Information Overload - With Pics

drprac

Hi folks,

I'll try and make this as short as possible. This is my first attempt at indoor gardening. I started with 4 miscellanious seeds of which 3 germinated. It appeared that 2 were indica, and 1 sativa. They're now growing in Schultz cactus and succulent potting mix. They're growing under 2 CFL bulbs and 2 florescent tubes. I'm also added a CO2 generator, and 2 computer fans. The temp averages 80F and RH 40 - 60. The only food I have for them are Miracle Gro (yea I know, but $0 budget) 8-7-6 liquid with Chelated iron which I used sparingly to start, and granulated 15-30-15 which I'm am now using (also sparingly) to mist two clones, and to water the others. Lighting ran 24/0, now 12/12, except for the clones which are 20/4. I am also trying to LST one. As far as I could tell all three were females. Now for some visuals.

Here's my grow closet.

IMG_20160902_005012.jpg

IMG_20160902_005101.jpg

The two I took clones from looking scraggly, notice brown on leaf.

IMG_20160902_005209.jpg

The two clones at 4 days, one of each strain. Giving them 20/4 light, and misting 3 times a day. At what time should I start to water?

IMG_20160902_005053.jpg
IMG_20160902_005222.jpg

My attempt at LST. Lots of little sprouts. Trying to get them to flower now. Am I too early?

IMG_20160902_005139.jpg
IMG_20160902_005202.jpg

Is also showing brown.

IMG_20160902_005232.jpg

From what I've read it could be almost anything. I really need to test ph, and the moisture content of the containers. Unfortunately this has been constructed from items I had on hand, and at the moment there is $0 in the budget. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance and "Onward Through The Fog" LOL For those of you who remember the Power Hitter.

Re: Question

There's no approval system I know of. Try going to your user CP then settings. Should show you your past post & post subscriptions. Although your post count says 1. Being the post above counts as 1. I'm guessing your post was lost & you may have to repost.

Ok I see you have your missing post back..so omit what I said above.

Well not sure what's going on. Am I in the wrong place? Not really sure how this thread thing works. Guess I not only need help with my gardening, but also my threading.

Those guys need more light, back off on the nutes till you get a little bit more watts. I would ditch the tunes and add more cfls. Or make the tubes point downward, to shine on top the plants

Well not sure what's going on. Am I in the wrong place? Not really sure how this thread thing works. Guess I not only need help with my gardening, but also my threading.

I didn't have answers for you myself so I just kept quiet. Don't worry too much. I have the same issues with asking for help & not getting a reply sometimes. It just depends on catching the right person at the right time I suppose..

Dr, welcome to 420. If you flower them now, under those lights you probably won't get much of a harvest. Depending on where you are you might be better off putting them outside to finish off.

I don't really know what cactus soil is but it sounds like you could use a top dressing of earthworm castings. Worm poop is really cheap.

The clones don't need any fertilizer. If they were stuck in the ground 4 days ago they haven't grown roots yet. They need humidity more than water, you are trying to get them to grow roots in search of water. If you cut a 2 liter in half it would make a nice humidity dome. Keep the soil damp, not wet.

This is an awsome hobby and there are tons of ways to do it for cheap. Read a few journals, introduce yourself around. There are alot of good growers around here that can help you out.

Hello drprac looking good. You are well on your way to a successful harvest. :goodjob:

I agree with mcjoint and grimreefer. The floro tubes need to be within a couple inches of the plants canopy to work, but the cfls you have should do just fine for veg. If you can get more light for flower that would be good. Try keeping them As close as possible without burning the plants. There is no standard for this, every brand of cfl is different. I keep mine 2-3" from the canopy, some people keep theirs 5-6". You will just have to play around with it.

Make sure not to overwater. Misting is okay although i don't do it. Only water when the pots get obviously light. I water every 5-7 days or possibly longer until the root system get developed. Most common newby mistake is overwatering.

. You shouldnt need to add much if any nutes for the first few weeks. If you do add nutes start off at 1/4 strength.

if you have your light on 12/12 they will start flowing as soon as they are mature. This usually takes 3 weeks or so from seed.

Keep up the good work.

Ok thanks for the input guys. More light seems to be a common reply. I'll have to see what I can do to remedy that. The tubes came from the garage LOL Just a little too long to hang horizontally. How bad would it hurt if I left them in the dark for 24 and started to put them outside for light. Right now the light cycle is 7pm to 7am.

Well I got more lighting. Transplanted the clones, and started 12/12. Now trying to get this sexing thing down. Here's what I think I've got.

IMG_94553.JPG

One of my clones. Light fell and burnt it. Female I think.

IMG_94583.JPG

The other clone. Think it's male.

IMG_94714.JPG

My LST experiment. Thinking female.

IMG_94776.JPG

The parent of the suspected male clone. Was trying to lolly pop it.

IMG_94817.JPG

Parent of the burnt clone. Female I hope. Trying to lolly pop this one also.

IMG_94853.JPG

Pic of the top of suspected male clone. Both this one and the parent seem to have started to flower. Pulled them out of the closet and now they are on the back porch. Better safe than sorry I guess.

IMG_94845.JPG

Another pic of my LST experiment.

Hopefully I got it right. I see all of your great looking plants and hope that mine will turn out half as nice, and tasty. Also I read somewhere that you can make seeds female. How is this done? Maybe I could put the boys to good use.

Back
Top Bottom