Is vaping an isopropyl extraction safe?

jokerlola

I recently cleaned my stainless grinder and Da Buddha vape parts by soaking them in 70% isopropyl alcohol. A friend told me not to throw the alcohol away but to pour it into a shallow baking dish and letting it evaporate and then scraping the dried residue and smoke or vape it. I did pour it into a baking dish and it all evaporated. I'm wondering if this is now safe to vape in my Da Buddha or should I have only used something food grade like Everclear?

I recently cleaned my stainless grinder and Da Buddha vape parts by soaking them in 70% isopropyl alcohol. A friend told me not to throw the alcohol away but to pour it into a shallow baking dish and letting it evaporate and then scraping the dried residue and smoke or vape it. I did pour it into a baking dish and it all evaporated. I'm wondering if this is now safe to vape in my Da Buddha or should I have only used something food grade like Everclear?
Absolutely not. Isopropyl alcohol is not true alcohol. It is made from propane and can be lethal when ingested. Ethanol alcohols only/everclear. It can be purchased on eBay, Amazon and many other companies. Sometimes it can be found locally from liquor store and chemical outlets. Just be sure that it's pure. No additives.

Be safe and good luck

Some rubbing alcohol has additives - but medical grade isopropyl alcohol is just iso and water.
I feel like people just repeat stuff mindlessly without anything to substantiate their claims.
But if I'm wrong then correct me. Grain alcohol here is controlled and requires a permit from the liquor board to purchase - and even though the permit is granted rather easily - the price is triple what it should be and is only sold in 1L bottles. ISO is affordable. Iso also boils off at 180F so if you purge properly then how is it dangerous? If anything BHO is a lot worse. There's definitely additives in that crap.

Absolutely not. Isopropyl alcohol is not true alcohol. It is made from propane and can be lethal when ingested. Ethanol alcohols only/everclear. It can be purchased on eBay, Amazon and many other companies. Sometimes it can be found locally from liquor store and chemical outlets. Just be sure that it's pure. No additives.

Be safe and good luck
I agree you’re much better off and safer with ethanol, getting it depends on your location (state/country). In CA, you cannot buy 190 proof everclear, only 151 proof. It is possible to get “food grade” ethanol for extractors, but it’s pricey, and you have to be careful and read the description/ingredients carefully, sometimes it’s been denatured.

Great article
Clean oil…

June 28, 2017

CANNABIS OIL QWET EXTRACTION BATTLE OF THE WASH: DRY ICE VS. FREEZER​

Back
Top Bottom