LED Grow Lights: What Do You Want To Know?

I use my lights primarily at 9" during veg. I use them at 9-12" during weeks 1-4 of bloom, and 6" for weeks 5-9. This has been the point at which I've found my "happy medium" throughout the various stages of growth. ;)

Yes, those numbers are centered around the 60 degree units, as less than 1% of our sales are for 30 degree models. I don't recommend using the 30 degree units any closer than 9" to your canopy, unless you notice no signs of bleaching. Less than 1% of all units we've sold though have been 30 degree units, which is why I supply the 60 degree specs. We only supply the "option" for 30 degree for those people who grow 5'+ tall plants. I don't personally grow plants of that size, nor does anyone I know, and therefore I don't have the in depth testing with those units that I do with the 60 degree.

A lot of the figures are strain dependent, so it's more of a range based on your individual garden, not necessarily the light source. I believe I stated it before, but certain strains tend to be more sensitive to the light at close distances than others. This process generally occurs during weeks 3-5 of bloom, and if you notice the tops of your plants turning white, you know it's too close.

I hope you don't mind me adding some information that I have noticed. This cannot relate to your units, yet, but thus far, it appears the lumigrow makes for a longer flowering period opposed to the shorter periods revealed under the Jumbo ufo.

Any ideas as to what is causing this, Cammie? Is it certain spectrum's, in which the mfg uses that is affecting the periods?

There are two beautiful ladies under one of your 126W panels. :0) Still in the range of about 4" from the tops, and they are loving every minute of it. Final stretch seems to have stopped as bud development increases. Iguana juice is on next waterings menu!

Would it be better to raise the light to allow for better overall area coverage? These gals are in 8" and 10" pots, just chilin' under your light.

Loving it thus far! Sorry if my inquiry is obnoxious, like asking you about other mfg's products. I am more focused on what the answer could be vs who makes the unit, etc. etc.

Anyhow. So far, happy customer!!!

-Go Green!!!!!!!! Yes We Can! hehe

Depending on the model of Lumigrow, it has to do with the spectral output. They give you a dial to increase or decrease the intensity of their blue and red LED's individually. Since most people aren't plant scientists, they have no idea what to do with the knobs, and half of them end up using the light at half to 3/4 power the whole time. It's not a very efficient system vs one that gives you the correct spectrum dialed in perfectly at 100% brightness right out of the box.

If you want to raise the light, don't be afraid to do so. You will still get nice and big, dense colas with it 6-9" away, and up to 12" away. Keeping it closer will always be a little better ;)

Anyhow guys, I'm done posting for a while. I'll be back when there is less discourse flowing through the LED threads on this forum, so keep up the good work, and send me an email or PM if you need me.

Cammie

Depending on the model of Lumigrow, it has to do with the spectral output. They give you a dial to increase or decrease the intensity of their blue and red LED's individually. Since most people aren't plant scientists, they have no idea what to do with the knobs, and half of them end up using the light at half to 3/4 power the whole time. It's not a very efficient system vs one that gives you the correct spectrum dialed in perfectly at 100% brightness right out of the box.

If you want to raise the light, don't be afraid to do so. You will still get nice and big, dense colas with it 6-9" away, and up to 12" away. Keeping it closer will always be a little better ;)

Anyhow guys, I'm done posting for a while. I'll be back when there is less discourse flowing through the LED threads on this forum, so keep up the good work, and send me an email or PM if you need me.

Cammie

Fear not, as I will email you, since I am in the process of buying one of your lights.

anyone else notice how high the 400 watt light is from the plants compared to the led in the grow off video
add on hydro grows link?

I'm not familiar with the posts your referencing but I'll take a stab at the question.

The HPS lights can't be placed too close because of the heat they generate. The optimal placement of LEDs has been explained by those in the know as in the 6-12" range. Closer being better up to the point where bleaching occurs.

guys watch the video at www. hydro grow led.com, its a grow off between led lights and a 400 watt hid. the led is 6 inches from plant and the hps is like 4 feet. it seems like its way to far away to be a fair comparison. just saying that air cooled hood could be atleast a foot closer

guys watch the video at www. hydro grow led.com, its a grow off between led lights and a 400 watt hid. the led is 6 inches from plant and the hps is like 4 feet. it seems like its way to far away to be a fair comparison. just saying that air cooled hood could be atleast a foot closer

A fair comparison would be to put the HID 9 inches from the plant, and most of us know what the result of that would be.

I think if you survey most people around here, the light would be that high until the plants got a little taller.

Baja, I think the focus that most of are looking at are LED vs LED at this point. It has basically already been proved that LED's can bloom. Now it is a matter of who can bloom better.

I plan on finding out for myself, with three different mfg's lights, to see who talks the talk and who walks the walk.

I have decided not to post my journal but if anybody is interested in the comparison, maybe you can pm me. I have not heard back from the manufacturer about the test, so I have decided to pass it off as once these people sell a light, they are not really worried about ya too much....

Let the best unit win....

-Go Green-

The 400MH light is sort of far away from what I can see. I would like to see the gap closed a bit. However those are some tiny plants so its good practice to keep the light backed off a bit until they are bigger. In the HPS compare the HPS light is a whole lot closer.

Baja, I think the focus that most of are looking at are LED vs LED at this point. It has basically already been proved that LED's can bloom. Now it is a matter of who can bloom better.

I plan on finding out for myself, with three different mfg's lights, to see who talks the talk and who walks the walk.

I have decided not to post my journal but if anybody is interested in the comparison, maybe you can pm me. I have not heard back from the manufacturer about the test, so I have decided to pass it off as once these people sell a light, they are not really worried about ya too much....

Let the best unit win....

-Go Green-

Its up to the individual to pick and choose what information is viable or not, it is of MY OPINION, that the OP is sincere in her claims, and it really bums me out that some choose to make issues of their claims, the bottom line is it is up to us as individuals if we believe the information or not.

I dont believe the OP will be one to forget you after the sale, but I have no reason to believe any different, I came to this through PM's with the OP, and her prompt answers, with no high pressure sales.

Hopefully you can keep us up to date with your tests, I wish I had the funds to do my own tests, not only to improve my yields,:Rasta:

Hey Cammie, are your lights ok to have on 24 hours a day for full veg cycle?

do the fans used on your lights sound alot?

are the fans in the lights replaceable with a normal connection plug like on all Pc fans? or are they soldered to the light?

maybe you could use super silent fans on your pro models.

Back
Top Bottom