Just found my cat sunbathing in the 400w

Guess it all depends how important your finished product is to you. If you want a pest free happy growing environment then the measures I stated are extremely important.
Keep in mind I send my product to cup every year so I strive for excellence. I prefer there be no stray hair from animals as well as dander, mold etc etc and I'm positive my patients appreciate that

Guess it all depends how important your finished product is to you. If you want a pest free happy growing environment then the measures I stated are extremely important.
Keep in mind I send my product to cup every year so I strive for excellence. I prefer there be no stray hair from animals as well as dander, mold etc etc and I'm positive my patients appreciate that

wow I'm not even sure what to say to that, so much (hidden) hostility there. I didn't mean to offend you by questioning the validity of your argument, merely trying to offer another perspective to the mix.

wow I'm not even sure what to say to that, so much (hidden) hostility there. I didn't mean to offend you by questioning the validity of your argument, merely trying to offer another perspective to the mix.

I'm sorry if it came off as that. That's not what I intended. I didn't think you or anyone would take it that way Lol. I've just been doing this long enough to have seen pepoles pets mess up alot of hard work.

Interesting you feel hostility cause I'm just here to help.

Some times truth can be perceived as hostility. It's all about your personal mind set and what the reader wants to read. Nothing was hidden I just base it on facts that's all. Sending you good vibes.
:Namaste:

IMG_019236.jpg

I have had a squatter in my flower room for quite a while. The guy just lays around and sleeps all day - stoner. He used to live in a church, but got to drinking so much that he was kicked out of there. Lived in a bar for awhile but there was a mean cat there. He lived under a bridge in a small town, but they tore it down to rebuild it and he tells me that he can't live under a cement bridge and they don't make wood bridges any more.

He's gotton off the booze now. Just eats the fan leaves. I told him - no permanent guests. He can have a female troll over for the night, but nothing permanent. He told me "Females come, females go. They may come more than once, but they always go." Fair enough.

Wish he'd help out once in a while ...

~ Auggie ~

IMG_019236.jpg

I have had a squatter in my flower room for quite a while. The guy just lays around and sleeps all day - stoner. He used to live in a church, but got to drinking so much that he was kicked out of there. Lived in a bar for awhile but there was a mean cat there. He lived under a bridge in a small town, but they tore it down to rebuild it and he tells me that he can't live under a cement bridge and they don't make wood bridges any more.

He's gotton off the booze now. Just eats the fan leaves. I told him - no permanent guests. He can have a female troll over for the night, but nothing permanent. He told me "Females come, females go. They may come more than once, but they always go." Fair enough.

Wish he'd help out once in a while ...

~ Auggie ~

Seriously, the shit you come up with.... what the hell are you smoking?

..and can I get a hit?

I'm sorry but that seems a tad extreme, while i can agree that allowing pets to come and go from your grow unchecked is a bad idea as they can inadvertently hurt your girls. I can not and will not EVER believe that you need to ban your pets from your grow entirely, or that you need to wear "fresh" clothes when working on your crop. This is a weed people, it grows quite fine outdoors without any human help, where every critter known to man (and some that aren't) come into direct or indirect contact with your ladies all day everyday. If what you were proposing was true then there would quite literally be no pot anywhere on the planet, because it would have died out ages ago. MJ is one tough plant, and while we can do our best to give it the best environment possible to grow ... it really doesn't need us to survive. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can only speak from my experience, and from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be too much to worry about so long as you use some basic common sense and close attention to what your girls are telling you.

Weed can certainly grow on its own, but good, medicinal weed takes meticulous attention to detail. I'm sure Dutty was not being hostile, just offering his thoughts on his grow experience

poor cats. you know they usually take this abuse lying down too. I totally get dutty there, to me it is a hobby, to dutty I believe it's something more. like a job maybe. I started a different thread about the stuff I am finding in my buds, and no bud washing is gonna get those fibers out of there either. some fibres get stuck in there early and the bud grows around them.

however,

P1140457.JPG

my cats stay, in my studio, which my lab/room is part of. they come into my room when I am in there, but the door is closed when I am not. lots of times they are sleeping in the studio when I am not there. if I pay for my leniency, well, my fault I guess. I hope they get a good buzz, they deserve one

Seriously, the shit you come up with.... what the hell are you smoking?

..and can I get a hit?

What do you mean "come up with"? I didn't come up with that - it's the story as told to me by The Troll. He has a 'friend' that lives with him too, though I suspect it is an imaginary friend as I've never seen him. He met a mouse while living in the church, but the mouse is a recovering drunk too (his wife ran off with some rat and broke his heart) and they both got 86'd from the church for getting into the sacramental wine. He and the mouse stayed friends after being booted from the church and the mouse lived in a shithouse for a while - but was getting too crazy. So now he crashes with The Troll once in a while.

Did you know that a troll can't tell you his name? He can be introduced by someone who already knows it, but he can't tell you himself.

I swear, everything I tell you is true.

~ Auggie ~

I call my Wife's Bengal the defoliator, He has a pelt rather than hair or fur, sheds very little but I still have a HEPA on the Intake, cats can carry not to mention fur, powdery mildew, mold, etc its because the walk so close to the ground knats mites and ticks hitch rides all the time. They can and will cause havoc in the indoor grow room.

As far as plants outside go it is very different then the monoculture of indoor growing, outdoors mother nature balances the food chain well, there are predators for every pest and plants have adapted to attracting good predators and repelling bad predators, Cannabis is a fine example of this plant.

However Indoors needs to be kept free of all bad insects and predacious things. Simply because the balance indoors is kept in check by the grower, no predatory insects spores molds mildews. Eliminate them all and have a stress free Plant.

^^^ That is the Difference ^^^

But it is much easier to battle an outbreak on one or to plants than it would be in Dutty's case

I did not detect any Hostility from Dutty either.

What do you mean "come up with"? I didn't come up with that - it's the story as told to me by The Troll. He has a 'friend' that lives with him too, though I suspect it is an imaginary friend as I've never seen him. He met a mouse while living in the church, but the mouse is a recovering drunk too (his wife ran off with some rat and broke his heart) and they both got 86'd from the church for getting into the sacramental wine. He and the mouse stayed friends after being booted from the church and the mouse lived in a shithouse for a while - but was getting too crazy. So now he crashes with The Troll once in a while.

Did you know that a troll can't tell you his name? He can be introduced by someone who already knows it, but he can't tell you himself.

I swear, everything I tell you is true.

~ Auggie ~

Can you PLEASE start a thread on the adventures of The Troll and his companion mouse?? :high-five:

Can you PLEASE start a thread on the adventures of The Troll and his companion mouse?? :high-five:

He really does have quite a story.
I haven't heard all of it ... but, he's had an interesting life so far.
He's not that old either. He's only 108 - and trolls live to be up to 500.

~ Auggie ~

He really does have quite a story.
I haven't heard all of it ... but, he's had an interesting life so far.
He's not that old either. He's only 108 - and trolls live to be up to 500.

~ Auggie ~

For God's sake Auggie, share with me your smoke.. then share with me the story of the troll. Must say I do always enjoy reading your posts, you always brighten up any thread you seem to post in.

auggie is spot on about having a troll,, i think everyone should have one,, kinda like a ghost,, even if you don't think you have one, believe that you do and you do,, we have a troll. have not seen him in a while but we have had some great times together,, this is us fishing down in marble falls texas,, he outfished me too, the punk,,

P10107353.JPG

I'm sorry if it came off as that. That's not what I intended. I didn't think you or anyone would take it that way Lol. I've just been doing this long enough to have seen pepoles pets mess up alot of hard work.

Interesting you feel hostility cause I'm just here to help.

It was more the way in which you were addressing the topic that came across as hostile to me, and something I would rather avoid when it comes to dealing with my girls, they are the thing that calms me after a hard day, last thing I want is hostility and anger attached to that. And as such maybe I over reacted to the way you were explaining yourself, sort of removing myself from the situation before it became a situation, does that make any sense? For that I am sorry, I really should have stuck it out and allowed you to further explain yourself rather than just "shutting down" so to speak.

Now on topic, I guess it all boils down to personal preference, I personally don't mind my animals coming into the room where my girls are (2-3 feet away, I fear accidental plant breakage if the dog gets hyper for some reason), both inside and outside, the main reason is because an old grower friend of mine told me dogs are one of the best deterrents for most non-insect pests (i.e. mice, deer, rabbits, etc) and so far I haven't had a problem with mice attacking my girls (other than one failed grow when I did lock the dogs out of the room, mice ate the seedlings flush with the ground... little bastards). I tried setting traps but I think all I accomplished was advertising that there was food in that room, after allowing the dogs to come in and visit (when I'm in there) seems to have stopped the mice entirely.

I can't and won't say that this is the ideal solution for everyone, because obviously it isn't, but for me I would rather take a couple hairs here and there, then have my plants nipped off at the ground before they can even start to grow.

awe what a nice ending to a seemingly stressed situation, interpretation is everything, and on the internet it is difficult to assess someone's sensitivity level. I would not have taken Dutty's comments as hostile, difference being is I have no feelings, or maybe one I think, from years of hanging around with men who banter with each other, and call each other names and harass each other.

I have been caught so many times voicing my opinion on the interweb with more sensitive individuals or our more naturally more sensitive counter parts.

We should all have the ability to reason before we make assumption's that someone is being hostile, like imagining the person saying it in real life and what that might sound like, and it never hurts to ask for clarification ie: "Did you mean ______? when you said _____?" then when you confirm hostility you can react.

No use losing sleep over hurt feelings.

It was more the way in which you were addressing the topic that came across as hostile to me, and something I would rather avoid when it comes to dealing with my girls, they are the thing that calms me after a hard day, last thing I want is hostility and anger attached to that. And as such maybe I over reacted to the way you were explaining yourself, sort of removing myself from the situation before it became a situation, does that make any sense? For that I am sorry, I really should have stuck it out and allowed you to further explain yourself rather than just "shutting down" so to speak.

Now on topic, I guess it all boils down to personal preference, I personally don't mind my animals coming into the room where my girls are (2-3 feet away, I fear accidental plant breakage if the dog gets hyper for some reason), both inside and outside, the main reason is because an old grower friend of mine told me dogs are one of the best deterrents for most non-insect pests (i.e. mice, deer, rabbits, etc) and so far I haven't had a problem with mice attacking my girls (other than one failed grow when I did lock the dogs out of the room, mice ate the seedlings flush with the ground... little bastards). I tried setting traps but I think all I accomplished was advertising that there was food in that room, after allowing the dogs to come in and visit (when I'm in there) seems to have stopped the mice entirely.

I can't and won't say that this is the ideal solution for everyone, because obviously it isn't, but for me I would rather take a couple hairs here and there, then have my plants nipped off at the ground before they can even start to grow.

If you have mice,deer and rabbits in your indoor you have much worse problems then letting you travelling pest and mold carrier (dog) in.
Hairs isn't my concern with animals it's failed or infested crops. If I was purchasing smoke or medicine bag a grown by a grower that allows pets in room or bag b thst that grower has sealed clean sanitary room I'm picking bag b every time.

If things are working for you then keep doing what your doing but bad things may happen.

Back
Top Bottom