Lighting Question

Sdfj

Hi All,

I am a first time grower. My plants have been on the 12 / 12 lighting schedule. My plant has many buds and am wondering do I carry on with the 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness or should I change at this point in time?

Thanks....:thanks:

The strain is crown royale. How do I know when the flowering cycle is complete?

Sweet! CKS Crown Royale? I just got that one started myself. G00ch has journal going. I think that one was stated as around 9 weeks to finish flower.. but get yourself a good magnifier. You'll want it to harvest at the best time. Plenty of good indicators and info posted here. This place is quite the resource and has some pretty cool and talented cultivators.. and everyone has a little different taste as to exactly when to harvest based on what you are looking for. I like the extra punch so I usually go a week or two longer. Just a touch of amber to the resin glands.. but that will be the key.

How long have you been in flowering? Most photo strains are around 8-10 weeks.. but some can be even longer. Especially sativa dominant strains. My hindu kush takes 14 weeks. It's brutal lol.

There was no link posted? Sorry I'm a newbie here too lol. What am I looking
For with the magnifying glass?

81kasEW-RVL_SL1500_.jpg

something like this.. mine has two powers, but not needed.

Not familiar with that strain.
Though typically you will want to look at the trichomes and see what phase they are in. THC builds up in then and creates a milky white appearance. They start out clear, like a little ball on the end of a tube that is crystal clear. Once they are fully mature and max'ed out on THC they begin to start turning amber in color. This is when the THC starts breaking down. There is a big debate and a lot of it is personal preference but normally once all trichomes are milky white and you start seeing Amber, that is the starting point of when to harvest. Some, like my brother likes to wait till 20% of the trichomes are amber before he harvests because he likes the stoney high he gets from it. Me I let about 5% go amber then chopper down. Is one better then the other? well thats like saying which is better pizza or burgers. It is all personal preference from that point on. If you do not own a pocket microscope yet, it is well worth the 11 bucks to own one. Though I am old and my eyes are not what they use to be.
You should be able to buy one at your building which people sometimes go in and out of and some even hand over currency in exchange for something of value they happened to find inside said build, though not referring to any specific type of business or other violation of site regulation or online.

Hope this helps you out.

Not familiar with that strain.
Though typically you will want to look at the trichomes and see what phase they are in. THC builds up in then and creates a milky white appearance. They start out clear, like a little ball on the end of a tube that is crystal clear. Once they are fully mature and max'ed out on THC they begin to start turning amber in color. This is when the THC starts breaking down. There is a big debate and a lot of it is personal preference but normally once all trichomes are milky white and you start seeing Amber, that is the starting point of when to harvest. Some, like my brother likes to wait till 20% of the trichomes are amber before he harvests because he likes the stoney high he gets from it. Me I let about 5% go amber then chopper down. Is one better then the other? well thats like saying which is better pizza or burgers. It is all personal preference from that point on. If you do not own a pocket microscope yet, it is well worth the 11 bucks to own one. Though I am old and my eyes are not what they use to be.
You should be able to buy one at your local grow store or online.

Hope this helps you out.

Out of likes. Dang.

The primary indicator that you will want to start watching trichomes closer will be the swelling of the flower. The buds will start to inflate like they are filling with water. I usually start my flush shortly after this starts.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Sdfj!

I've run three completed grows with CKS Crown Royal seeds. Every environment is different and will affect Veg and Flowering times. Of the three harvests, the average I found was around 70 days for them to be cooked to my likeness. Your palate may vary, but the advice to look at the tricomes is the accurate measure. You'll know after a few grows when it is ripe without magnification, but until the experience kicks in I would get a jewelers loupe off FleaBay for about $5. Thee are several threads on :420: that can instruct you concerning what you are looking to discover. After 3 different grows with Crown Royale under three different light types, I will offer that this is a strain that likes some room and stretches quite a bit during flower.

Best of Buds

JB
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom