LED grow problem

Tacolly

Mars 600w led
I don't no what is happening to my plant I have been giving it 30% of recommended dose and 0.6ml per litre of cal-mag once a week and plain tap warter twice a week tap water is 150ppm I ph to 5.8 and run off it 6.0/6.2 this is my third plant I have tried the first plant I got from a friend it was 8inch tall and healthy put it under led and all the leaves started to yellow and go crispy from tip inward it starts at bottom and works it's way up second plant did the same at about 2/3week after sprout and now this one is in have been useing pro plus 2 part nutrients and advanced nutrients cal-mag coco & perlite mix for substrate
On 18-6 light
Temp 26c
Humidity 55/60
Strain wight widow big bud
420-magazine-mobile1555924575.jpg
420-magazine-mobile78500012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm running exactly this strain. Mine are very sensitive to the point I keep ppm half dose anyway then after feeding other plants I double the liquid with ph water

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When I feed them nutrients the ppm is 50 plus the tap warter at 150 so that's 200ppms it just looks like the new growth is taking all the goodness out off the older leaves as there not getting it from the roots
Some one said to use double the recommended dose of cal-mag when under led don't no if that a wise thing to do

Soil and water ph should be 6.5 to 6.8 ideally. 7.0 is fine but a little base.
Your ph at 6.0-6.2 is too acidic causing "lockout". This is when you have available nutrients in your soil but the low pH is preventing the roots from up-taking the nutrients. If you were to test your soil I'm sure it would look good on paper for nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. But unfortunately your plants roots will be constricted and unable to "suck them up".
At that low a ph your plant cannot uptake calcium and more importantly, phosphorus.
Remedy. Let soil dry out. Start using 7.0 ph water for two water cycles. Test soil ph with probe, runoff or PH soil test kit.
Resume normal watering of ph 6.5 when soil test come back between 6.5-7.0 ph.
Here's the nutrient lock out chart according to soil ph.
420-magazine-mobile341306790.jpg

Soil test kits can be bought locally for around $12. They test PH and NPK.
420-magazine-mobile1260339662.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Soil and water ph should be 6.5 to 6.8 ideally. 7.0 is fine but a little base.
Your ph at 6.0-6.2 is too acidic causing "lockout". This is when you have available nutrients in your soil but the low pH is preventing the roots from up-taking the nutrients. If you were to test your soil I'm sure it would look good on paper for nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. But unfortunately your plants roots will be constricted and unable to "suck them up".
At that low a ph your plant cannot uptake calcium and more importantly, phosphorus.
Remedy. Let soil dry out. Start using 7.0 ph water for two water cycles. Test soil ph with probe, runoff or PH soil test kit.
Resume normal watering of ph 6.5 when soil test come back between 6.5-7.0 ph.
Here's the nutrient lock out chart according to soil ph.
420-magazine-mobile341306790.jpg

Soil test kits can be bought locally for around $12. They test PH and NPK.
420-magazine-mobile1260339662.jpg

It's coco and perlite mix not soil wish it was soil now tho lol

I have to double ca/mg under leds and with some strains I've had to go 3x dose .
I will keep the nutrients at 30% of recommended dose and I will do 2ml per litre of cal-mag instead of 1ml per litre see how that turns out
Thank for your input:)

You can test coco too.
If you don't test then you're just guessing at the problem.

I do test it
Ph down to 5.8
And the run after i water/feed them is 6.0 to 6.2

As I said. That's too low. 6.5-7.0 is what you need. You've caused the root fibrils to become constricted inhibiting their ability to uptake calcium and phosphorus.

As I said. That's too low. 6.5-7.0 is what you need. You've caused the root fibrils to become constricted inhibiting their ability to uptake calcium and phosphorus.

Will putting it up not lock out other nutrients as it's pure coco and on the Web and charts I have say it should be at 5.5 to 6.5 it makes sense what you say I will try 6.5 but just don't no if I should go over 6.5 as I have no luck at the minute lol

A lot of people say they use more cal-mag when under led I just want to no your thoughts on it and do you use led or have you in the past

I'm running exactly this strain. Mine are very sensitive to the point I keep ppm half dose anyway then after feeding other plants I double the liquid with ph water

Sent from my SM-N910F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
You going in coco ? What ph do you have and do you grow under led ?

Will putting it up not lock out other nutrients as it's pure coco and on the Web and charts I have say it should be at 5.5 to 6.5 it makes sense what you say I will try 6.5 but just don't no if I should go over 6.5 as I have no luck at the minute lol

Are you using hydroponic nutrient solutions? is it in a DWC or Flood table?

A lot of people say they use more cal-mag when under led I just want to no your thoughts on it and do you use led or have you in the past

I use only LED. I'm a Biotech Engineer with a Biochemistry degree who works as a freelance cannabis consultant for 3 major ACMPR cannabis LP's.
I don't use coco. Inert and nutrient free medias are not yet 100% approved by Health Canada. I usually don't mention this fact as it's more fun to watch the crazy things people put in their plants and then wonder why they have problems. Lol
People tend not to listen anyway. They rather "guess" what's wrong with their plants than perform proper (and cheap) basic analytics.
I edited to remove my card for personal info security.

Are you using hydroponic nutrient solutions? is it in a DWC or Flood table?

I am using dutch pro hydro/cocos nutrients and it's in pot mix is 70%pure coco 30%perlite

I am using dutch pro hydro/cocos nutrients and it's in pot mix is 70%pure coco 30%perlite

So the roots are in a media and not hanging in water through aeroponics/Hydroponics?

I use only LED. I'm a Biotech Engineer with a Biochemistry degree who works as a freelance cannabis consultant for 3 major ACMPR cannabis LP's.
I don't use coco. Inert and nutrient free medias are not yet 100% approved by Health Canada. I usually don't mention this fact as it's more fun to watch the crazy things people put in their plants and then wonder why they have problems. Lol
People tend not to listen anyway. They rather "guess" what's wrong with their plants than perform proper (and cheap) basic analytics.
My card Sir.
420-magazine-mobile242529998.jpg

I no coco is the same as dwc for the ph 5.5/6.5 that is why I am worried about putting ph higher than 6.5 like in soil if I do I mite do more damage

I no coco is the same as dwc for the ph 5.5/6.5 that is why I am worried about putting ph higher than 6.5 like in soil if I do I mite do more damage

I've never used Dutch pro. I use soil and organic nutrients and not very much at that.
I'm looking up dutchpro. Let's see what I can find.

If I were you I'd remove half a handful (with gloves) of your media and set it on some paper towel to dry over night and get yourself a 4 part soil test kit in the morning.
I'll be back in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom