With which pest or bug have you had the biggest problem?

• Total voters
**Quick Addition!
It wasn't mentioned that one can also simply use Hydrogen Peroxide & Water (H20 +H202) as the larvae will die on contact. It will also kill adults, but it takes a lot.
Spray water/peroxide directly onto the medium and you'll hear it fizz. That's normal. Do this 1 to 2x/day for 1 to 2 weeks as needed with your regular watering regimine.​
*****Never mix Peroxide and Vinegar in the same container, the result is PARACETIC ACID! It will harm you by its vapor, and can eat through mucosal membranes, skin, and even some woods.​
Don't get burned!​
what should be my mix ratio

I've seen fungus gnats pour out of a bag of soil that was completely closed up bone dry and sitting under my house for over a year.
So letting the soil dry out is useless, your plant would be dead.

Guaranteed way to get rid of them within 3 weeks and for good never to return is.

Get a small bag of Gnatrol, basically same thing as the skeeter dunks (BTI) but better, use that everytime you water for 3 weeks, it will kill the larvae.
Put up several yellow sticky cards for the adults.
Buy 500 Rove Beetles for the soil but only if you are growing organic in a decent size pot with a mulch layer or cover crop, I am not sure if they'll stick around in some tiny plastic pot.
But they love a nice large no-till pot and they multiply quickly into 1000s.
With a population of Rove Beetles the gnats got no chance, those eggs are eaten within seconds of being laid.

And all those dead beetle bodies add a lot to the soils microbiome, add chitin and while they're alive add fras.

i actually think its the same thing my microbe lift is.

i am pretty positive i am getting the gnats from the mediums i buy from my local hydro shop.
when you walk near the soils i have gotten a gnat in my mouth in the store.

i have gone full grow with just sticky cards and the plant was fine.
ever since i just add microbe lift once a week it gets rid of them.

i use it on my outdoor plants as well. gnats shouldnt even be listed as a problem. easy as heck to get rid of them and keep them gone. and only costs 15$

i thought i had root aphids and dropped a 84$ on a bottle of botanigard to use just in case. now thats a problem

Back
Top Bottom