legal loophole for growers?

isaacnd200

This a longshot , but hear me out .We experienced gardeners all use rooting compouds , ie: Rootone,... right ? Well have you ever rooted the top of your mother ? Sounds crazy right? This works just like rooting a clone except it's faster due to the plant already having an established root system .Take the top ,or any lower branches , nick the stem a couple of times with a CLEAN and STERILE razor , dust with rooting compound ,bend the branch to another container of soil and pin it down.Cover it with aprox 1 inch of fresh soil and keep it moist , but not drenched , you know ,like you do for cuttings?I have a mother that is 1.5 years old and she has 9 established root systems.It looks more like a florida mangrove than cannabis ,lol. I plan to keep her going for at least another additional 5 buckets and then go to flowering .The question is.....would this be considered one plant ? Theoretically this could be expanded to fill a whole room with one plant. Any thoughts?

isaacnd!!! holy crap i did that with one of my plants... i saw a rainbow one day, and decided to do it to one of my females... but rooting the top 9 times... that's a trip... but to answer your questions... yes it is still one plant... HOWEVER!!! each plant has a genetic limit to bud production... at a certain point it will stop producing buds... HOWEVERx2!!! it is a GREAT way, if you are a breeder, to find out just how much bud your plants can genetically generate... that was my idea for it... i'm on my way to a super-producing strain... in otherwords, a strain that, in order to reach full bud production, you'd have to veg for an extra few months, or multi-root it... could turn out well...

This is a specialized cloning technique also. Its for hard to clone plants like blueberry. It a little different though and its called air layering. The mother keeps the clone alive until it can feed on its own.

hhhmmmm.Actually ,air layering is a technique that involves basically wrapping a branch in a growing medium and waiting for rooting to occur .I have used it for many years on my fruit trees with good success.My mother however is more of an espalier trained plant , merely to experiment and see how far I could go with it but also for future grafting experiments.As for this being an effective cloning technique I would advise against it as it is an extremely slow manner in which to obtain clones.

Like I said its similar but to a point. No grafting is involved, that takes two plants and when youair layer once roots develope you remove the clone from the mother, not keeping it on like a siemese twin.You air layer with tape,wraps, rockwool, ect. Their is no true method for this and most people who study hordiculture would have heard of it. I misread about keeping the plant together. Sounds like a wonderful project.

I'm wondering if anybody out there has tried grafting cannabis to cannabis , I would be curious to hear from you.I wonder if the fact that the plant has no scions like a traditional fruit tree(which are easy to graft) will be a hinderence.I'll keep you posted....

Jorge Cervantes graft a heavy producing indica to the root system of a large sativa. The point was to make a bushy indica extremely drought resistant with the larger root mass of the sativa. I think the project failed though cause I have not heard anything more about it.

Doubtful , to mix genetics you need mutagenic and transgenic chemicals.Mixing genetics happens at a molecular When you say without the need for males , what do specifically mean? Producing seeds without pollen?I would love to hear from anyone who has experimented with colchicine and gotten anything other than the usual polyploids.

I think that is too advance for even a experience grower. True breeders from certain seedbanks yea, but for the average guy like me, I only read it in books.

yes i have tried grafting only worrks with woody plants. i.e hollow stems wont work. anyway, this technique is called air rooting. most people cut the stem half way, pack it with rootone, wrap a " fake skin" on it, and in a bout a week you have an air rooted clone. i agree zigzag, iam very intrequed about this sort of subject.

snugglefunked said:
isaacnd!!! holy crap i did that with one of my plants... i saw a rainbow one day, and decided to do it to one of my females... but rooting the top 9 times... that's a trip... but to answer your questions... yes it is still one plant... HOWEVER!!! each plant has a genetic limit to bud production... at a certain point it will stop producing buds... HOWEVERx2!!! it is a GREAT way, if you are a breeder, to find out just how much bud your plants can genetically generate... that was my idea for it... i'm on my way to a super-producing strain... in otherwords, a strain that, in order to reach full bud production, you'd have to veg for an extra few months, or multi-root it... could turn out well...

now how are you going to say there a genetic limit to how much stress or a limited bud production, thats false, if that were true then in theory all he has to do is cut the connecting branch then flower, or keep it connected and flower, they will all act as one differant plant. i gurantee that sucker will bud. all of it. i bet it will get hungry as fuck. as i was saying, plants genetic structure tells them when to flower. i.e shocking into 12/12.

When I first came to this site I was looking for people like you guys. I know so much more than the average grower and I really wanted to find other people like me that are willing to experiment and talk about the advance stages of growing and breeding. Seeing the same stuff all the time gets a little boring and fustrating. I want to learn everything I can but only had books to refer to. I think nothing is better than experience and mixing ideals with more experience growers. I have a extensive collection of info and I am always willing to share it with people and learn from others.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a arrogant know it all. I am actually excited to have more people like you guys around. Even though I am a mod and have to take care of the grow area, it does not make me the guru of ganga.
420 just added the outdoor and hash forums. We might have to wait for more, I am not sure.
I do want to give you guys a warm welcome though.
Thank you Isaacnd200, Capt.Zigzag and Rangerdanger for joining us at 420 times.

Sorry Dank but it is true. All plants have a genetics threshold of how much bud a plant can produce, the same with strengh and potency. you can manipilate the plant to reach its limit but thats as for as you can go. Most plants never reach that threshold but its there.As for the technique that started this thread, each section would have its own root mass so it will act like a seperate plant, if one section was to die it would only seperate it. To be technical each section that has its own root mass is considered a seperate plant but by law I am not sure, it might be considered one plant.
This can be debated but I am pretty sure that I can win this argument.

DankCloset said:
now how are you going to say there a genetic limit to how much stress or a limited bud production, thats false, if that were true then in theory all he has to do is cut the connecting branch then flower, or keep it connected and flower, they will all act as one differant plant. i gurantee that sucker will bud. all of it. i bet it will get hungry as fuck. as i was saying, plants genetic structure tells them when to flower. i.e shocking into 12/12.

Thanks for having me.Cannabis yield is not set in stone by genetics , although this has alot to do with it.The plant responds to light cycles by actually using photo receptive cells that are located in the growing tips.These tell the plant where to grow and also when the light cycle crosses the threshold.One year I took a mother that I had grown for 3 years and transplanted her outside.This plant got so big that by the time september rolled around the tops were leaning over .Plenty of water and bright PA mountain sunshine was a big help.I also like to use Biodynamic techniques for making fertilizers , they are hard to beat if executed properly.Yield is determined more by the size of the plant ,ie: more tops=more flowers.Cannabis is an indeterminate plant meaning it will grow until the light changes.Period

Taking pictures will steal the soul of the plant......No ,seriously tho I don't have any photos.I used to take them but a close call with a nosy developer cured me of that habit. Maybe I will buy a digital camera soon , but I still use an old-fashioned rotary phone in my home and am not too tech gadget savvy.

So you are telling me you can do this with ashort indica plant or a ruderelis?
Don't think so. I have seen a plant that was over two stories tall and was able to produce up to ten pounds of dried bud but it was a Sativa. It had a generator beside it to give more co2 and was grown near the equator. This is not a record and somewhere near the Himilayas there are plants that are thirty feet in around. But again a Sativa. Some strains have a huge genetic threshhold while others don't. And most people never reach it but its been proven.

Back
Top Bottom