LED solution recommendation to suit 5x5 grow tent

hydro91

Dear 420 magazine,

Looking to get the most out of the plants that'll be going inside my 5x5 grow tent but I'm stuck on how many LED's I should place within the grow tent.

I have a relatively decent background in growing but with this new LED light technology I thought I'd give a try there's still a lot I'm learning and I've hit a brick wall. 4 plants will be going in the grow tent and I'm looking to achieve nearly 1lb per plant.

I have 2 viparspectra V600 led's that I've purchased but feel like I need more to achieve the yield I've mentioned above. They're 600w LED's but only pull 276w average from the wall socket.

My question I'm hoping some growers could kindly answer is will 4 V600w viparspectra LED's get me close to the yield goals I'm setting for myself or will I need to step up and buy something more powerful?

I completely understand that you pay for what you get and I'll be upgrading to some better quality led lights next grow just need the correct lighting solution to suit my yield goals for the time being.

Kind regards.

If you're looking for optimal yield (not minimum needed) with LED you are looking for 50 Watts from the wall per square foot of your growing area for the purple LEDs. You can flower just fine with 35 watts per square foot but if you're looking to maximize your yield 50 watts per square foot from the wall is where you want to be. Anywhere from 1000w from the wall to 1200 will bring highest yield with blurple LED in a 5x5.

In your five-by-five room you could get by with 875 Watts pulled from the wall with purple LEDs and pull a decent Harvest but you did say you are going for absolute maximum yield so be as close as you can to 45 to 50 Watts from the wall per square foot and you will be there.
4 of your 276w units put you at 1104w from the wall and would do great!

Back
Top Bottom