Problem

Legalize09

i have 3 plants and they are all currently sick. i believe that they had Nitrogen Deficiency but i used Miracle Gro all purpose (only thing i could find) and the process of yellowing leaves moving from bottom up seems to have stopped and the plants growth has increased to a healthy rate.

The problem now is that i made a noob mistake and used the regular amount of MG and i think it has Nute burn on a couple of the plants. The tips of the leaves are kinda burnt looking. On the tallest plant of mine (in the first pic) the new inter-node leaves on the bottom are pretty new yet turned yellow. also the leaves on top of both are darker green than the rest of the plant

also, there have been a bunch of tiny bugs flying around. i use spray but it doesnt seem to keep them off permanently bc ill see them again after a couple days sometimes a week.

MY QUESTIONs
1) could the yellowing of that bottom inter-node leaf in pic 1 also be from nute burn? or is this still the effects of N deficiency?
2) is this burnt ends in pic 2 nute burn?
3) could the problems with my plant be from the bugs?

pic 1 - this one doesnt have those burnt things on the ends of leaves
left.jpg

pic 2
middle.jpg

i know its crappy pic but you can kinda see the burnt on the ends of some of the leaves

heres a pic of plant 3 with the burnt tips

right1.jpg

let your soil dry out in between watering to stop the gnats. Add a 1-2inch layer of perlite on top of the soil to keep them from coming back too.

Your plants are a combination of burnt and have signs of def. Probably def. before you burnt them. Def. damage is basically permanent don't expect those affected parts to get better. Make sure it is not getting worse and the new growth is ok. Your plants wont grow too fast as they are in shock and need to recover. So don't try to do too many things at once.

Do you have pH in check?

have you been feeding proper veg nutes?

Did you flush the MG out?

let your soil dry out in between watering to stop the gnats. Add a 1-2inch layer of perlite on top of the soil to keep them from coming back too.

Your plants are a combination of burnt and have signs of def. Probably def. before you burnt them. Def. damage is basically permanent don't expect those affected parts to get better. Make sure it is not getting worse and the new growth is ok. Your plants wont grow too fast as they are in shock and need to recover. So don't try to do too many things at once.

Do you have pH in check?

have you been feeding proper veg nutes?

Did you flush the MG out?

i flushed the plant 2 waterings ago (water every 2 days) but i used MG again (1/4 strength) bc i thought the only reason i burnt them was bc i used a whole dose of it instead of slowly introducing it. other than the internode yellowing small leave the new growth all looks good.

i do have a ph testers but they suck. i plan on buying the ph 600 this coming weekend when i get money.

i will try to go find some better nutes at wal mart (someone suggested 20-20-20 for veg) thats not MG

do i stop feeding them nutes for a while? if so when do i re introduce?

I would stop feeding nutes until you get an adequate ph tester. This is most likely the cause of your problems. ;-) Here's the thing... If you ph is off, the plant will not be able to absorb all the nutrients you are giving, causing a deficiency in one or more nutes.

Dont feed anything until you get your ph meter. Stay away for 20-20-20 nutrients.

Look for 6-4-4, 12-6-6, 10-5-5 or in that ballpark for veg. Dont water very 2 days just to water. wait until the pot is light indicating its is dry. but not desert dry. For smaller plants in larger pots this could be close to a week.

Back
Top Bottom