Seeds problem

englishgrower

Hi guys

I tried the water in cup method, after 48 hours, 4 had cracked and had roots showing, i planted the 4 in 4 moist rockwall cubes, root facing down, seed shell near the surface, covered them over and left them, i also plabted the 5th that hadnt cracked, the next day the 5th one had cracked and is now almost upright standing, the other 4 are still no nearer to shedding the shell, when i looked more closely at one, it only had about 7mm of a root showing.its been 2 full days now in those conditions...

what do you think, will the other 4 be ok? or have i done something wrong?

its the first time i have tried this method, usually i just plant the seeds in the rockwalls, and cover them over, and 48-72 hours later they all usually come up.
all help gratefully received:thanks:

be patient my son. are they bagseed? sometimes the genetics of bagseed are shitty and they can't survive the early stage. it's prolly a little too early to say that, so give it another day or so. i've read stuff about putting the seed in the soil a little deeper though. the root def. goes down, but i thought you were supposed to put it like a 1/4 or 1/2 inch down...

i literally planted them just below the surface, it looks like i may have one more coming up now. so 3 left still in same position. maybe i should of planted them deeper...

thing is , is it a good idea to mess about with them now lol, i mean move/replant them, thanks for help guys

ph is as it should be, and also i use a nute, in very small dose for this stage, cant remember its name, i think i will stick to the moist rockwall cudes from now on though, its always worked with great sucess for me

yeah, thats about right for what i did, well i may have two euphoria hopefully, unless others pick up... if not, i have just planted 2 super lemon haze (ghsc) and one G13 Pure power (freebie) , so i have options lol, on these new ones i just did the moist cubes, sure i will see movement in 48 hours or so! cheers

it was soaked in water (ph'd) with a nute that i have always used (cant remember name) as i say its always worked perfectly just planting the seeds, rather than water method, so i am sticking to that as 3 of them still havnt come up now. i have 2 euphoria, and have had to get some super lemon haze in there, using the other method of just putting seeds in rockwalls, and surprise surprise, they have all come up already!

andy is right dont soak more than 24 hrs it wiil drowned them,after that a moist paper towel in a dark warm place for 2 days and if they havent cracked and root showing they aint going to .I always put the root down just as far as the root is long and give a easy squeeze in a day 2 tops they are standing up ready to burst the shell.I have 95% success this way in jiffy pucks . good luck

hi again guys
still having problems, but not the same lol, now i have had 2 grow upside down !! root sticking up towards the light, i mean wft is going on now? any ideas?
only thing i am thinking is the heat from the uk weather at the mo, was making my loft/attic very very hot, maybe this is affecting it too.

the first 3 times i grew from seeds, i had virtually 100% success rate, this time i am using a few different types, and am not having much luck at all.
think i may need to start cloning if this carries on.

Back
Top Bottom