Insufficient nutrients during flower

bobj

What sort of detriments can I face with my production if I stall my growth during flower with insufficient nutrients?

What I mean by this is that I'm using granular nutrients that I work into my top soil, they claim to feed for up to 6 weeks. I still have a bit of nutrient left in my soil (I tested the soil) and I'm almost ready to flip to flower.

If I prolong adding more nutrients to my soil, and I end up running either low or no nutrition in my soil, what sort of effect can this have on my flowers? What's more preferable to happen during flower: no nutrients or too many nutrients?

if it's like soil amendments then it's better to add alittle more than you'd think you'd need (in a healthy dose) rather than too little, because they have to be broken down and the plant will take as much as I need most times

but how have your feedings been overall? if you haven't noticed any problems with it I'd say leave it as is after adding some because if you need more you can deal with deficiency because the plant takes it from other stored leaves to support more growth, nutrient burn is more detrimental to your yield from my experience

basically im saying the amount of nutrients they need won't increase too much especially at the start of flower I honestly Feed it exactly like I do in veg until flowers and a bunch of pistils start showing to introduce bloom nutrients but plants really need less nutrients than you'd think

What sort of detriments can I face with my production if I stall my growth during flower with insufficient nutrients?
Smaller overall plant size with fewer leaves and what leaves are there will be smaller. Lower production of chlorophyll & photosynthesis is reduced so fewer and smaller leaves. It is a vicious circle leading to.....

Smaller flower buds and fewer nodes so shorter stacks. The flowers/buds will take longer to grow and longer to mature.

Once the plant starts flowering it needs more nutrients than it did while it was just growing stems and leaves. It pretty much will spend the next 8 to 10 weeks getting by on the leaves it grew earlier and all the nutrients. Some plants will attempt to grow new leaves which is why we see the single finger leaves in the bud stacks. Without the right nutrients available those leaves will be smaller.

If the nutrients the plant needs are not available then the plant starts to take from the existing leaves. And, it will not replace them and that is one of the reasons we see leaves turning yellow and brown and falling off.

Without healthy leaves and flowers it becomes easier for plant pests like insects and molds/mildews to become a problem. Healthy plants attract fewer pests and related problems. The more insects and/or molds the unhealthier the plant becomes. It is more of the vicious cycle.

Back
Top Bottom