Light of Jah - 2010

Sweet, glad to see you are getting those babies outside man. Looking good my friend.
I bet they are going to explode out there. The crazy entrance is cool so long you don't meet a coyoteeeeee on the way out>........
:goodluck:

Those damn coyotes will probably use our blackberry tunnel to launch a full force attack on us and rob our plants! Sometime within the next 2 days we will fill in the holes. The fields are starting to dry out and soon there will be 16 hour work days on tractors so time will be limited, not to mention I'll be in Oregon for about a week coming this Friday. My buddy walked out there today with his dogs to check up on them and almost had our prized plant get squished by playful dogs. Note to self: Don't bring dogs along to the grow site...and if you do, tie both of them to a tree. He said the plants were showing signs of heat stress but that was expected for the first few days. I'll update again as soon as something happens!

Thanks to everyone who is following my journal so far, especially SanibelGreen and 0115790! It really means a lot to my partner and I when you guys tell us we are doing a great job, can't wait to see what happens next, etc...we love hearing this mainly because we can't get the satisfaction from our own friends who have no clue this is even happening!

Those damn coyotes will probably use our blackberry tunnel to launch a full force attack on us and rob our plants! Sometime within the next 2 days we will fill in the holes. The fields are starting to dry out and soon there will be 16 hour work days on tractors so time will be limited, not to mention I'll be in Oregon for about a week coming this Friday. My buddy walked out there today with his dogs to check up on them and almost had our prized plant get squished by playful dogs. Note to self: Don't bring dogs along to the grow site...and if you do, tie both of them to a tree. He said the plants were showing signs of heat stress but that was expected for the first few days. I'll update again as soon as something happens!

Thanks to everyone who is following my journal so far, especially SanibelGreen and 0115790! It really means a lot to my partner and I when you guys tell us we are doing a great job, can't wait to see what happens next, etc...we love hearing this mainly because we can't get the satisfaction from our own friends who have no clue this is even happening!

No prob sir! Given any thought to maybe some chicken wire and stakes around the site? that patch seems high enough so the stakes and what not would not be seen + possibly eliminating you ground animal problem.

SG

I don't think animal problems will be an issue where it is located, but with our luck our plants are going to get stomped. The hardest part about improving the site is getting materials out there, we can't walk out materials from the house without suspicion.

I don't think animal problems will be an issue where it is located, but with our luck our plants are going to get stomped. The hardest part about improving the site is getting materials out there, we can't walk out materials from the house without suspicion.

Sounds a night operation......lol

SG

Hey guys, work has consumed both of us...putting in 12+ hours on tractors sucks up a huge amount of the day. I'm heading to Oregon till next Wednesday so there won't be any huge updates unless my partner decides to upload something. So far I haven't seen the plants since last time I updated so its going to be a huge surprise when that day comes! I won't have internet connection and cell service will be hard to come by...talk to you guys soon!

:peacetwo:

Dude , man I am dying to see the new photos. I realize farming is one busy thing.

Keep in touch friend. Pm me when you get this site updated ok!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys! Just a quickie update. Good news and bad news.

The good news: My partner and I finished the rest of the plants tonight since we got off work early. This tractor work has really been taking a toll on the time we could go out to the river. I'll have a big update later tonight or tomorrow evening with pictures and a video of us leaving the grow site (If I can manage to hyperlink the video in this thread).

The bad news: It's been a week since my friend last watered and checked up on the plants...the soil was dry but there was still moisture about an inch deep. The biggest part of the bad news is that slugs completely killed 1 of the plants, left 3 in critical care but with tender loving care they will make it, and the rest had a few leaves missing. It's all a matter or learning and we will spread slug deterrent all around the ground tomorrow.

Pictures and video later!

Peace, Jimbobwey

Pictures! I took these all with my droid so I apologize if they are a bit blurry.

Our biggest plant so far (missing a bigger set of leaves)

2010-06-26_19_06_36.jpg

This plant was almost untouched

2010-06-26_19_06_46.jpg

Missing its bottom set of leaves

2010-06-26_19_06_54.jpg

Save meeeeeeeee

2010-06-26_19_07_22.jpg

Another poor victim

2010-06-26_19_07_31.jpg

Still trucking

2010-06-26_19_07_38.jpg

The setup

2010-06-26_19_07_51.jpg

I think that one can recover with some love, otherwise they are looking fine with staying out there with no water for a bit, like the shade they seem to have too, a super stealth mission with some chicken wire and stakes would be primo :popcorn:

SG

That electric slug fence is pretty badass, where the slug completes the circuit haha! I already have some slug "sawdust" like stuff you sprinkle around the plant and the slugs dont like it. We use it in our garden at home and the slugs retreat!

Back
Top Bottom