Let's see those seed banks!

This time last year I was scrounging for any seeds I could find so I could grow outside during the summer. Ended up buying some schwag (heavily seeded schwag, too) and I got enough beans to grow 11 girls. But, I was determined to get a hold of some good seeds for this year.

Fast forward a year and I'm deep in beans! Not nearly as much or as many as most of you, but it's a good feeling to have some beans.

:thumb:

This got me thinking about how others kept their seeds. I assume most refrigerate or even freeze their seeds.

I'm more interested in seeing how people keep their seeds when there not chilling :)

Any nice vaults? Wooden boxes? Or do you folks leave them in the bags they ship, or dealer packs?

Don't be shy, show your goods!!

Here is my collection, let's see yours:

20150304_184750.jpg

Re: Let's see those... seed banks!

Thanks! I got to tell you that when I see you post somewhere I usually go in that thread only to see what advice you've given cause it's always thorough and spot on. So, means a lot to have you comment here!

I compare collectiong seeds like the baseball cards I did back in the day. But, instead of bubble gum, those seeds make beautiful plants that help a lot of people!

Anyway, they are stored in my handy dandy former nut box until I find something else.

20150304_195128.jpg

For long term, I store mine deep in the freezer, in a container with a dessicant pack and the lid screwed on tight- then dream up some very unappetizing label like "fish stew -2012", or "giblets" or "old clams". PS- I don't have a wife though.
Don't really have a nice storage display other than that- just dig them out to drool over them and dream now and then. Nice idea though- nice little seed collection too

Thanks! I got to tell you that when I see you post somewhere I usually go in that thread only to see what advice you've given cause it's always thorough and spot on. So, means a lot to have you comment here!

I compare collectiong seeds like the baseball cards I did back in the day. But, instead of bubble gum, those seeds make beautiful plants that help a lot of people!

Anyway, they are stored in my handy dandy former nut box until I find something else.

Thanks man, but I'm nobody special, I'm just like everyone else here. When we happen to come across a topic we can help in, we always offer advice to keep the legalization, and awareness movements going.

This is a cool topic though, I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone stores their seeds to get some ideas on upgrading my poor man's storage method.

:Namaste:

Well, you tend to go above and beyond and I think that's why you've been member of the month. But, enough of that.

I'm keeping my bean box in a safe place where it's cool and dark. But, long term I'd like to come up with something that is cool and works.

My fridge or freezer aren't attractive with kids.

Anyway, I'm sure bean box talk and pictures of beans isn't nearly as exciting as the end result.

But, I've seen some cool beans over the years a I'm sure you have.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope something inspires you. :thumb:

For long term, I store mine deep in the freezer, in a container with a dessicant pack and the lid screwed on tight- then dream up some very unappetizing label like "fish stew -2012", or "giblets" or "old clams". PS- I don't have a wife though.
Don't really have a nice storage display other than that- just dig them out to drool over them and dream now and then. Nice idea though- nice little seed collection too

Thanks Weaselcracker.... what a great screenname! I'm a cracker so I can relate, but the weasel thing has me curious. So, what's with your screenname, man?

;)

I like the idea of miss labeling things.... But then I'd be worried my ol lady would chuck it out! Women.

;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks Weaselcracker.... what a great screenname! I'm a cracker so I can relate, but the weasel thing has me curious. So, what's with your screenname, man?

;)

I like the idea of miss labeling things.... But then I'd be worried my ol lady would chuck it out! Women.

;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah that idea would never work with a wife around- the obvious tragedy and marital issues would result I'm sure. Its just me and my kid so the labels are for kind of for him, and whoever else digs around. I figure they'll choose the ice cream over the 'old clams' every time.
I didn't realize how that name sounded till after. I guess it can mean a lot of things. We don't really have the same expression 'cracker' in my spot. It was more along the lines of go4snyper's name- sniping gophers-cracking weasels- you know.... There's a story there but I'll save it to protect the guilty. No actual weasels were harmed in the making of the name though. Not even the one who truly deserved it.

"Anyway, I'm sure bean box talk and pictures of beans isn't nearly as exciting as the end result."

When I think about it though- I've had so much fun dreaming about my seeds. I absolutely Love digging those seeds out, and looking at new strains and researching them and plotting the fun times to come. Sometimes the dreams are way more exciting than the reality, just like the journey is more important than the destination. Those seeds are treasures. Why not make make a nice treasure chest for them! (and then label it 'old clams' lol)

A seed treasure chest,, I like that. Thing is a lot of people, I assume do a lot of cloning. Maybe I was a little excited with the seeds I got this week.

I'll be happier when I can make my own seeds, and have a film canister filled with them.

;)

So cool man. Hawaiian skunk,, hmm,, I might have to check that one out.

I found one from the plant I chopped last night. I doubt it'll germ, kinda small and white. There are probably others, I was spying that one for a while. Anything I get from her is going in a glass pedestal in my living room. Lol, jk

A seed treasure chest,, I like that. Thing is a lot of people, I assume do a lot of cloning. Maybe I was a little excited with the seeds I got this week.

I'll be happier when I can make my own seeds, and have a film canister filled with them.

;)

I don't clone :( I don't have the space, so growing seeds is my only option at this point. I have been contemplating trying out the seed sexing topic that was posted a few days ago, and attempting to plant a male and a female from the same strain, just to grow for a ton of seeds, and some halfway decent bud as well.

So cool man. Hawaiian skunk,, hmm,, I might have to check that one out.

I found one from the plant I chopped last night. I doubt it'll germ, kinda small and white. There are probably others, I was spying that one for a while. Anything I get from her is going in a glass pedestal in my living room. Lol, jk

I got all those hawaiian skunks from Herbies freebies on a couple different orders, so I have 7 of them total now. I was thinking of going with Swiss-xT, but now you have me curious about the Hawaiian Skunk again.. And now that I think of it,, CO Finest grew some Hawaiian skunk a while back , I'll have to find his journal again..

I made a half ass attempt at cloning, but, yah, no space yet. I have yet to grow out a Herbie freebie, but I should, my collection of them is growing. In a perfect world I'd like to find a seed bank to buy from that give you points when you purchase to use towards what you want down the road. Kinda like my credit card points... oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Maybe I've got a lunker of a freebie already.

I have to get ordering more seeds,,,, kidding,,, or

I made a half ass attempt at cloning, but, yah, no space yet. I have yet to grow out a Herbie freebie, but I should, my collection of them is growing. In a perfect world I'd like to find a seed bank to buy from that give you points when you purchase to use towards what you want down the road. Kinda like my credit card points... oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Maybe I've got a lunker of a freebie already.

I have to get ordering more seeds,,,, kidding,,, or

Seedsman does just that- gives you loyalty points based on how much you spent- $ off of your next order.

I'm feeling the love, thanks. See the seeds I made with my heshe....
20150310_140042.jpg

Oh jesus.

Well looks like I have some photos to take!

Here's what I do. Once they arrive from breeder or bank or myself I remove from there bag and place in a small container. Same that's used for dabs at most dispensaries I label then place in a cold dry area.

I have over geez 30 different genetics in seeds I'll take pics once I get back up. I'm just taking a hot tub then I'm going back to sleep till 9. I'll post pics today but here's some random shots.
DSC_2213.JPG
DSC_1694.JPG

Nice, DP. Quite the collection I must say. I had to look up a few, that blackwater one is interesting. I got a shirt at a gift store with that name... Anyway days ago

Thanks for contributing ;)

I got all those hawaiian skunks from Herbies freebies on a couple different orders, so I have 7 of them total now. I was thinking of going with Swiss-xT, but now you have me curious about the Hawaiian Skunk again.. And now that I think of it,, CO Finest grew some Hawaiian skunk a while back , I'll have to find his journal again..

As a young hippy lad I lived on Maui for a couple of years. I was a "houlie" - a white person. I got to know some of the locals pretty well. They used to 'hide' their 'gardens' amongst the sugar cane fields. They'd plant right after the burn off and replant so the cane and the MJ would grow up together. The MJ would get harvested just before the cane would. Usually someone who tended the cane fields knew it was there and would protect it and (of course) get a taste of the harvest. The favorite flavor at the time was a strain called "Maui Wowie Sensi". They'd get ten feet tall, five feet around, leaves the size of dinner plates, colas as long as my leg (no kidding), and so sticky it would stick to the ceiling.

Just before flower they'd go and 'inspect' everyone else's garden - if there was one, as in ONE male plant they'd pull up and destroy the whole garden, as pollen would travel a long ways, and as one farmer put it "If yer too stupid to remove the males you don't deserve to grow." I never went on one of those inspections, as it would often end up in some kind of a physical confrontation. And if you've ever seen or met a Samoan - well, I don't want to get involved in any kind of physical confrontation with someone who weighs 375 lbs and stands 6 foot 3 inches tall. (and they called him Tiny because he is the runt of the family). I was a little guy; only 6 ft 1 in and weighing 210 - they'd smile and tell me stay behind, they didn't want to have to carry me out of the cane fields ... or bury me there.

Ahh, it brings back fond memories of passing a Universal Joint around on the beach while sitting around a bonfire and watching the sun sink into the water with warm breezes playing over our naked sun warmed bodies.

-- -- Start day dream sequence:
"We got time for one more run at the surf?"
"I dunno, its gunna be dark in ten minutes."
Getting up to get my surfboard ... I say,
"Ten minutes is a lifetime man. I'm going."

To a twenty year old young man - ten minutes IS a lifetime. ** sigh **

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom