Is my feeding right?

hazeluv69

So I’m growing in coco and I’m using the canna line of nutrients just wondering if I was making my nute mix correct. So basically I mix 2.5ml of canna a & b each 1ml calmag and 8ml rhiztonic to about 10 litres of water - my girls are growing healthy and are around 6 weeks old now (they are clones) just wondering if this was correct to mix this less nutes with the amount of water Bexause I’m seeing much different online! Also when I started I gave 7ml of a and b each and it totally burned them so I haven’t bothered increasing the amount of a and b as I do not want to cause issues but I have read people gradually increasing however I have not!

I use the terra range, so I can’t help you with the coir. I think you have to trust the feeding chart. It is a guide, so backing your nutes up and down is something you do by how your plants are looking. The only thing I’d note is that the PH range is 5.5 - 6.2 (read the notes from the chart). The more your plant develops the higher the PH should be. At least that’s how it works for terra. I would alternate it occasionally to capture as much of the extremes as you can.

I use the terra range, so I can’t help you with the coir. I think you have to trust the feeding chart. It is a guide, so backing your nutes up and down is something you do by how your plants are looking. The only thing I’d note is that the PH range is 5.5 - 6.2 (read the notes from the chart). The more your plant develops the higher the PH should be. At least that’s how it works for terra. I would alternate it occasionally to capture as much of the extremes as you can.
Okay thanks my main concern was my level of feeding and the amounts, even though my growth is healthy, I am just wondering if I’m not feeding much as others are using up to 20-40ml per 10l of water and I am using only 2.5ml canna a and b per 10l of water please help.

Okay thanks my main concern was my level of feeding and the amounts, even though my growth is healthy, I am just wondering if I’m not feeding much as others are using up to 20-40ml per 10l of water and I am using only 2.5ml canna a and b per 10l of water please help.
Having a look at the leafs really does tell you their feeding wants and needs.
The general rule with nutes is: when young 1-4 weeks 1/4 strength, then progress to 1/2 strength as they grow. You rarely have to give much stronger than that,some plants are nute hungry but not many. Obviously some nute ranges vary but not much.
Pics are the answer:thumb:

Hi hazel, have you got any pics of the plants?
Having a look at the leafs really does tell you their feeding wants and needs.
The general rule with nutes is: when young 1-4 weeks 1/4 strength, then progress to 1/2 strength as they grow. You rarely have to give much stronger than that,some plants are nute hungry but not many. Obviously some nute ranges vary but not much.
Pics are the answer:thumb:

here’s a few pics but the led light is on however I can tell you I am not noticing any deficiencies or nute burn on all the latest growth over the past 2-3 weeks and the colour is green, not light green but more of a leafy kinda green lol! But there’s no yellow or nothing! Again it’s all about my feed I have stayed with the same feed/regiment since the start kind of now and haven’t changed! Hope someone can help

Attachments

• B533862E-FE27-45CD-BB80-D664E62F863F.jpeg
    B533862E-FE27-45CD-BB80-D664E62F863F.jpeg
    822.9 KB · Views: 114
  • F1A37662-FAC6-4BFF-AC8A-C518113B1710.jpeg
    F1A37662-FAC6-4BFF-AC8A-C518113B1710.jpeg
    964.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 4D744D53-1DE7-4374-B607-00AB4C0C9C4B.jpeg
    4D744D53-1DE7-4374-B607-00AB4C0C9C4B.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 5844968E-627D-4AB1-9CD4-5A562794A487.jpeg
    5844968E-627D-4AB1-9CD4-5A562794A487.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 120
  • ADBD641B-EAFD-41F8-9231-5C71B39E01D1.jpeg
    ADBD641B-EAFD-41F8-9231-5C71B39E01D1.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 117
here’s a few pics but the led light is on however I can tell you I am not noticing any deficiencies or nute burn on all the latest growth over the past 2-3 weeks and the colour is green, not light green but more of a leafy kinda green lol! But there’s no yellow or nothing! Again it’s all about my feed I have stayed with the same feed/regiment since the start kind of now and haven’t changed! Hope someone can help
They look good. It's hard to tell the leaf conditions with the LED on, a picture in natural light would be great.
But what you describe sounds great. So relax,you're doing a great job. Carry on doing what you're doing. While they have that nice green leaf colour everything is correct. Now as they get bigger if the lower leafs go that lighter green you mentioned then they need a little stronger nutes. Enjoy your plants, looks like you got it under control.
A pic in white light will confirm though

They look good. It's hard to tell the leaf conditions with the LED on, a picture in natural light would be great.
But what you describe sounds great. So relax,you're doing a great job. Carry on doing what you're doing. While they have that nice green leaf colour everything is correct. Now as they get bigger if the lower leafs go that lighter green you mentioned then they need a little stronger nutes. Enjoy your plants, looks like you got it under control.
A pic in white light will confirm though
Thanks very much for the insight and yeah I guess so just sticking with what I do! My lower leaves have gone yellow some of them but that was when I had a nute burn issue and they are slowly going away/ falling off so that’s ok! I will definitely send a natural light picture in a few hours time for you to look at ! And another thing the lower leaves some have like a white tip? Again thanks

Hi. Stupid question. Are you sure? 2.5 ml is probably insignificant in 10 litres. Maybe an eye dropper full. At six weeks you should be at 27ml per A and 27ml per B.

Are you using the other nutrients on the chart?

Hi. Stupid question. Are you sure? 2.5 ml is probably insignificant in 10 litres. Maybe an eye dropper full. At six weeks you should be at 27ml per A and 27ml per B.

Are you using the other nutrients on the chart?

yeah one million percent sure!!
In order I use per 10l mix:
1ml calmag
2.5ml canna a
2.5ml canna b
8ml Rhizotonic

and yes that was my question I should be adding way more but I have not and they are doing good but I’ve been seeing others feed charts and getting a bit skeptic! But yes that’s exactly what I use there and the growth is still occurring and they-have been flowering for like 4-5 weeks now!

I’m totally lost now! But I’ve been feeding it the same since the start basically and this is all making me think I’m doing it wrong but the growth is occurring.

Also I started by following this spreadsheet by @gr865 - still am using it!

Attachments

• D9598AF8-AD02-4621-8776-98127F3FFA90.png
    D9598AF8-AD02-4621-8776-98127F3FFA90.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 110
Are you 5 weeks into flower or from seedling? I’ve never grown in coir, so I just don’t feel comfortable giving you advice. :goodluck: :nomo::tommy:

Are you 5 weeks into flower or from seedling? I’ve never grown in coir, so I just don’t feel comfortable giving you advice. :goodluck: :nomo::tommy:
I’m 5-6 weeks from cutting, still in veg not flowering yet! & crap need some help! I’ve been seeing others use 40ml per 10l and I’m using 2.5ml a and b per 1 and everything just seems to go well! Frightening !

Back
Top Bottom