LED Maintenance!

improvise

Hello community. While my flowering space has some downtime i thought i would give it a deep clean rather than a quick once over,i have two 300w leds each with 3 small fans for cooling inside,as i took them down something was rattling about inside and decided to open them up to see what it was and to give a good clean. I have had them in use for say over a year.
SAM_6054.JPG
that's a panel opened up the little white box you can see is what was moving about inside it`s only attached via double sided sticky tape.
SAM_6060.JPG
i put my own 2 sided tape on it and replaced where it was.
SAM_6058.JPG
the builders effort 3 attempts to attach tape in correct place(Chinese say no more).
SAM_6061.JPG
left fan i have cleaned two to go.
SAM_6056.JPG
close up of the muck on fan blades,i expect this contributed to higher noise level caused by the resistance slicing through the air.
SAM_6063.JPG
used cotton buds and mentholated spirits.if u disconnect any wires label what goes with what. i cleaned the fans in situ but would be a bit easier if unbolted from the lid. I intend to do this at least every year or more if needed. I just have passive air intake to the space if it was air tight i might add some kind of air filter to the intake to cut down the muck. Hope this helps some owners with led panels that have not given them a good clean. regards

Back
Top Bottom