Lady troubles!

joan

i planted some seeds in 1 inch rockwall cubes.. i waited a couple of weeks till they had suficient amount of roots then i transplanted them straight into 4 inch rockwall cubes that were sitting in my nft tray and after i sorted the ph and the nutes in my rez i put the pump on and started feeding straight away... things were ok for the first week, i kept the ph at 5.8 and my nutes were ok at 560 ppm then after 1 week i started seeing deficiencies and my plants stunted!!! if i have a look at the 4 inch rockwall cubes that my plants are in u cant really see any roots coming out the sides of it yet and its been almost 3 weeks now :eek:( !!!! should i of let them take root first through the 4 inch rockwall cubes before moving them to my nft tray which is what i didn't do!!! is that why my plants showed deficiencies and then stunted, are the roots having trouble breathing coz no air is getting to them or something!!! i may not be able to fully repair the damage that has been done but at least if i can understand what and why it went wrong then at least i wont make the same mistake again so any input would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks guys!! :eek:)

hey mr weed how u doing!! when u say pump timing ,do u mean how long do i leave my pump on for coz if so then i leave the pump on constantly as far as getting the roots soaked enough or to much, well u cant really see any roots coming out of the 4 inch rookwall cubes which after getting my hands on a little hand book today that explains a few things about the nft system that i'm using, it says that when u transplant it from the 1 inch cube to a 4 inch cube that u should wait for the roots to to suficiently grow through the 4 inch rockwall cube before placing it into the nft tray where the roots then take root in the spreader mat that they sit on top of which is what i didn't do!!! i now get a cup and scoop out some water from my rez and pour it over the top of the rockwall cubes twice a day so at least the roots inside the rockwall are getting fed!!! so now i'm pretty shore what the broblem is with me not letting the roots root out the sides of the 4 inch cubes before moving then into my nft system, the question is why scientifically this has happend!! what exacterly is going on with my roots inside my cubes, are they suffering coz there not getting much air if any and do i take it that no matter what size rockwall cubes u are using and no matter what growing set up u are using that u should always let the roots root out the sides of the cubes before moving them into your grow set up!!! thanks for replying to me mr weed and any answers to my questions would be appreciated guys!!! thank u :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom