Lights or nutrients?

sundrop

420 Member
suggestions please?
14 days old, northern lights auto, ffof soil, 5gal pot, 700w marsII light 24/7, i've applied no nutes at this stage, 3x3 tent, 1 240cfm exhaust fan, temps average 70f, 60/65 relative humidity, 32 ounces of distilled water every other day. she looks limey in color, mottled, kinda washed out... thanks for any input!
14days.jpg

Definitely not a nutrient shortage for that plant in FFOF. I wouldn't have your light any closer than 30" at this stage. If your space is utilized with other plants, make sure she isn't right underneath. At 65RH, she shouldn't be taking 32oz every other day (yet). Careful not to drown her.

I've got 2 plants that have that same "limey" color to them. If I only had 1 seedling, I'd be nervous/anxious. It could be just genetics? I find a lot of sativas look like that. Northern Lights doesn't exactly fall into that category though. Keep us posted and good luck!

thx spitz! i've got the lights at 18 inches - also have 3 other room mates with this one and they look pretty good - i'm going to move the lights right now!

thx!! yea, i worried about the watering as well, but my moisture meter always says 'dry' when i check them - they're in tall cloth pots. maybe it's time for me to do the 'weigh' method. and i do have a 12' fan blowing 24/7 inside the tent as well.
if it's ok with you folks, i'll update with new pics of all the girls at day 21.
this is my first indoor grow in 20 years, and i know i'm being overly cautious.
thx again!

I think moving the light up or her to the side is good advice, I'd lay off the water a bit. Maybe every 3rd day unless the weigh test confirms being dry. Peace!!

well, i cant thank spitz and shaggn enough for the advice - moving the lights up has made a world of difference. i owe you gents a ton!
i present the ladies - first one was the one i had trouble with - the other 2 are doing ok now, i lost the 4th one to a cricket that was carrying a 'Bring Doritos' sign around my tent. i've since dispatched his greedy plant eating ass...
day16pot3.jpg

day16pot2.jpg

day16pot1.jpg

Good news! Leave your lights there and let your plants grow into them. Careful with watering. You want good wet/dry cycles. That's tricky with very small plants. Keep nursing her along and increasing watering amounts (letting her dry in between) until you can give her full flood cycles. Don't think about adding nutrients until at least 3 weeks into flower with FFOF/Autos. You won't need it. It's good soil. Start a journal?

Back
Top Bottom