Is it safe to grow where you sleep?

empath

So I'm a first timer and bought slightly used kit of sun visor tents and ac infinity fans with HID @450w and other LED lights.

My bedroom is kinda small but not tiny but ever since I started growing I've been feeling off for some reason ! Does the HID releases toxic fumes ? Thus I shouldn't sleep where I grow ?

Hi @empath - no toxic fumes from growing in a tent in the bedroom, that has been my setup for as long as I can remember
When I was running CO2 I got an occasional headache, and some really stinky skunk makes my stomach churn if I don't open the windows daily, but nothing more
If you are getting any odd smells, try cleaning the bulb

Hi @empath - no toxic fumes from growing in a tent in the bedroom, that has been my setup for as long as I can remember
When I was running CO2 I got an occasional headache, and some really stinky skunk makes my stomach churn if I don't open the windows daily, but nothing more
I don't have e odd smell its just my sleep is off as if there's something is wrong ..not sure if its mental anxiety thing or HID emitting fumes which is effecting air quality in the room I suppose..when u say co2 u mean what the plant releases at night ?

I don't have e odd smell its just my sleep is off as if there's something is wrong ..not sure if its mental anxiety thing or HID emitting fumes which is effecting air quality in the room I suppose..when u say co2 u mean what the plant releases at night ?
Most likely just a niggling worry - you'll get used to it
No, I used to run added CO2 in the tent and if you don't refresh the air in the surrounding room regularly it can cause headaches and nausea
Plants will love the higher concentration of CO2 in a bedroom [due to you breathing in there all night]
Plants give off Oxygen at night, not CO2

don't have e odd smell its just my sleep is off as if there's something is wrong ..not sure if its mental anxiety thing or HID emitting fumes which is effecting air quality in the room I suppose..
I would think that it is either an anxiety like you mention or just as likely it is that having a tent in the room is a different enough situation that it is keeping you from having the sleep pattern you are used to. Also, any lights or fans or other noise from the tent can have an effect on sleep patterns.

..when u say co2 u mean what the plant releases at night ?
I am pretty sure that what Roy was bringing up is that he has a source of additional CO2 that some growers use as a way of promoting more growth. It is something that some growers do and some do not.

Plus, the plants will produce Oxygen as a by product of photosynthesis so it is O2 when the sun is shining or the lights are on. At night or when the lights are off photosynthesis is not taking place and the plant then starts to use the sugars it produced and pulls in O2 and releases CO2. It would take a huge plant, bigger than what could fit in a typical bedroom, to produce enough CO2 at night that a sleeping person's body would notice.

Based on what you have mentioned I have to think your sleep is off because it is new situation that you are not used to experiencing night after night. Eventually you should get used to it and the strangeness will go away.

Yes, HID (high-intensity discharge) lights such as Metal Halide and High-Pressure Sodium can release toxic fumes such as mercury and lead, especially if they are old or damaged. These fumes can be harmful to your health if inhaled in large quantities, and may cause headaches, dizziness, and other symptoms. Additionally, HID lights produce a lot of heat and can raise the temperature of your growing area, making it uncomfortable to sleep there.
Aha makes more sense now ! I do believe my bulb is damaged cuz its yellowish when it was not supposed to.. can u please guide me to a safer alternatives possibly a link would be appreciated. Thanks u sooo much !

So I'm a first timer and bought slightly used kit of sun visor tents and ac infinity fans with HID @450w and other LED lights.

My bedroom is kinda small but not tiny but ever since I started growing I've been feeling off for some reason ! Does the HID releases toxic fumes ? Thus I shouldn't sleep where I grow ?
I’m growing in my bedroom and I’m now getting a skunky smell but I like it. It does get a little hot sometimes but I open a window and turn on my ceiling fan and it’s all good 👍. CL🍀

Yeah that's something I think they don't stress enough these days is clean your bulbs after touching with your fingers

Back
Top Bottom