Coconut water in feed schedule

Anyone using coconut water in their feed and or teas?

I know many who use if for clones but I'm near week 7 of flower and was going to use it as a Potassium booster and because I was drinking it while mixing nutes. And I grow in coco, so heck why not?

Just wondering the suggested amount per gallon?

Thanks in advance,

Dabber

Hi Dabber -- I like the idea of adding coconut to your coconut, but that's kind of an expensive source of potassium, isn't it? Me, think I'd just drink it.

Hi Dabber -- I like the idea of adding coconut to your coconut, but that's kind of an expensive source of potassium, isn't it? Me, think I'd just drink it.
I just added it more for fun.... I would agree with you. Just thought it's a kind of neat boost for a fully organic soil grow.

I only added a tbs to my gallon. Do you even think that makes a difference? Or would I have to essentially add nutes to my coconut water for it to be of value?

Coconut water is pretty dilute except for sugar if I remember correctly. (The last time I drank it was on a vacation to Maui, appropriately enough.) You could probably use is as a base instead of starting with RO. ;)

I have been using it. I first tried it with some houseplants. A few of the vine like plants took right off.

Then I tried it in my water a few times. Increasing the amount each time roughly. Last batch I made 3-4 gallons of RO water and 3/4 can of pure organic coconut water, no sugar etc.

Plants loved it. If I understand it correctly the coconut water has some type of growth stimulant, like sprouted seed tea's, and I continue to use it as a tertiary layer of effectiveness.

The soil and soil food web is doing all the heavy lifting. A coconut water is just that. A cool coconut water on the beach in Hawaii. For plants. Who doesn't like that.

I could be out to lunch

Edit: I water once with plain, once with aerated compost tea, once with water, once with aloe and coconut water

I have been using it. I first tried it with some houseplants. A few of the vine like plants took right off.

Then I tried it in my water a few times. Increasing the amount each time roughly. Last batch I made 3-4 gallons of RO water and 3/4 can of pure organic coconut water, no sugar etc.

Plants loved it. If I understand it correctly the coconut water has some type of growth stimulant, like sprouted seed tea's, and I continue to use it as a tertiary layer of effectiveness.

The soil and soil food web is doing all the heavy lifting. A coconut water is just that. A cool coconut water on the beach in Hawaii. For plants. Who doesn't like that.

I could be out to lunch
Not you thatsssss for sure Morty! Shit is on sale. organic, not from concentrate, no additives, and only a dollar!

Gonna stock up for sure. And in use molasses too. While yes I'm running AN I like to add some organic matter for my microbes. Also is some of the in my liquid karma in the form of yucca and sea weed. Anyways, I digress.... the natural sugars from the coconut water also offer healthy carbohydrates for the plant. I'm really intrigued by using a bottle per gallon (one per day) for the first 3 days of a 10 day flush..... guess the best way to find out is to man up and go for it!

Still using? I'm about to try seed to harvest only coconut water..
somebody said an expensive way of adding potassium.. at $5 litre 15ml Alot cheaper than adding nutrient mix, a&b rhizo & booster and whatever else...
A coconut is the biggest seed, that has enough to get a coconut palm tree to set,should be plenty enough for my pissy plants lol..

somebody said an expensive way of adding potassium.. at $5 litre 15ml Alot cheaper than adding nutrient mix, a&b rhizo & booster and whatever else...
A coconut is the biggest seed, that has enough to get a coconut palm tree to set,should be plenty enough for my pissy plants lol..
I'm gonna do some this summer outside. Got a outdoor group grow too if you're interested? I know the season is ending but it's good to start to see some previous outdoor grows as inspiration.

I'm not going to feed them only coconut water but definitely add it with some aloe to my water!

let us know how this goes! I would love to hear/ see your progress!

let us know how this goes! I would love to hear/ see your progress!
Good morning @GRNReaper hope your having a good day my friend.
Unfortunately that post is a couple years old. :Namaste:
You may not get a reply.
Top left corner has the date.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom