Light spectrum question

Cwmoore577

Hello all,

Right now I've got two plants that I flipped to flower exactly 7 days ago.

My light is from BudgetLED and it's one of the new models that are able to switch from veg spec to flower spec using the deep red/far red diodes. It also has a UVA switch.

My question is when should the light spectrum be switched to flower? Right at flip, after stretch? What about the UVA?

Thanks!

interestingly they talked about it in a post perhaps recently (true @Budget LED ?) regardless I recall them replying "... about the 4 week flowering mark... strain etc depending ..."

We probably have similar models, series 3+ r spec 250 xl perhaps?

As stated, its absolutely great to do a transition phase of about two weeks into flower- then adjust to fit your liking from blue to red.

UVA - kick on at about week 3/4.

interestingly they talked about it in a post perhaps recently (true @Budget LED ?) regardless I recall them replying "... about the 4 week flowering mark... strain etc depending ..."

We probably have similar models, series 3+ r spec 250 xl perhaps?
Ok. Yea I've got the Series 2+ 250 r spec and then I added the Series 3+ 130 full spec. I only run 2-3 plants at a time so it's plenty for me.
As stated, its absolutely great to do a transition phase of about two weeks into flower- then adjust to fit your liking from blue to red.

UVA - kick on at about week 3/4.
Awesome. Thanks for replying. I will switch it to red in another week. I just now switched the UVA on, that should still be alright correct?

Ok. Yea I've got the Series 2+ 250 r spec and then I added the Series 3+ 130 full spec. I only run 2-3 plants at a time so it's plenty for me.

Awesome. Thanks for replying. I will switch it to red in another week. I just now switched the UVA on, that should still be alright correct?

Not a problem at all.

Meant week 3 to 4 of flower For turning UVA on.

We have noticed to, in early veg, a few days of UVA can improve growth / give the plant a little burst of life. Again, just an observation we have made in our internal testing.

Flip into flower based on how tall you want it. Maybe veg 3 - 6 weeks 8? Then flip to 12/12 cycle. As Budget said turn on UV week three or four of flower, so around 4 - 5 weeks after you have switched to flower (12/12 or 11/13) as plants take about a week to make the switch.

Stretch and ideal veg time differ from strain to strain.

Back
Top Bottom