Kara's Bible - Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY recirculating DWC system - Master Kush grow

Found 2 tiny nats, not sure where they came from... Bought one of these. They attract nats that land on the leaves because they are sweet, and the plant kills it and absorbs it.... Nice. It loves, loves loves small flies and nats..... My buddy has 2 and they really do work.. He has absolutely no pests... Meet Pinguicula moctezumae

Gnats can get in moist damp places and lay eggs. They sorta look like little worms or maggots. I got some in a crock of pickled beans. Had to dump the whole thing out. Just have had some real good luck using DE but I am using soil and coated the top of the soil and around all the holes in the bottom of the pot. You really want to be pro active on them, they will feed on your roots.

Wow just read about the plant!! Got to get me one of those!! They seem to have quite a few that are carnivorous to choose from!
Fall 2010 Carnivorous Plant Sale Price List

I really think that 2 nats where a flook. But Im not taking a chance. My house is brand new, the basement is immaculate, and the Grow Room is pretty well sealed.... So I think when I left the door open for awhile the other day, and had some soda cans and a banana peel close by that had been chillin while I was working.... who knows... Im sure it wont be a problem. My last grow area down here had no nats.... Oh and thanks Smokey, thanks!, they are coming in nicely I must say..

WEEK 3 - Day 1- Veg:
Lights: 600w HPS - 24hrs.
Nutrients: 50ml each of GH Micro, Gro, Bloom
Temp: 75.5 degrees
Humidity: 46%
Well pretty eventful weekend. Clones are way ahead of what I thought. They rooted and contined veg production without any shock or stall. Love it!!! So, instead of waiting another week in the cloner I went ahead and put em in the Veg room with 100ml each of the Micro, Veg, and Bloom in 24 gallons of water.
DSC_01912.jpg

DSC_01922.jpg

They took well, and continue to thrive. The new Veg area worked great, except I forgot to put the Ebb filters in the bottom of the buckets, and a few Hydrton went through and clogged a bucket... Oops! Water everywhere... Atleast I caught it before it dumped 24 gallons... haha.... Anyway, lesson learned... Floor is extra clean...

I installed this too. It measures in 50 ml units and funnels into the res... Should Make adding nutrients easier. The blue collar twists to start or stop the flow.... Walmart baby!!!! Auto department.
DSC_01891.jpg

Here are the newly rooted clones in there new home for the next few weeks....
DSC_01932.jpg

DSC_01951.jpg

First time no soil at all. Usually I start them in some Foxfarm Ocean Forest. So I'm glad to finally be dirt free. Much cleaner environment....

Very nice start to the journal Kara - plus reps for all the thought, planning, and execution. First rate all the way.

Very nice cloner results - I had a hard time stopping leaks though with a similar one.

Can't wait to see how it progresses... :popcorn:

Love the root pics for those clones! They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Well you should be plenty flattered, because when I start cloning I will be copying everything you have done! Those are some amazing results. You definitely have cloning down to an exact science! +reps

*Edit - Seems I have already given you reps recently, I'll get ya next time!

Thanks for the Reps OB-1!. Did you eventually stop the leaks? I have an idea to modify the lid to deflect the water from hitting the seam, but haven't applied it yet.

I got them to a minimum using "great stuff" foam sealer... but it was messy. I eventually went with a fog based cloner, before giving up entirely on active hydro. I'm back cloning in coco now.

I think there are some higher end tubs that have a good top seal.

Love the root pics for those clones! They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Well you should be plenty flattered, because when I start cloning I will be copying everything you have done! Those are some amazing results. You definitely have cloning down to an exact science! +reps

*Edit - Seems I have already given you reps recently, I'll get ya next time!

Thank you! I am very flattered by your flattery. lol. I do appreciate the positive motivation. I would say this last batch was nuts on... I too, will lock this one in...

I got them to a minimum using "great stuff" foam sealer... but it was messy. I eventually went with a fog based cloner, before giving up entirely on active hydro. I'm back cloning in coco now.

I think there are some higher end tubs that have a good top seal.

Yeah there are... The new revised EZ-cloner works great, the lid is designed right. I'll probably just get one of them. It is 10 gallon, Does 30 clones. Way more than I need. But who cares...

Just checkin in... Got these in the mizzel yesterdizzel.... G13 Haze? Anyone grow this before have any advice? Haven't seen anything set in stone on Flowering... The freebies were cool too... Got 5 different seeds. 2 are autoflower which i'll germinate and put outside somewhere maybe... I Love Attitude Seeds... 3rd time ordering, 3rd time satisfied...
DSC_01952.jpg

My Kush are doing great. I went ahead and moved them from the Drip system to the DWC since they had roots coming thru the bottom already, and I do have the 2 600's over there to speed up the Veg... The plants are about 2 " taller. Forgot to take a picture. They took well, haven't stopped growing from the time I clipped them as cuttlings. I am much pleased with the finalized cloning technique I've established....

I'll join the chorus and say what a slick set up you have! And a secret passage, so cool!
Quick question, you said that the bud room stays a constant 78 deg lights on AND off. I was under the impression from my studies that plants do better with a drop in temp during "night", ideally about 7-8 deg. Have you read/do you know something to the contrary?
Aloha!

I'll join the chorus and say what a slick set up you have! And a secret passage, so cool!
Quick question, you said that the bud room stays a constant 78 deg lights on AND off. I was under the impression from my studies that plants do better with a drop in temp during "night", ideally about 7-8 deg. Have you read/do you know something to the contrary?
Aloha!

No, you are correct, in most of my studies, a drop in temperature is ideal. I think once I do the final step of brinfinging in cool "outside the room" air, enough will be sucked into the bud room to take it down a few degrees... Thanks for the compliment.....

WEEK 3 - Day 3- Veg:
Lights: (2) 600w HPS - 24hrs.
Nutrients:
280ml Flora Micro
420ml Flora Gro
140ml Flora Bloom
Temp: 75.5 degrees
Humidity: 48%

Update: Hi all, well to wrap up where we are at. Clone roots started in 6 days not 5 sorry... They stayed in the cloner 16 days total this time, then I did 2 days in the Drip System with 100ml each of GH Flora M-G-B... Still giving 18 days cloning total. The roots hit the mesh bottom and some where already billowing out the sides of the mesh basket inserts within 2 DAYS!!! nice! . I moved them over to the DWC system 2 days ago since it was not being used yet. Normally they would stay in the drip system another 2 weeks. Roots are healthy and the plants never dipped in health. New growth continued thru the entire cloning process without stress or growth stunning. Within the 18 days time I now have full Veg strength capable roots, 2-3 sets of new leaf growth and 1/16 - 1/8 stem diameter increase. and 2-3 inches height growth... Not bad....

Here are some pics...

DSC_02085.jpg

DSC_02054.jpg

DSC_02043.jpg

Heres a close up... Notice all the new production...
DSC_02063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom