMG_20190826_075848.jpg

IMG_20190826_081946.jpg

Well they sure do look starved for nitrogen, but those spots concern me. @MagicJim, you studied that wonderful post on nutrients way back when, and you’re also playing with organic nutes. What do you think about this? Can you think of anyone who might be of help here?

Felonious, I don’t think they’ll recover the color in those faded leaves, but they’ll still be growing more leaves as they go along, and that won’t matter as much as it it looks once you get the feed right.

Do you have any EWC? In an LOS grow that’s the first response to just about anything.

Well they sure do look starved for nitrogen, but those spots concern me. @MagicJim, you studied that wonderful post on nutrients way back when, and you’re also playing with organic nutes. What do you think about this? Can you think of anyone who might be of help here?

Felonious, I don’t think they’ll recover the color in those faded leaves, but they’ll still be growing more leaves as they go along, and that won’t matter as much as it it looks once you get the feed right.

Do you have any EWC? In an LOS grow that’s the first response to just about anything.

Hi Sue!:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the reply. These plants were just learning tools, and I have learned much, but it would be nice to get them to harvest.

I might have thousands, or even millions of EWC. Problem is I don't know what EWC is. For that matter, I don't know what a LOS grow is. Is that legal here in Canada? :DLoL!

FP.:peace:

Hi Sue!:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the reply. These plants were just learning tools, and I have learned much, but it would be nice to get them to harvest.

I might have thousands, or even millions of EWC. Problem is I don't know what EWC is. For that matter, I don't know what a LOS grow is. Is that legal here in Canada? :DLoL!

FP.:peace:

:laughtwo: Sorry Felonious. LOS is living organic soil and EWC is earthworm castings. In an organic soil earthworm castings are a great topdressing when your plants enter flowering, and again at about the halfway point. Every watering sends more goodness into the soil.

I used to do 3-4” on my pots. It has to be watered very slowly and carefully the first time to keep it from washing out of the pot. It was my immediate reaction to any problems, whether or not I went with another additive.

Good Morning All,
The plants needed water this morning so I decided to hit them hard with nutes. 10ml/L of the bloom and 4 ml/L of Nitrogen.
Many of the yellow leaves are now falling off or can be picked off with the gentlest of tugs.

FP. :peace:

Good luck Felinious. They’re hearty plants, and they grow like weeds. :cheesygrinsmiley: Watch them recover. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom