Insomnia in SoCal...

LizardKing

I have a bit of a dilemma, I have had insomnia for as long as I can remember, when I was 10 I used to stay up for days at a time, my mom solved this by giving my Nyquil, or any other over the counter sleep aids, I kept this up until I was 16, then due to some family problems I moved out, moved in with my best friend who's dad smoked marijuana a lot, he suggested I try it to help me sleep, and much to my enjoyment it did. So I kept this up for many years, (yes I also do use it recreationally too, why lie?) So skip forward to now, I just got married and my wife is ok with me smoking, she just is a little adamant about it being illegal and we are trying to start a family. Basically, she wants me to get a prescription for it. Since I never saw a doctor about it (My mom is a nurse, so I never had to go to one, unless it was for stitches or to get anti-biotic) so there is no record of it. I know I can get MMJ for insomnia but since I have no records of it, and no insurance, so every time I go to the doctors I get charged, I want to know how many times should I go to my doctor before I go to see a doctor about getting MMJ?

I also have a history of migraine headaches (family trait passed down from my grandfather to my dad, to me, Yay, I'm lucky...) but same story as the insomnia, and as long as I keep smoking the headaches stay away...

If you guys could offer me any help I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I live in Orange County, I dunno if it would make a difference...

Umm, I think I made a mistake, Should I have posted this in Compassion Clubs section, if so, can somone please move it...

you should call MediCann and see what they can do for you! I got my recommendation though one of their doctores, I am also in So Cali so there should be no problems. I did though have records from my other doctor, but maybe they can do something! They have Doctors you can see without record I belive. If not it is another number and I might have that!

Do you have a number or a web address for them?

Is mediMar the same as MediCann? MediMar is closer to me...lol

Im not sure but that site I gave you has a ton of info on it.... listings of all kinds of things! I am sure you can find a doctor close to you with that site!!

yup, thanks on the site, that is where I found the MediMar site, but I will probally go with the MediCann one just beacuse you have worked with them, and they are legit, thank you guys again...

Hmmmm..... that is interesting. I also have severe insomnia but I didnt think I would qualify unless i had cancer or aids or something that caused severe pain. i mean I have so much trouble sleeping without weed that i am constantly missing days at work not to mention heavy depression. Can anyone tell me if this is enuff to get a calif mmj card? Please post again Lizard king and let us know how you made out. I love to smoke pot, sure, but I also need it for my life to function on a day to day basis. I have talked to a few patients at Weedtracker and they make you feel like a criminal if you are not terminal or something.

I also suffer from the same things yet have no valid documentation. Let us know how it goes, can you still get your card without documentation?

You live in OC, it should be beyond easy to get your card. I'll be heading out there soon enough to get mine. My court is also out there.

Back
Top Bottom