Inexperience hurts

mgoulder

growing 1 indica plant was growing great still in veg.stage .well 2 days ago i added some ground up egg shells and ground up banana peals to the soil mixing it in about 3-4 inches.today when i watered i noticed a lot of yellowing and tips of the leafs turning brown and brittle.i think i may have messed up the roots! what can i do? did i just kill my plant?? HELP!!!!

Re: inexperiance hurts

growing 1 indica plant was growing great still in veg.stage .well 2 days ago i added some ground up egg shells and ground up banana peals to the soil mixing it in about 3-4 inches.today when i watered i noticed a lot of yellowing and tips of the leafs turning brown and brittle.i think i may have messed up the roots! what can i do? did i just kill my plant?? HELP!!!!
Hi mgoulder, please let me try to help.

First, adding a picture to this discussion would be a great help. I encourage you to take the time to figure out how to upload a picture of the entire plant so we can see what is going on... not just the problem leaves.

Our plants need calcium and potassium and phosphorus, all things that eventually will be available in the things you added to your soil, once they break down... but that will take a long time to happen, so I don't see these things as being connected.

The problem you seem to be describing however could be a couple of very common problems, but instead of making an initial wild guess, let me ask some questions.

Do you adjust the pH of your fluids before applying them to your plant, and if so, what level do you adjust to?
You say you have been growing great in veg for a while... how long have you been in the present container?
Tell us about your soil... is it a commercial mix that we are all familiar with, or something unique?
Do you use nutrients or supplements?
Tell us about your water source, tap, RO, distilled, well?

Back
Top Bottom