Lets see your seeds!

LaManny

Hey everyone! Wouldn't it be fun if you could browse through the seed collection of every member? It'll never happen - not in person, anyway.
So let's make this thread the next best thing:thumb:
If your collection is big or small, your own genetics, the "well known/established" lines, LR or a mix of all sorts - let's see 'em!
After studying Cannabis and genetics for more than 20 years, I have a decent combination of "estabs" + the results of my own very hard work.
This will become a SICK thread if enough people take the time to share a little.
SNAP A PIC & JOIN IN!
seeds34.JPG

Not pic'd: 2 "Mr. Nice" beans (G-13 x Hashplant, yeah?).
They're in a moist, dark place:yahoo:

Re: Lets see your seeds!!

thanks, LS :)
indicating silica gel beads. grade 48, 2-5mm. probably available online @ scientific supply houses. Can't recall where I got them.... they change color when absorbing moisture (thus the "indicating" part of the name). Re-usable... you just put 'em in an oven for 20 mins or so & they dry right out/change back to original color. Anyway... storage - about a cup or so loose in a really thick freezer grade ziplock, double bagged, kept between 35-40F. There's been more than one point where my collection couldn't be kept cold and had to be @ room temp (for nearly a year the last time). Still have germ rates around 75-80%.
I'd be interested to see/hear about peeps pollen (and storage methods), too. I don't know much
about storing pollen.

btw-
Where are the OTHER pics/posts??!!
Are people really that paranoid or something?
JC!
Anybody can get a cutting nowadays... someone showing off the cuttings they managed to get or buy from someone else doesn't impress me very much.
Seed keeping/creation is an art. Much more complicated & interesting. All just my opinion, though.

thanx for the info sorry no pics, but right now im getting ready to start a vanilla kush from seed. i also have red cherry berry,kings kush,pinnapple express,blueberrygum,and,kandy kush, all seeds just chose to start the vanilla kush next. g.l. with your grow plus reps on the info thanx again.

Sweet! - Any idea on the exact lineage of Candy & Vanilla Kush? i.e. Which Kush, and what lent the Candy/Vanilla to each of 'em?
L

i totally agree with LaManny, harvesting seeds is a true art in its own. It is people like manny that help this culture keep going strong by keeping around great genetics that will one day be sought after and very rare...and people will one day do anything to get these strains thus creating a whole new market of rare genetics

+reps manny

sorry i have no pics to post, my collection is not really a collection at all...
I have a bunch of random quality genetics all in the same bag so I dont know whats what, i just know I was given MTF(late 80's), grapefruit diesel, strawberry cough, Blue goo(80's), blue cheese, and afgooey but they are all mixed in together

Nice thread LaManny and quite the collection :smokin: I am new to all this and started my collection with some Haze,Fruit ( both from DinaFem) and Himalayan Kush.
Well, the Autos are in the ground and doing very nice. So I am left with the 5 Himalayans.....I guess I need to go shopping.

Back
Top Bottom