Light orientation according to ppfd charts?

i saw a few frames that had sliding rails. so you could push them together or spread them out more, but i was actually thinking that 3 x 240w series 3 is probably gonna be a good enough start for me. i really only use about 6' of the 8' of tent anyway.

Are you using a 4 x 8 tent? We have a customer using 3 250w kits in a 4 x 8 but only grows in a 4 x 6 and loves them.

Also, a great option would be to get the 250w kits in our new XL heatsink coming out. It will help spread the ppfd more. They will be available when the new series 3 launches or sooner.

Yes we did. We also tested different size boards. It was a push pull game. You gain here and lose there.

Any chance you have the ppfd results from that configuration saved somewhere?

I will do some digging to see if we have them.

We also tested diagonal designs with the boards to see as an option.

I often see QB's mounted in this set up
20191108_222452.jpg

and have often wondered if something like this would give a more even coverage.
20191108_222518.jpg

Wish I was better at computer stuff so I could manipulate the ppf charts of different lights to work out what the coverage would look like.

Your definitely onto something being able to move your boards around. My light frames are made from aluminum T-channel. This stuff is like an erector set for grown ups.
20191017_155909.jpg

20191101_154544.jpg

20191101_155259.jpg

Spring loaded nuts allow the boards on the frame to be moved in four directions with ease, and it stays locked into the channel even when moving around. You just loosen a small hex bolt and slide stuff around to how you like it then lock it down. This has allowed me to dial the sweet spot on our 4x4 footprints. Hats off to Atreum Lighting for that design.

Your definitely onto something being able to move your boards around. My light frames are made from aluminum T-channel. This stuff is like an erector set for grown ups.
20191017_155909.jpg

20191101_154544.jpg

20191101_155259.jpg

Spring loaded nuts allow the boards on the frame to be moved in four directions with ease, and it stays locked into the channel even when moving around. You just loosen a small hex bolt and slide stuff around to how you like it then lock it down. This has allowed me to dial the sweet spot on our 4x4 footprints. Hats off to Atreum Lighting for that design.

yeah that's pretty great. i'd pay extra for a frame like that.

put 50watts cobs in all 4 corners, problem solved.

i see they have cree cobs that are screw in like regular bulbs. i'm not sure how great they are but i was considering doing exactly that.

put 50watts cobs in all 4 corners, problem solved.

The cob's and another driver would add significantly to the cost to the overall product, which is one of its main selling features. It would also take the company away from the efficient simple design they have. Just my 2 cents.

The cob's and another driver would add significantly to the cost to the overall product, which is one of its main selling features. It would also take the company away from the efficient simple design they have. Just my 2 cents.
oh, without a doubt, but it all boils down to how important is it really to get "the Corners", Doing the grow correctly from start to finish, i think the middle will gain what the corners lose in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom