Seeds problems, please help!

englishgrower

Hi guys, i have wasted around 15 seeds now, i have been successfull on 3 grows ,until now, using same system, light, nutes, rockwalls, but have had nothing but problems this time.

i use a propogator, a flourescent light, and cubes, before i had nearly 100% success, this time, I have some not coming up at all, some growing upside down??? root coming upwards, this happened on 2, and then i have one, which is only an inch tall, has a few miniture leaves growing, but its not getting any taller, then i had a really healthy big looking diesel seed, which now looks like its dieing, maybe i am overwatering i dont know, but like i say its just not happening, the diesel had quite a few roots showing, and now just looks like its dieing, ph is fine, nutes always worked before, and its the same tent and light, pls help with any advice.

I just need 4 flipping decent babies, and so far have used about 15 seeds, with the 4-5 i do have, just look like their dieing

thanks

SEEDS31.jpg

SEEDS41.jpg

i have some more but all for a moment, having trouble uploading.... same nutes, not old, but i think it may be overwatering, as you can see mould on the cubes, and maybe the stunted growth is again because of the overwatering

Dude those look saturated to me! :thedoubletake:The probability is that you are starving the roots of oxygen. Is that root riot you are using btw? You shouldn't need much nutrient at this stage if it is root riot, as it already has nurient in the cube. Anyway, I digress, yup, you are drowning them unfortunately, the roots growing out and up are probably gasping for air!! The cubes should be damp, but not wet, I grow on in similar cubes before they go on to a hydro system, and I use a pipette just to dampen the cube thoroughly, dip in to solution depress bulb on end of pippete, and squirt the surface, maybe 3 or 4 squirts? yes, every day, same time, remember too little is better than too much,sometimes I have seen the surface of the cubes when it is time to water dried out, and the water globule at first sits right on top of the soil mix, until it slowly sinks into the cube. Although the top might be dry, inside it is usually moist. You want the roots to grow out into the air from all sides, not just the bottom, this will give the plant the best start with a potentially strong root ball. Your'e tempting root rot as well, once the root, pythium a secondary disease, or even rhizoctonia can be lurking and waiting for an opening at the slightest hint of damage, or stress.
It's a common fault to be fair, a lot of folks try hard to please their plants, and either water too much or feed too much, they can get by on a lot less, the plants, not the folks, remember they are indigenous to very warm countries, not very wet countries! hope this is of some help, good luck.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom