KSum - 6 Strains - 2015

..and now that I look at that last picture, you can see all the white hairs sticking out.

I did look at a snip off of it under a microscope. Oddly, about 20% of the trichs are amber, the rest appear to be mostly clear.

I've been reading lately about Reverse Osmosis water filters and how great they are for hydroponic systems. I went looking and nearly purchased one, but something told me to test the water from the tap first.

To my utter amazement our tap water has only 17 PPM!! For many reasons I truly do love living in Oregon.

Well, I let the time slip by again. Here's a quick update.

All of the plants that were in soil are now gone. The last ones were harvested and netted around 1.2-1.4 oz each.

2 of the 3 plants that I transplanted from soil into hydro were just harvested yesterday. Due to their higher density and fuller branches I'm expecting at least 2-2.5 oz each.

There's 1 plant left from those 3 and it's been doing the best I think. It's a Purple Danish that I planted from seed back on December 30th, moved to flower on March 30th and transplanted from soil to hydro April 14th. I could harvest it now, but it's still got a lot of green leaves on it even though I've defoliated it like 3 times. It's also the one that I chopped 2 weeks before moving it to flower. I FIMd it and waited for 4 main branches to emerge. Tied those down to the sides of the pot and cleared out all the rest. Then let all those tops grow up into the middle. I'm hoping for a good size harvest from this one since everyone that has tried it absolutely loves it.
DSC1267.JPG

Meanwhile, the veg room has 12 plants. 3 are regular photoperiod, the rest are autos. 1 of the photo ones is another Purple Danish, 1 is a clone off of that, and one is a clone from the Sugar Black Rose that I just moved into flower a week ago.
DSC1268.JPG

One strain of auto that I'm particularly looking forward to trying out is the Purple Express. I'm looking for somewhere that has seeds of it that aren't autos so I can switch between it and the Purple Danish for some large crops. (8 plants at a time)
Here's a pic of it's flowers. Apparently all of the bud growth is purple, so it should turn out really pretty.
20150621_203833_1_.jpg

I had a scare that I thought was fungus or something growing on the hydrocorn rocks, but it turned out to be excess nutrient buildup on the top surface of the rocks because I didn't have enough in the buckets. I topped them off with more and haven't seen any issues. The plants are healthy and thriving.

I won't be doing autos again once this round is done. I'll be going back to regular photoperiod from seed or clone if I get a good mother going. Autos just don't seem to have the weight that I'm after, and I wont risk going over legal limit to get a SCROG going. So it's back to photoperiod and using LA's tips and techniques to maximize yield. So far on the plants I've used them, I haven't been disappointed. Final weights will tell the tale.

Final weight on the CBD God that I used LA's techniques on was 3 ounces. Not to shabby.

I started with a seed planted back in late December. I started to do the old standard method of waiting for the 3rd node and then snip to get 2 branches. Then I read about FIM. So I went down to the second node and FIMd it. I ended up with 6 mains.

I tied the mains outward to let them get as much light as possible and let it sit in veg for 3 months. When I put it into flower I trimmed off excess branches to allow just the mains to grow out and bud. When it was about 2 months into flower I snipped the very tip of the tops of the mains according to LA's BackBuilding technique. The last 6 weeks in flower in fattened up and got heavy and dense. Had to tie the mains up to bamboo poles.

So basically, the more you can train your plant during veg to spread out and have as many tops as possible the more bud you're gonna get. Forget about the books that say you want the champagne glass shape. It's more of a Margarita Goblet shape you want. :)

Other plants that I used those techniques on produced similar results. 2 oz from one, 2.5 from another. It will be exciting to see what the plants will produce that start and end in hydro. Those last 3 were started in soil and transplanted to hydro about 2 weeks into flower.

It's been a while but I wanted to throw out an update.

All of the autos are in full flower and (hopefully) nearing the end of their cycle. (8-10 weeks from seed to harvest my ass..)

I did do an experiment with a couple of the autos and snipped them at the second node when they were very tiny. This seems to have worked out and I've got to full branches on those instead of just one.

I planted the next batch of seeds this past week. 6 Purple Danish regular non-auto. I plan on bushing these out and hoping for at least 3 females. The first Purple Danish I did turned out awesome and everyone that tried it loved it, so I'm attempting to duplicate that on a larger scale. If I can get a pound out of it then maybe I can finally sell some to the dispensary and recoup some of my costs for growing.

I'll post pictures in a few days.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

All is good. I'm basically waiting for the autoflowers that I planted back on 4/20 to finish. I'm quite disappointed in how they did. They are the only seeds where I had a 50% mortality rate before they ever poked their heads into the light. Despite my efforts to keep the lights close, they grew almost to tall for the room, and they grow so fast that none of the stalks are strong enough to hold everything up, so they're all tied up on bamboo poles looking like restrained prisoners awaiting torture.

I do need to post some pics of the new batch of Purple Danish. I have a feeling this batch will be my best to date.

I have to do some trimming on them in a day or two, so I'll start taking pictures and get them up soon.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

All is well.

Update:

- The autos were a little disappointing. I expected that they would take longer than the 12 weeks from seed to harvest that the breeder advertised. I planted them all on 4/20 :D and I have 1 left that will come out next week. I had Photoperiod plants that matured faster and gave better yield.

- Sugar Black Rose (photo) is an excellent plant. I trimmed the heck out of it in the beginning, and in the end it gave nearly 6 ounces. I'm very tempted to do several of those in the next round.

- I've decided to cut down to 6 plants from the current 18. Since my mom died her medical card is technically no longer valid and expires in January, and the other patient I grow for is whining about the price, but turns around and sells half of it and still makes a profit. I'm planning to just drop him and cut down to my own 6. Fewer plants to focus on, and more room to bush them out.

- About 6 weeks ago I planted 6 of the Oregon Purple Danish seeds. They've been growing like crazy and I've already done 2 rounds of FIM on them. I think I'll stop there, set their buckets aside temporarily and clean the entire hydro system. There's dirt and algae buildup and dead roots floating around that I need to get rid of.

- In dropping down to 6 plants I can also decrease the number of lights I'm running. So the electric bill will come down a bit.

I'll see about getting some pictures up once I've cleaned everything and got the new 6 situated.

Thanks for following. I know it's been a sporadic journal with some chunks missing.

Back
Top Bottom