Leaf Tip Curling Up

kushcobain

This is my first grow from a seed (I have no idea what kind of bud it is). The plant is 19 days since germination. Planted in Miracle Grow w/ MicroMax

I have TWO 26W Reveal CFLs and ONE 14W CFL lighting my grow box.
I haven't put it on a light cycle yet. Thinking about going 18/6 at 3 or 4 weeks.

Its equipped with a small intake and exhaust fan, which can be seen in the photo.
The temperature has been around 85-90degrees. And rh around 15-20%.

I've been trying to grow this one straight, without any nutes or extra grow tactics. I just want to get the overall biology of growing down. I have another seed germing, that I will focus more on the scientific aspect of growing to note the differences.

I'm concerned with a number of things about this plant:
1) Its size. I'm not sure if it's growing correctly or not. I measured it at 1.5in height and 3.5in width. Its hasnt shown any vertical growth in a couple days. But went from 2.5in to 3.5in

2) Just overnight a leaf started to curl and dry at the tip. It also developed a spot.
I read the plant could be "trying to retain moisture." And that it is most likely an environmental problem more likely than a nutrient problem. The CFL bulb is about 2 inches away from the top of the plant. I'm not sure if thats an issue. It hasn't been thus far. Could the dry heat be the issue?

IMG_93811.JPG

IMG_9380c.jpg

IMG_9383.JPG

IMG_9382c.jpg

Any help

Re: Leaf Tip Curling Up.

its nute burn mate, miracle grow has far too much nutrients in it for seedlings

Thanks. I'm gonna transplant it in a few.
Most likely going to go with some basic organic potting soil from Home Depot if I can't find FoxFarm Ocean Forest around here.

Hey Kush.Try and move your light away from plant.Inch or so and see if that helps.

I moved it from 2 inches to 4 inches two days ago when I thought it might have been some heat damage, I didn't see any difference. I thought it was supposed to stretch more. But it hasn't. Why would it continue to grow in width, but not height? Weird.

the indicas iv been growing grow about 2 inches after breaking the soil and start growing wider for the next 2 to 3 weeks faster than they growing taller...the first plant i grew was a sativa it shot up fast and never got to wide or bushy but was over 3 feet tall after a few months veg...maybe you just got an indica strain . good luck:)

Back
Top Bottom