Just found my cat sunbathing in the 400w

It was more the way in which you were addressing the topic that came across as hostile to me, and something I would rather avoid when it comes to dealing with my girls, they are the thing that calms me after a hard day, last thing I want is hostility and anger attached to that. And as such maybe I over reacted to the way you were explaining yourself, sort of removing myself from the situation before it became a situation, does that make any sense? For that I am sorry, I really should have stuck it out and allowed you to further explain yourself rather than just "shutting down" so to speak.

Now on topic, I guess it all boils down to personal preference, I personally don't mind my animals coming into the room where my girls are (2-3 feet away, I fear accidental plant breakage if the dog gets hyper for some reason), both inside and outside, the main reason is because an old grower friend of mine told me dogs are one of the best deterrents for most non-insect pests (i.e. mice, deer, rabbits, etc) and so far I haven't had a problem with mice attacking my girls (other than one failed grow when I did lock the dogs out of the room, mice ate the seedlings flush with the ground... little bastards). I tried setting traps but I think all I accomplished was advertising that there was food in that room, after allowing the dogs to come in and visit (when I'm in there) seems to have stopped the mice entirely.

I can't and won't say that this is the ideal solution for everyone, because obviously it isn't, but for me I would rather take a couple hairs here and there, then have my plants nipped off at the ground before they can even start to grow.

Hi all, I just want to add my 2 cents. Duttys' response did not in any way come off as hostile. I wont belabor the point but this is a public forum and we have many opinionated members who are passionate about this hobby. Perhaps you read a little bit too much into what was said.
Having pets in ones grow room is certainly a matter of choice, all he was saying is "This is NOT a good practice" and explained why.
If the facts/truth feels 'hostile' you always have the option of clicking off of the thread.
Hopefully my response wont be construed as 'hostile' to you, but simply another opinion. :peace:

Hi all, I just want to add my 2 cents. Duttys' response did not in any way come off as hostile. I wont belabor the point but this is a public forum and we have many opinionated members who are passionate about this hobby. Perhaps you read a little bit too much into what was said.
Having pets in ones grow room is certainly a matter of choice, all he was saying is "This is NOT a good practice" and explained why.
If the facts/truth feels 'hostile' you always have the option of clicking off of the thread.
Hopefully my response wont be construed as 'hostile' to you, but simply another opinion. :peace:

you know I wrote that apology so that this would end and we could move back onto the topic, as I didn't want any hurt feelings with Dutty to effect any future help either of us might offer. Passionate and opinionated people aren't the problem, it's when they let their ego cloud their passion and opinion that there is a problem. I've already said that I was sorry and that I felt that I maybe overreacted to the situation, so I am unsure just why this seems to be a big deal, at least I realize my error unlike most people on this board who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to admit the possibility that they might be wrong on a subject. Now Personally I think you guy are all up in your sleep about animals being an issue, but that's your opinion and that's fine but this is mine. I have never had an issue with my pets being around my girls, No mold, no pests, no issue whatsoever! I know I'm not the top of the top grower, and I don't sell to a dispensary or anything (not that that really makes anyone an expert or anything just because they sell to a dispensary, any old fool can do it with a bit of effort, a couple contacts, and a little time) I only grow for myself and my wife and what I grow more than works for what we need. That's all I can say or comment on, anything further is opinion and conjecture.

If you have mice,deer and rabbits in your indoor you have much worse problems then letting you travelling pest and mold carrier (dog) in.
Hairs isn't my concern with animals it's failed or infested crops. If I was purchasing smoke or medicine bag a grown by a grower that allows pets in room or bag b thst that grower has sealed clean sanitary room I'm picking bag b every time.

If things are working for you then keep doing what your doing but bad things may happen.

Wow you really are something aren't you... k you do realize I stated both indoor and OUTDOOR pests because I grow both indoors and OUTDOORS right? I'm not a one trick pony like some, so deer and rabbits are an issue, as are plenty of other animals.

Have you honestly ever seen an "infested crop" that you could say 100% without any doubt what so ever that it was caused by animals? and not say people? or your own ineptitude at that time? or maybe even an environmental issue outside of the animals? without having a 100% sealed and clean room, you really don't know anything, sure you can guess what the most likely cause but there can always be things you don't think of that might be causing the "infestation" you were seeing or wanting to see (i.e. you found a cause that you thought was the problem and were happy for it, even if it wasn't the main issue and you only solved the main issue when you tried to solve another issue by accident thus giving credit to the wrong solution). But hey what do I know, I don't supply a dispensary.

BIG deep breath, in through the nose, hold on to it for a few seconds, alright slowly let it out... Pause before inhaling... Okay BIG breath in through the nose... hold it.... Okay out through the mouth... Let the intentions melt away... Let the stress and tension melt away... Okay in through the nose BIG breath in.... hold it... Okay out through the mouth... Feel the tension from around your shoulders melt away.
Breath in through your nose as deep as you can... Hold it... Okay out through your mouth... You are feeling relaxed... Let your body nest in your chair and feel all the negative energy disappear as new green energy streams into the top of your head and fills your body... Okay big deep breath in through your nose... Hold it... Okay breath out... Let that green energy fill all your blood vessels and capillary vessels right down to the molecular level re energizing your body, pushing out sickness and bad energy... Now relax....

ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz..................:welldone:

back when i had my old house with my nice large grow room i had a hell of a fuzz chasing the cats. when they first got in that room they would not leave without a fight :) And if i were to give up the fight and leave them in there ( i did that once) i tell you guys, it was 60 shades of green when i got back. they ate and whipped those plants real good. :jawdropper: NO YOU LITTLE CATS YOU DID NOT!!!!!!

Guess it all depends how important your finished product is to you. If you want a pest free happy growing environment then the measures I stated are extremely important.
Keep in mind I send my product to cup every year so I strive for excellence. I prefer there be no stray hair from animals as well as dander, mold etc etc and I'm positive my patients appreciate that

in that kind of scale i can agree 100% with what your saying. I would not have my pizza guy having pets running around the kitchen either. But if its just for your own supply, do what you want, if someone like the aftertaste of barbecued kitty that is fine by me. I will just pass that miniature tiger joint on to the next man in line :)

What do you mean "come up with"? I didn't come up with that - it's the story as told to me by The Troll. He has a 'friend' that lives with him too, though I suspect it is an imaginary friend as I've never seen him. He met a mouse while living in the church, but the mouse is a recovering drunk too (his wife ran off with some rat and broke his heart) and they both got 86'd from the church for getting into the sacramental wine. He and the mouse stayed friends after being booted from the church and the mouse lived in a shithouse for a while - but was getting too crazy. So now he crashes with The Troll once in a while.

Did you know that a troll can't tell you his name? He can be introduced by someone who already knows it, but he can't tell you himself.

I swear, everything I tell you is true.

~ Auggie ~

The name thing i know for a fact is true. my former motherin law did'nt tell me her name herself either. My girfriend told it to me, so that one is 100% legit i back him up fully any damn day

It was more the way in which you were addressing the topic that came across as hostile to me, and something I would rather avoid when it comes to dealing with my girls, they are the thing that calms me after a hard day, last thing I want is hostility and anger attached to that. And as such maybe I over reacted to the way you were explaining yourself, sort of removing myself from the situation before it became a situation, does that make any sense? For that I am sorry, I really should have stuck it out and allowed you to further explain yourself rather than just "shutting down" so to speak.

Now on topic, I guess it all boils down to personal preference, I personally don't mind my animals coming into the room where my girls are (2-3 feet away, I fear accidental plant breakage if the dog gets hyper for some reason), both inside and outside, the main reason is because an old grower friend of mine told me dogs are one of the best deterrents for most non-insect pests (i.e. mice, deer, rabbits, etc) and so far I haven't had a problem with mice attacking my girls (other than one failed grow when I did lock the dogs out of the room, mice ate the seedlings flush with the ground... little bastards). I tried setting traps but I think all I accomplished was advertising that there was food in that room, after allowing the dogs to come in and visit (when I'm in there) seems to have stopped the mice entirely.

I can't and won't say that this is the ideal solution for everyone, because obviously it isn't, but for me I would rather take a couple hairs here and there, then have my plants nipped off at the ground before they can even start to grow.

Yeah you gotta hate when them damn deers get in to your growroom, i friggin hate when it happens. I did not know they were so good at using the doorhandles and walking up stairs, untill one day when i was going in to my room. I got sucker punched by one and before i got up, i saw a hole damn gang of them leave my growroom carrying all my shit in their hoves.those bastards.

*LOL* 4 post in a row realy. sorry for that guys. i just keeped finding stuff people said i had to reply on. again guys sorry. seems a bit troll-ish (and not in that cool auggie way)

Sorry for my ruff language about my cats *LOL* i will never write the uncensored version og Bustards and Glitches again Sorry did'nt mean too talk nasty but thats how we talk around here (at my place)

So refering to my female dog as a "Glitch" as she by term is. Will also be out of the question from now on :)

Good day to all. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom