Indoor soil mothers

cmwade04

Hey everybody!
I've got some sick mothers.... Eagerly waiting to clone them to start a new aeroponics grow. Can anyone can help identify sick/burnt and spotted leaves? Growth has come sporadically throughout. Slowing at times when leaves look unhealthy. I had one spider mite infestation but it was easily cured with azamax spray only 2 months ago. The plants are now 5 months old. Looking at the images I think the last one is mainly of light burn but my t5 was always at least 4 inches away from plants. I now keep the light 12 in from the top leaves leaving just over 24 in to some of the lower leaves. I have always read that t5's can be placed as close as 3 in so while I have my doubts about light burn the images I have found online look convincingly similar to some of the top leaves(the only ones with the dark crisp burn marks). I am also confused as to what having a higher ph in runoff than original water means. I thought you should usually get a ph almost 1.0 lower with runoff? If any more info is needed lemme know. Thanks in advance!

What Strain is it?
NYC Diesel
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
Hybrid
What percentages?
60% sativa 40% indica
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
4 months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor tent
Soil or Hydro?
Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
ROOTS ORGANICS NATURAL & ORGANIC POTTING SOIL
From the description on the bag,
A truly exceptional ready-to-use coco fiber-based potting soil. We begin with a base of the highest quality coco fiber/Coir on the plant which is repeatedly washed for an incredibly low EC, and composted for over twenty-four months, and is specially blended with extra long fibers. This soil is amended with only the highest quality organic ingredients including bat guano, premium earth worm castings, fish bone meal, feather meal, green sand, mycorrihzae, glacial rock dust, soybean meal, humic acid, and many more. Already blended with correct proportions of perlite and pumice for excellent drainage and a vigorous root system, Roots Organics potting soil encourages healthier plants and better yields. Comes in a heavy-duty, ready-to-grow, 1.5 cu ft/10 gal, camoflauge print bag; simply poke holes in the bottom, cut off the top, and plant.

If Soil... What Size Pot?
3 gallons
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
1 Hydrofarm 8 lamp t5 HO flourescent
5 6500k, 54w bulbs 3 3500k, 54w bulbs

Is it Air Cooled?
No (lights are not air cooled)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
70-80 F
RH of Room/Cabinet?
45-80 depending on how far I zip up the walls
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Watering using filtered city water with Ph 5.8 - 6.2
Using lemon juice as a ph down.
Runoff PH of 5.8 - 6.2 usually slightly higher than before watering!

Any Pests?
Had spider mites but treated 2 months ago with azamax spray. No returning pest problems
How Often are you Watering?
Changed slightly throughout grow. Currently 1-1.5 liters per plant every other day.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
None
Size or Square Footage of Room?
Dimensions: 94.5" x 94.5"x 79", approximately 8' x 8' x 6.5'

Oops, copied the urls incorrectly with picasa. Here are the pics that should be listed above
IMAG0775.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

IMAG0777.jpg

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0780.jpg

IMAG0782.jpg

The first pic looks like bugs, is that an old leaf that was affected by the mites? If you're certain the bugs are gone...I'm guessing your problem is two fold.

I see some leaves that don't looked damaged but they are yellow. What's the ppm of your grow feeding? Might need a little more Nitrogen.
I think the main problem could be Magnesium deficiency. Necrosis (burnt/dying leaves, or dead spots) usually means Cal/Mag deficiency, or bugs. Purple stalks and stems mean Mag deficiency. I would hit it with Magnesium asap. General Hydro makes a great product call CALiMAGic. Their rep told me it's a readily available source of Cal/Mag as soon as you water. It can be used with every feeding. There are other good Cal/Mag supplement from other company's as well.

As for your PH, everything is good. That means your soil is stable :thumb:

Thanks YardDog! Going to get a Cal/Mag source today. Before I saw your post I tried a foliar spray. Blue Mountain Organics Foliar Harmony with a npk of 2-4-2. Angel Fire describes it as this:

The ingredients are Artesian Spring Water, Fossilized High Phosphorus Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Azomite, Unsulphured Molasses, Humic Acid, Comfrey Hay Extract, Alfalfa Meal Extract, and Ecto Bacteria.

These ingredients are processed by first oxygenating them for a week in a special tea brewer, then the mix is pasturized, cooled, strained and filtered to remove sediments. The ecto bacteria strains are added later. Ensuring only positive microorganisms are present.

Tomorrow I am going to start feeding, which I havent been doing. Using all Blue Mountain Organics products. I will add a cal/mag boost to the feed.

Back
Top Bottom