LED, CFL or both?

Jwhat201

Wondering what you guys got the better yield with, CFLs or LEDs. I've been using mostly CFL's, but my buddy just told me about a sale on some good LEDs he said he heard they were better.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance just trying to increase on my yield. Got a half q out of my first plant and then just about doubled it after adding side lighting, but still not enough to last, you know hah.

LED's are great.. I use a few different panels.. For CFL's I never used them, as when I was doing my research, I would have had to run way too many cfl's to equal the output of the LED Panels..

HPS/HID is a cheaper investment, but you do have to change bulbs and you may have heat issues depending how you set it up..

LED's are more expensive, but you don't have to change bulbs, but when the panel wears out, est 3-5 years depending, you will need to replace the panel.. Depending on the size of the LED panels, you may also run into heat issues as well, as I can run say a mars 1600 in a 4x4 tent, but it will run hot and you will need to move allot of air.. Where if I ran a cool tube in the same tent it might not be as bad..

Depends on the size of the grow I guess, and how many watts you are going to draw..

Most growers will use T5's in a veg area and HID/HPS for flower.. I use mars 144x3 and a 144x5 for veg and I use a mars 1600 for flower or 2x 700s and I get some really great results...

Back
Top Bottom