Last replant & LST advise

fuzzy911

Hi again,

It's been a month since i first plugged the master kush seeds in the soil, and thisis how they look today:
20150310_110046_1_.jpg
20150310_110028_1_.jpg
20150310_110014_1_.jpg

I want to preform some LST on them to maximize my yeild, can someone pelase reffer me to a good guide and tell me which branches or leaves i should tie down according to the profile photo i uploaded?

Another matter is when i re-potted them today for the last time to a 3GAL mediums, 2 went just fine but the 3rd plan base soil got broken a little and some rots aperently got tore down, not anything sugnificent just a small chunk of soil with some roots bt im still afraid it may cause shock to the plant, i watered them in the new mediums with 1/4 str nutes, TERRA VEGA to be exact.

This is how the root ball looked when i repotted, sorry for the bad quality it was difficult to do it all with just 2 hands.
20150310_111331_1_.jpg

Please advise, :thanks:

You can bend any branches you like in including the main stem, its just about training the plant to fill the space as much as possible.

I doubt breaking a few roots off will have any long term affects.

You would be better off FIMing or topping before LST imo.

i topped them a few days ago, hope its not to early or to late to do it, since then no significant change.
one plant started a new node just by the topping area, and 1 out of 3 plants is growing insane already way higher sterm and long branches but no bushy sings.
Please see my other post/juornal in FAQ's i update frequently and upload photos as well.

I have always found that it is best to break up the roots somewhat if you have a rootbound situation like you showed in that last photo. When the roots start spinning around in circles like that, they don't spread out through the new soil after transplant as well as they should.

So if I am a little late to transplant, I actually break up a lot of those roots by squeezing the root ball and tearing some of the roots with my fingers. This generally sets the plant back a few days, and you may see some evidence of this stress on the older fan leaves, but the end result is a much stronger and healthier root system going into flowering.

If I have to wait a week for the roots to catch up because I was lazy and didn't transplant when I should have, so be it.

The bigger the container the bigger the plant can get. I have had great results from transplanting other plants using some white widow from humbolt. Just sprinkle a little bit in the hole where your plant will go and it seems to almost eliminate any transplant shock. You should start a grow journal so the awesome people here can help to guide you through the entire process.

you can also plant them a little deeper to maximize your space

Back
Top Bottom