Is it ok to clean my piece with...

Inasad

boiling water? There is so much tar/resin stuck to the sides of my pieces that it wont come off with 420 or a pipe cleaner... will boiling water help? it cant melt the glass right?

boiling water doesn't melt glass :cheesygrinsmiley:

have you tried salt and rubbing alcohol

I've heard boiling water can cause glass to break, especially if it's cold. I'd play it safe and go with rubbing alcohol and salt.

rubbing alcohol and salt!

Yep,rubbing alcohol always does the trick. I even use it on my brass one hitter when it get's ultra-gunky. The best thing about alcohol,IMO,is it's a simple clean and rinse process. Flush the piece with water wipe it down and you're smoking again.

Vinegar will work but you need to rinse well and let the piece set out over night.

I'm old enough to remember the first acrylic bongs. Many stoners tried to boil those things clean and ended up with a gooey mess. lol.

alcohol and salt does not completely do the trick as everyone says, but it's what I always use. If your sink runs really hot water, you can rotate between hot water and alcohol . This usually gets my pipes to about 90% to 95% clean, but i have never been able to get any pipe completely clean except 1 that you could stick you index finger in the carb.

If it's really bad try a 24hour soak in the strongest alcohol you can find before the hot water/ alcohol and salt
rotation.

Back
Top Bottom