It's like she's collapsing under her own weight now

HigherDrifter

All these broken and braking(?) branches can't handle the weight of all the buds...

Found another one this morning...a big branch, on the ground.

This keeps up, I'm not gonna have anything left to try out in my new drying room. That would suck.

Just a thought from a newbee....tomato cages or whatever are good for both LST and upwards supporting of heavy fruit :) If you have noting in place now and are growing in pots you can run stakes from the outside of the pots without damaging the roots.....same goes for inground I guess.

Some folks stake around their plants like a teepee. That way they can tie them wherever needed. Goat wire, which is 4"x4" spaced woven wire, is often used around bushes too.

Yep! You definitely need to start staking those sagging branches to prevent this kind of damage!

Get some bamboo stakes and some wire ties (I use pipe cleaners) and gently wrap the wire ties around the branches and secure it to the stakes you stick in the soil around the base of your plant.

Most high yielding plants will need to be staked before harvest.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

How tall are your plants now, HigherDrifter?

How tall are your plants now, HigherDrifter?

No longer "plants"...the youngest got ripped out by the winds.

Remaining plant is now 8 feet on the highest cola (was 9 foot 3 inches 3 weeks+ ago).

I've got her main stalk shored & staked to the ground in two places. I've got all the structurally questionable branches anchored to the main stalk with gardener's tape.

Cut back on the watering and feeding. Might be one more watering and feeding before harvest.

Dunno.

Back
Top Bottom