Lights on at night in autoflower garden

an adjustable "deadband"

A.k.a. "hysteresis." I think plants evolved in soil that didn't change pH very much, so that seems ideal. The pH scale is logarithmic, so a shift of 0.7 pH is a big change in concentration. Or so it seems to me. Interesting stuff.

These microcontroller systems have made automaton so much easier. Back when I started it was discrete chips. Hell, back when I first started, it was just transistors! :p

So does the float valve actually control city water feed? Or from another reservoir? In any case, I love the low maintenance part. I enjoy gardening, but it's nice to have the option to let things coast for a while!

A.k.a. "hysteresis." I think plants evolved in soil that didn't change pH very much, so that seems ideal. The pH scale is logarithmic, so a shift of 0.7 pH is a big change in concentration. Or so it seems to me. Interesting stuff.

These microcontroller systems have made automaton so much easier. Back when I started it was discrete chips. Hell, back when I first started, it was just transistors! .

So does the float valve actually control city water feed? Or from another reservoir? In any case, I love the low maintenance part. I enjoy gardening, but it's nice to have the option to let things coast for a while!
.7 is huge from a root point of view. Taste it some day. The difference is pretty obvious. If I need to move it that much I do it over time. I'm gonna build a drip system to feed it stuff like that, and other touchy additives over longer periods. I've also been saying this for quite a while, but it's on the list.

I have a float valve... I was just telling someone it is the best $14.95 I ever spent. If I lower my Ph to the lower 5s I could go a week before the Ph needed acid again. Pretty cool

I just this minute finished getting my new autowatering system running. :)

It's a five gallon reservoir watering one air pot holding six gallons of coco coir (but at this point I'm just conditioning the coco with Ca/Mg solution while impatiently waiting for seeds to get here).

I'd love to have auto-topoff, but that's probably not practical for this grow, though now you've got me thinking about it...

I just this minute finished getting my new autowatering system running. :)

It's a five gallon reservoir watering one air pot holding six gallons of coco coir (but at this point I'm just conditioning the coco with Ca/Mg solution while impatiently waiting for seeds to get here).

I'd love to have auto-topoff, but that's probably not practical for this grow, though now you've got me thinking about it...
The only downside, which I no longer have a problem with is if you watch how much water the plants take up daily autofill kinda screws that up. I just measure my nutes to get a feel for what they're doing. I have an all in one meter that will plot a line over the previous 30 days to show peaks and valleys.

It's just a 7/16 hole and a waterline, and stupid cheap

The only downside, which I no longer have a problem with is if you watch how much water the plants take up daily autofill kinda screws that up. I just measure my nutes to get a feel for what they're doing. I have an all in one meter that will plot a line over the previous 30 days to show peaks and valleys.

It's just a 7/16 hole and a waterline, and stupid cheap

My last hydro reservoir had an inverted bottle (like an IV bottle) that fed it dilute nutes as the volume dropped. The bottle had volume markings so it was easy to see how much was going in. But that was just one dwarf in a small reservoir, so it was pretty easy to top off from half-gallon bottle.

My last hydro reservoir had an inverted bottle (like an IV bottle) that fed it dilute nutes as the volume dropped. The bottle had volume markings so it was easy to see how much was going in. But that was just one dwarf in a small reservoir, so it was pretty easy to top off from half-gallon bottle.
That's cool. I have 50 gallons 2 pots and the res. It would be impossible to fill it (safely) with RO water without a tank. While I would love a tank I don't have the real estate for it inside, and it would quickly heat up outside. I bought new filters that will make my 200GPD RO output 300GPD but still

Back
Top Bottom