JohnBoy's Winter Grow 2014 - Critical Kush

I always build my nutes up to my desired ppm and rarely have to add water back into it. I was wondering if anyone just adds all their nutes to the water at full strength then just adds water to bring it down to the desired ppm, when I think about doing it that way it kinda makes sense because then you have all the right ratios mixed in and then you just have to work on hitting your ppm. Never read anything about someone doing it that way.

Man I'm getting bored in here by myself again. Nobody to talk to just gonna have to talk to myself. By the way I belive it is day 5 of 12/12, but don't quote me on that since I don't have my journal in front of me. I'll be back in a little bit with pics but I guess it just gonna be me and myself admiring them. Quick questions if anyone out there is listening, my plant right in the middle seems to be yellowing of sure if it's the light making it seem that way or not but a few days ago another one was in that spot and looked yellow also. Maybe it's just the hps light spectrum playing with my eyes.

Hey John!

Your ladies look pretty good to me, I wish I could offer some input on why some of your plants are acting up, however I don't have much experience growing soilless... I will offer what advice I can however!

When I mix my nutrients, I usually add them into the gallon of water. Most nutrients shouldn't be mixed before being exposed to water first. I just pour my nutrients extremely precisely in to my little measuring tool and then into the water. I have to subtract the ppm of my tap water from my final ppm, however you shouldn't have to worry about that with an RO machine!

When your plants encounter deficiencies you should just up the dose of whatever nutrient has the most of whatever your plants need...

I hope that helps at all, I can post in some other growers threads and ask them to head on over and input some advice.. Don't know if it will work but its worth a try!

Good luck my friend, I will be here now so don't plan on gettin' too lonely! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is a picture of the lady's this morning, they seem to be moving a tad bit slow 707 still has signs of nitrogen toxicity hopefully that will clear up.

This is the girl in the middle I think she might have magnesium problems, I know it's hard to see in the picture. I'll probably up the calmag till it clears.

Thanks for joining the show Maxyields and Throwdo

Any one have any experience with terpinator and floranectar. I called about the terp since I've been told and seen it online that it doesn't affect ppm, turns out I'm not the first didn't think I would be they say it's usually between 100-200ppm jump I got almost 200 with my 15m per gal :/ wish it didn't jump so much. The girl on the phone said she wonders where that rumor came from(she mentioned that during testing there were a few cases were it didn't affect ppm) so FYI TERPINATOR WILL AFFECT YOUR PPM. It also affects ph a little bit(another claim I heard said it doesn't.) Thankfully I'm not an idiot and check my ppm after each addition of any substance.

Here is a picture of the girls before lights today. Time for poker night.

Pictures from today.

Is this magnesium def?

Critical

Everything together

Morning here are some more pictures. I also did a bit of pruning but these pictures are from before doing it.

These are the 3 girls in 2 gal pots, ran out of time to flush them yesterday so I got them today.

Here are some pics of some thick bitched stems and my roots blowing through the phatsacks, must really be liking the voodoo juice.

Lookin' really good my friend, those roots look great! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your ladies look happy and healthy as well! Did that light discoloration (that you asked if was magnesium def.) go away after the flush or did you just need add a picture of her this morning?

Cheers friend!

Lookin' really good my friend, those roots look great! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your ladies look happy and healthy as well! Did that light discoloration (that you asked if was magnesium def.) go away after the flush or did you just need add a picture of her this morning?

Cheers friend!

The first pic I posted yesterday was the plant that had problems. I flushed it last night, still looks the same but gonna give it another day or two to see if it clears up. As far as I can tell that one is the only one really affected by it, and has slowed up a little bit(it's also the middle plant I expect it to stay a little shorter than the rest)

Day 11 of 12/12

So here is a picture the all the ladies from this morning. I put a filter on it to get rid of the yellowing affect of the light. Anyway as far as I can tell they are doing great Id probably rate them at 7.5-8 out of 10. I Think I'm digging the feeding schedule I'm on which is feed all week flush on the weekends. Almost got the nutes completely dialed in on the critical, getting there with the 707. Next run of this will be great I should avoid the nitrogen toxicity near the end of veg which will be great, enough rambling here you go.

Wish I had more pics

Lookin awesome dude! It's an awese feeling when you understand what a specific strain needs!

Can't wait to see those big beautiful buds!!:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks man. I can't wait either, I'm dying just sitting there watching them grow each day.

Here are some more picture after feeding, also did a little tucking and tying down. If anyone has a problem with me using filters on my photos I don't really care, it gets the yellow out and is a closer representation of what the plants look like when not under that light.

This is a few pictures of the one in the middle that I thought was a mag def. Today I noticed that some of the flowers on other plants that are getting close to the middle are starting to look the same. Could this be a problem with my light? I moved it up about an inch today putting it around a foot above the plants. I'm running a 600w HPS.

image19318.jpg
image19317.jpg
image19316.jpg

Not much to see since they are still training under the net.

image19346.jpg

So I raised my light and the yellowing is disappearing;) looks like I'm going to have to raise the ceiling of the box before this grow is over. Anyway plants are looking great now i'd rate them at 8/10. They have covered most of the screen, it's time to stop training them and let these babies grow long and thick :) I felt so bad taking clones from them today. I took two from my best Mama Cass pheno and two from the best Wilma pheno(Critical Kush). I'm thinking about germinating two or three of my Shoreline seeds from Devils Harvest, but there are a few other beans I might do instead. Also bought a nice little grow tent today that I'm gonna use for cloning and vegging, it's approximately 4 1/2' long 2' deep and 4' tall. Time to take a dab peace, here are a couple pics.

image19444.jpg
image19445.jpg
image19446.jpg
image19447.jpg

Hey everyone time for an update it's day 22 of 12/12 everything is looking alright

Here is the 707.
image19860.jpg
image19861.jpg

Mama
image19865.jpg
image19867.jpg
image19866.jpg

Wilma
image19868.jpg
image19874.jpg
image19872.jpg
image19870.jpg
image19876.jpg

Here are the Mama and Wilma clones.
image19877.jpg
image19878.jpg

I popped 2 Shoreline seeds from Devils Harvest. I'm pretty sure they are a cross between Oasis and Sensi Skunk so it should be a nice Indica. I'm totally psyched for this one. I also popped 2 bag seeds of what is suppose to be northern lights. I'm also pretty sure oasis is northern lights #2 back crossed. One of the Shoreline seeds thought it's okay to let it's roots grow up out of the medium.
image19879.jpg
image19880.jpg

Everything is looking great my friend!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't believe that lady grew her roots upwards... You might want to take some of that water out of the tray so they aren't so saturated, perhaps the tap root doesn't know which way to stretch to because water is so abundant? Just thinking out loud, maybe someone else will chime in, I've never seen that before!

Otherwise your ladies are all looking pretty chunky!!! Gonna look beautiful at the end :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everything is looking great my friend!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't believe that lady grew her roots upwards... You might want to take some of that water out of the tray so they aren't so saturated, perhaps the tap root doesn't know which way to stretch to because water is so abundant? Just thinking out loud, maybe someone else will chime in, I've never seen that before!

Otherwise your ladies are all looking pretty chunky!!! Gonna look beautiful at the end :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Max. I watered right before taking those pics that's why it looks so wet, they were a little to dry when I went in there. Checked them today and that girls root looks like it came out the top then dug it's way back in, she is about to pop out of the starter block probably by tomorrow morning. I've never used these block and was a little worried if they were going to be able to poke through the stuff I stuffed in the holes. I'm ready for this shoreline, if I end up with a male from the northerns I dropped I'll most likely try to pollinate part of the best shoreline. I want to breed but won't get into it high time till later down the road, just a little messing around. The most I'll do is breed the two plants then cross it back with the father, won't take it farther than that and name it after something related to michigan maybe Great Lakes Light. Anyone out there know of any strains that came from Michigan?

Here is a picture my girl took this morning. I'll try and hold myself back and do another update next weekend, can't wait to see the difference between the pictures.
image19932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom